GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anyone have the Granatelli single strut tower brace?

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/06, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by karman
Check the manual.
46 is for the center, 26 is the bolts the braces attach to.
Yes but the bolt in the center is not the sturt tower it is the strut
Old 8/16/06, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor

Old 8/16/06, 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dekujala
Got my ford factory engine cover today and put it on. The brace DOES NOT clear it. well sort of. It touches at the very center, can't even slide a business card between them. Not sure how over time with engine movement and such it might wear on the cover, but guess I'll see
I have an 05 GT

I haven't tried it myself yet, but it should work with the 05 too. Give it a shot. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=240
Old 8/16/06, 12:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I remember someone saying that the STB does have a left and right side and the torque is 24-26 ft lbs.
I think that was the Strange STB that had a designated passenger side.
Old 8/16/06, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor

Weird though
Old 8/16/06, 12:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'll be trying the fuel rail stud fix probably after work myself. Hopefully it hasn't rubbed enough in one week to do any wearing. This should definatly solve my issue since I can see that it would lower it enough. I was trying to jam it down on that stud like crazy when I installed it but can obviously still see a gap with the nut that prevents it from going down all the way.
Old 8/16/06, 12:59 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, the Strange is angled slightly backwards, so they mark which side is the passenger side on the brackets. Fits nicely with the Midwest Auto Gear cover, too. It does rub a little on the hood liner, though. I haven't checked it in a while, might do that later today.

The Midwest plenum cover installs under the fuel rail bolts, so it sits lower than the instructions for the Ford plenum cover would have you do it. So I guess if I had just sat my cover on top of the bolts, it would've hit more.

I put my STB on right after I got the car, and it had been awhile since I drove the last car, so I don't know how much of a difference it really makes, but I'm happy with it anyway.
Old 8/16/06, 02:20 PM
GT Member

As an FYI it's my '07 that was fitted with the strut tower brace with the fix explained in previous threads, and is pictured above as posted by Granatelli...it definately clears and so far no rubbing on the hood liner....the brace makes a noticable improvement in handling, especially when teamed up with the A frame brace which connects the A frames in a similiar fashion....also an easy install, although you obviously need to get under the car. I wanted both pieces not only due to the handling enhancement, but to help in preventing unwanted creaks and rattles down the line
Old 8/16/06, 03:49 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Granatelli
Yes but the bolt in the center is not the sturt tower it is the strut
Yeah, that's exactly why I didn't understand why you made that mistake.
Old 8/16/06, 03:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just ordered my Granatelli Single Bar STB!! Can't wait for it to arrive, and see if I can feel the difference. I want to thank Joe from Granatelli for extending the sale on this piece. For that price, I couldn't pass one up. Just bummed that I couldn't get it in blue, but that's cool. I'll send it out to the body shop my dealership uses, and have it painted Vista Blue, to match my car. Thanks again Joe, for offering us a great deal here on TMS.
Old 8/16/06, 04:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

did the fuel rail stud thing and now it clears fine, although after just one week there was substantial wear on the cover from where the brace was touching, couldnt see it till I took the brace off. I may have to order a new cover if it really starts to bug me, but since its right under the brace unless your at the right angle you cant see it.
Old 8/17/06, 08:49 AM
Bullitt Member

So, it appears the GMA STB will fit over the stock engine cover (05/06)with plenty of clearance and no rubbing of the hood liner. If you change the cover you have to reposition the fuel rail nuts/studs under the cover to allow the STB to clear the cover. Is that an accurate assessment?
Old 8/17/06, 12:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RKNMACH
So, it appears the GMA STB will fit over the stock engine cover (05/06)with plenty of clearance and no rubbing of the hood liner. If you change the cover you have to reposition the fuel rail nuts/studs under the cover to allow the STB to clear the cover. Is that an accurate assessment?
Sort of LOL,
Reposition the nuts/studs over the cover to make it clear. And it does rub the hood liner slightly, but not much at all.
Old 8/17/06, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Sort of LOL,
Reposition the nuts/studs over the cover to make it clear. And it does rub the hood liner slightly, but not much at all.
Thanks. I think I meant to say that but got caught up in phone calls. That makes more more sense.
Old 8/17/06, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor

Perhaps you can paint your cover to find the scratches. Like the same color as your car
Old 8/19/06, 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sort of LOL,
I missed it. I'm ordering both parts, cover & brace. What do I do to switch which bolts/nuts/ studs. What? I want no rubby on my cover.
Old 8/19/06, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ARBO
I missed it. I'm ordering both parts, cover & brace. What do I do to switch which bolts/nuts/ studs. What? I want no rubby on my cover.
The 06 should not rub
Old 8/19/06, 09:57 PM
Bullitt Member

It's just a better way of putting on the plenum cover. Even if the older models don't rub, it's still a better install for more clearance.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=240
Old 8/19/06, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

When I ordered the plentum cover I also ordered the differant nut bolt set that they said I needed to retro fit the 07 plentum to the 05-06. I have 06. Any input on this for with stut? I plan to order the brace either way, right price and I'm sure it will work.
Old 8/21/06, 10:23 AM
V6 Member

When I ordered the plentum cover I also ordered the differant nut bolt set that they said I needed to retro fit the 07 plentum to the 05-06. I have 06. Any input on this for with stut? I plan to order the brace either way, right price and I'm sure it will work.
I have the 07 plenum cover and the GMS STB and there is a slight rub on the bar at the center. If you don't take the bar off you will never see it. I think some of us are way too ****. mitch e

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Granatelli single strut tower brace?