GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anyone have the Granatelli single strut tower brace?

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/06, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I got the brace from Joe and the quality is very good. I haven't received the Ford cover yet so I can't say weather it will clear or not. I sure hope so.
thanks
Old 7/26/06, 12:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I was told my brace shipped last Friday, so hopefully it may be waiting for me when I get home, or very soon.
Just got the call from KC, so my Engine cover should be here some time next week.

Once I have both I'll post up about it clearing the cover or not, as well as any info I find out.
Old 7/26/06, 05:35 PM
Former Vendor

Old 7/26/06, 05:35 PM
Former Vendor

clears by a mile
Old 7/28/06, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Got my Granatelli brace today. They did call me before shipping and notify me that only black is now available (my earlier reply in this post said I was getting royal blue) Decided to just go with black, but they would have had it custom painted for me if I wanted.

Here are a couple photos. I should get my ford engine cover next week and be able to confirm it clears this cover (Granatelli's post shows it clears the Midwest Auto Gear one)
There is aprox 3/4" clearance at the narrowest gap. Also it doesn't appear to rub on the hood liner at all, at least no marks were left so I'm assuming it doesn't touch it.

I don't know if its my mind, but I am suprised at how much difference a brace seems to make, can really tell coming in and out of my driveway with the curb
Attached Images   
Old 7/28/06, 06:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Granatelli single bar brace

I got my Ford cover in last night and installed it with the brace. It is a close fit but it does work and I'm a happy camper.

Last edited by GRAYPNY; 9/15/10 at 06:36 PM.
Old 7/28/06, 06:55 PM
Former Vendor

I got my Ford cover in last night and installed it with the brace. It is a close fit but it does work and I'm a happy camper.
And there you have it
Old 7/28/06, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the pics Rich, the Granatelli STB and the Ford Engine Cover looks great together. Glad to hear the combo does in fact work and also glad to hear it doesn't rub on the underhood blanket like the Strange Development STB does. My Ford engine cover is supposed to arrive via FedEx tomorrow, and my Granatelli STB and CAI should be here next week along with my new Vert! I can't wait so start modding her as soon as she arrives.
Old 7/28/06, 07:05 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
Thanks for the pics Rich, the Granatelli STB and the Ford Engine Cover looks great together. Glad to hear the combo does in fact work and also glad to hear it doesn't rub on the underhood blanket like the Strange Development STB does. My Ford engine cover is supposed to arrive via FedEx tomorrow, and my Granatelli STB and CAI should be here next week along with my new Vert! I can't wait so start modding her as soon as she arrives.
Buster - Think Turbo

Old 7/28/06, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
Buster - Think Turbo

Trust me, JR, it has crossed my mind to jump at your Turbo install offer, especially since the in-laws live in Oxnard. But to get the Mustang, I had to promise the wife that I wouldn't go overboard on the mods like I did with the Corvette. In fact, my very limited mod budget has been finance soley from selling off the old stock C5 parts, ha, ha.
Old 7/28/06, 07:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BTW, I didn't say that the brace doesn't rub the hood blanket. It does but that is certainly no big deal to me.
Old 7/28/06, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dekujala
Got my Granatelli brace today. They did call me before shipping and notify me that only black is now available (my earlier reply in this post said I was getting royal blue) Decided to just go with black, but they would have had it custom painted for me if I wanted.

Here are a couple photos. I should get my ford engine cover next week and be able to confirm it clears this cover (Granatelli's post shows it clears the Midwest Auto Gear one)
There is aprox 3/4" clearance at the narrowest gap. Also it doesn't appear to rub on the hood liner at all, at least no marks were left so I'm assuming it doesn't touch it.

I don't know if its my mind, but I am suprised at how much difference a brace seems to make, can really tell coming in and out of my driveway with the curb
I just based my comments on this post and yours.
Old 7/28/06, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Glad to hear the cover fits under it

Mine doesn't appear to rub on the lining, or if it does its very little, perhaps over time I might see something
Old 7/31/06, 05:23 PM
Former Vendor

Glad everyone is happy. What else can we do for you?
Old 8/1/06, 11:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, how about xtending the sale for a week!!!
Old 8/4/06, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

***This issue has been resolved, please see post #60*** An update for those wanted to install the Granatelli Single STB on 2007's. I just got my 2007 GT Premium Vert in on the night of 2 Aug, and on the morning of 3 Aug my Granatelli Single STB arrived. I eagerly attempted to installed it, and quickly determined that contray to popular belief, there ARE changes to the 2007. The Single STB that DID fit over the Ford Engine Covers that are being retrofitted to 2005-2006's, will NOT fit over the Ford Engine Cover on the 2007. It wasn't even close to clearing the cover, and the mounting plates were not even touching the strut towers it was so high centered on the cover. I will be returning the STB as it won't work, but the folks at Granatelli were very helpful and understanding. Not sure what changes Ford made to the Strut Towers, but they did change something
Old 8/4/06, 09:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

An update for those wanted to install the Granatelli Single STB on 2007's. I just got my 2007 GT Premium Vert in on the night of 2 Aug, and on the morning of 3 Aug my Granatelli Single STB arrived. I eagerly attempted to installed it, and quickly determined that contray to popular belief, there ARE changes to the 2007. The Single STB that DID fit over the Ford Engine Covers that are being retrofitted to 2005-2006's, will NOT fit over the Ford Engine Cover on the 2007. It wasn't even close to clearing the cover, and the mounting plates were not even touching the strut towers it was so high centered on the cover. I will be returning the STB as it won't work, but the folks at Granatelli were very helpful and understanding. Not sure what changes Ford made to the Strut Towers, but they did change something
Very strange, wonder what they did to cause this, seems like the engine is higher or something almost.

I'm still waiting on my cover, KC called me last Thurs and said it would ship this past Monday, but I still haven't got it
Old 8/4/06, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not sure what changes Ford made to the Strut Towers, but they did change something

How strange. Just this week we discovered that the Cal Special has a different exhaust system on it.
Old 8/4/06, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dekujala
Very strange, wonder what they did to cause this, seems like the engine is higher or something almost.

I'm still waiting on my cover, KC called me last Thurs and said it would ship this past Monday, but I still haven't got it
Yep, I agree. It does seem like either the engine sits slightly higher, or the strut towers themselves are not shorter. To me it looks like the engine might sit higher, as it doesn't look like there is much room between the Ford Engine cover and the hood blanket.
Old 8/4/06, 10:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yep, I agree. It does seem like either the engine sits slightly higher, or the strut towers themselves are not shorter. To me it looks like the engine might sit higher, as it doesn't look like there is much room between the Ford Engine cover and the hood blanket.
Congrads on the new ride, and thanks for the info. This could be a problem for the twin screw add on guys. The Saleen already requires that the engine be lowered with new mounts. I guess you could always try the lower/stiffer engine mounts, but that would be kind of extreme just to fit a STB.

Congrads again, here's some nanners for ya!

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Granatelli single strut tower brace?