GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anybody try the Flowtech Terminator Axleback set yet?

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/06, 06:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 13, 2006, 2:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Is it the dreaded trumpeting??
[/b][/quote]

I have the same setup Dave has (bassani xpipe/flowmasters). It's not a trumpet sound (at least not in my case), but it did raise the pitch up a bit. At WOT, it sounds like a beast though, much more than with the stock h-pipe. It's just raspier sounding when going through the gears at a normal pace, but I don't have the trumpeting at any RPM like I had with the offroad h-pipe I tried. Again, that's my opinion, but I'm pointing out the positives for me, I have the same reserve about 100% liking the total sound that Dave has.
Old 2/13/06, 06:15 PM

It sounds like the muffler manufacturers that simply fit one of their existing mufflers to a GT end up with a droning nightmare. The Flowtech Terminator is exactly that. I bet the drone is baaaaad.

The Flows were specifically designed for the 2005 Mustang GT, so that's cool. But the Stingers and MACs do sound good.

Confusion Reigns. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sodaman @ February 13, 2006, 5:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Go with the frpp/borla axlebacks and be done with it. Sound is awesome. Nice and deep. I didnt like the sound with an bassani xpipe and comp cats, made it higher pitched loudness. Was looking for the older deep tone.
[/b][/quote]

You're probably right. Every clip of the Stingers sounds good...

Feel... my... mind... slipping... away......

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/14/06, 09:33 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ February 13, 2006, 3:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Is it the dreaded trumpeting??
[/b][/quote]

I might have to back you on that because when I am ON it, in the lower gears as the rpms come up, I do get a kind of 'reverberation' that I can only describe as 'rattle' or the like.......

I am coming to terms with how much louder the exhaust is...... but that sound bugs me.......
Old 2/14/06, 10:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the droning issue is dependent on the ears that are listening to them also. I have seen over and over that the Flowmaster AT setup does not drone, or is very minimal. I have lived with them since sept, and yes there is a drone, but only at certain RPM's. I drove to San Diego over the weekend, and while going through the hills from Arizona to SD, if I was at a certain RPM the Drone would vibrate the heck out of the car. but downshift, or get out of that RPM and it was gone. Even then it is not like it is droning from idle to WOT, just certain spots. I would really like to hear some of the Corsa pipes, and see if they really get rid of the drone completly. For the crazy price they are charging, there should be none at all. Same with the Billy Boat setup. I think I saw those for over 800 bucks for some mufflers. With all the folks that have changed out numerous setups and still keep getting the drone, has anyone tried installing resenators to see if this does anything? I would love to loose my cats, to get my car louder, but do not want to smell like gas, so I may try the Bassani x with the comp cats. Hopefully their headers will bolt up to it when they finally come out with the LT's.
Old 2/14/06, 11:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

$800 for a set of mufflers? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] not saying they aren't worth it to some folks, but to me that sounds like a rip off [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] But then again, some folks will pay thousands of dollars for a set of wheels, money is only money I suppose.