GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anyone have the Granatelli single strut tower brace?

Search this Thread

Old 6/25/06, 04:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have the Granatelli single strut tower brace?

I was thinking about ordering the strange brace, but then saw that summit has a granatelli one that looks almost identical and is blue powerdercoated, which would match my blue car. Just wondering if anyone has this and if it clears the plenum cover since I am getting one of the new 07 covers. Plus its alot cheaper than the strange one.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Attached Images  
Old 7/8/06, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor

Sorry - picture shows Blue but the parts are Black. We can paint one blue for you but you would have to order the part direct from GMS
Old 7/8/06, 10:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
Sorry - picture shows Blue but the parts are Black. We can paint one blue for you but you would have to order the part direct from GMS
Does it clear the Ford Plenum Engine Cover like the Strange Development one does? Also, is it less expensive to purchase it directly from you? And finally since it is steel, how much does it weigh?

Thanks!

Buster
Old 7/8/06, 10:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
Does it clear the Ford Plenum Engine Cover like the Strange Development one does? Also, is it less expensive to purchase it directly from you? And finally since it is steel, how much does it weigh?

Thanks!

Buster
Well we have them on special this month for $50.00 so I don't know if that is a better deal or not. Most guys say that it does clear thier cover but I don't dare say yes or no because it seems to go both ways depending on the installer and or the cover maker.

It is hollow tube steel - it weighs almost nothing
Old 7/8/06, 10:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info. $50 sounds like an excellent deal. So to order if from you we would just go through your website or PM you? My car isn't scheduled to arrive until the week of 02 August, so I want to wait until then to purchase it. My wife is understanding, but she was not keen on my buying stuff for a car I don't even have yet, ha, ha.
Old 7/8/06, 10:55 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks for the info. $50 sounds like an excellent deal. So to order if from you we would just go through your website or PM you? My car isn't scheduled to arrive until the week of 02 August, so I want to wait until then to purchase it. My wife is understanding, but she was not keen on my buying stuff for a car I don't even have yet, ha, ha.
Just let us know when you are ready
Old 7/9/06, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Is that $50 painted? If so I'm in right now. If it's for it in black I'm still in. PM me with details.
Old 7/9/06, 08:53 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,817 Likes on 2,086 Posts
Originally Posted by dekujala
I was thinking about ordering the strange brace, but then saw that summit has a granatelli one that looks almost identical and is blue powerdercoated, which would match my blue car. Just wondering if anyone has this and if it clears the plenum cover since I am getting one of the new 07 covers. Plus its alot cheaper than the strange one.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...&postcount=318

Looks Like Shelby Brace!

Old 7/9/06, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor

Your PM has been sent
Old 7/14/06, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
While the GMS brace and the Shelby brace look similar, they obviously aren't. We know the GMS brace fits under a stock hood, and it sounds like it clears the Ford engine cover. While the Shelby brace clears the Ford engine cover, we now know it will not fit under a stock Mustang GT hood, since it was designed for the Shelby hood. Cutting of the stock hoods underhood supports are required to clear the Shelby brace. The GMS brace now sounds even better.
Old 7/15/06, 02:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I know the ford racing dual tube strut tower brace will clear the stock hood, just leaves too small indentations in the pad, so nice tight fit. I think it will clear the cover as I just installed my cover, I used to have the ford racing brace on my 05, and Hopefully it will fit, cause they look real nice together I am sure. Waiting for someone to have both and try em out.
Old 7/15/06, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
Well I know the ford racing dual tube strut tower brace will clear the stock hood, just leaves too small indentations in the pad, so nice tight fit. I think it will clear the cover as I just installed my cover, I used to have the ford racing brace on my 05, and Hopefully it will fit, cause they look real nice together I am sure. Waiting for someone to have both and try em out.
Yep, it would be nice if there was a sticky thread with pics of all the different STB's installed, with included info such as if will it clear the Ford engine cover or not. To me it looks like the FRPP STB is going to be too low to clear the Ford engine cover, but hopefully someone will post soon with the answer.
Old 7/16/06, 08:59 PM

Yep, it would be nice if there was a sticky thread with pics of all the different STB's installed, with included info such as if will it clear the Ford engine cover or not. To me it looks like the FRPP STB is going to be too low to clear the Ford engine cover, but hopefully someone will post soon with the answer.
See my post here for current info. on FRPP STB with Ford plenum cover:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...=35851&page=21
Alan
Old 7/17/06, 06:42 PM
Former Vendor

I am confused - Our stuff does work
Old 7/17/06, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Granatelli
I am confused - Our stuff does work
JR,

Earlier in the thread I wrote: "While the GMS brace and the Shelby brace look similar, they obviously aren't. We know the GMS brace fits under a stock hood, and it sounds like it clears the Ford engine cover. While the Shelby brace clears the Ford engine cover, we now know it will not fit under a stock Mustang GT hood, since it was designed for the Shelby hood. Cutting of the stock hoods underhood supports are required to clear the Shelby brace. The GMS brace now sounds even better."

Folks want to see some good photos of the STB's mounted over the Ford cover to make sure everything fits. Until then everything is just speculation. We all thought the Shelby brace was going to work too, but now we know you have to cut your hood to make it work. I think your STB is probably just the ticket, but until I see a photo of one mounted over the Ford engine cover, I too am hesitant to buy. At your great price of $50 I'll bet you would sell a ton of the your single STB if you can post some pics of it clearing the Ford engine cover, and I'll be first in line!

Buster
Old 7/19/06, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I ordered one up, JR they said you were busy so spoke to someone else. They told me that I had a choice of black or royal blue, so figured rather than having you guys custom paint it royal blue would match close enough.
I do have my name in for an engine cover from KC, but haven't received a call yet to verify info, but eventually I'll have the cover as well so if someone doesn't get the combo of this bar and cover before then I'll post info once I get my cover, since I'm sure I'll get the bar first.
Old 7/19/06, 04:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Dan, hope you get your cover and STB soon. Post some pics and let us know how it all fits. My Vert isn't scheduled to arrive until August, and I don't know when my cover will arrive. But if your brace and cover fit Dan, I will be ordering one as well.

Thanks again,
Buster
Old 7/21/06, 04:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The Strange STB will clear the cover, but it rubs the hood insulation. It doesn't rub the hood, so for me, all is clear.
Old 7/21/06, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Hatchman
The Strange STB will clear the cover, but it rubs the hood insulation. It doesn't rub the hood, so for me, all is clear.
I have a car coming in on Monday so I hope to post then
Old 7/21/06, 06:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got the brace from Joe and the quality is very good. I haven't received the Ford cover yet so I can't say weather it will clear or not. I sure hope so.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the Granatelli single strut tower brace?