GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Anybody running Stinger's with an O/R X-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/07, 05:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stingers with a borla x and borla headers as well
Old 6/12/07, 05:43 PM
Cobra R Member

sounds good and throaty
Old 6/15/07, 06:25 PM
Cobra Member

Here is a video I just threw together, Its still with the Cats but hopefully soon I will get some footage of the O/R X for comparison.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GD3htFQg9bU
Old 6/15/07, 08:35 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlamMan02
Here is a video I just threw together, Its still with the Cats but hopefully soon I will get some footage of the O/R X for comparison.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GD3htFQg9bU
Dude...great video!!! I mean, really. Nice work.

I actually just put on the Stingers and catted x and loved it. Although, I also thought I would try out the o/r x too. Well, that was a total waste of time and effort for me. It was a real PITA to swap out the cat pipes for the o/r segments on my Bassani x. Totally not worth the effort. I ended up really disliking the sound of the o/r x with these mufflers. I mean, from the outside of the car it sounded pretty good but the inside really made the x-pipe kackle and raspyness evident. So, in the end I made the switch back to the cats and couldn't be happier. The o/r x just wasn't for me.
Old 6/15/07, 10:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by QuikStang
Dude...great video!!! I mean, really. Nice work.

I actually just put on the Stingers and catted x and loved it. Although, I also thought I would try out the o/r x too. Well, that was a total waste of time and effort for me. It was a real PITA to swap out the cat pipes for the o/r segments on my Bassani x. Totally not worth the effort. I ended up really disliking the sound of the o/r x with these mufflers. I mean, from the outside of the car it sounded pretty good but the inside really made the x-pipe kackle and raspyness evident. So, in the end I made the switch back to the cats and couldn't be happier. The o/r x just wasn't for me.
Thanks for the compliments, I actually just finished posting a new thread of the Video for everyone to see...But i know exactly what your takling about with the weird noise with O/R X - A friend of mine is running O/R X and Bassani BX and it sounds reallllllyyy raspy! However I will still probably end up throwing on the race pipes sooner or later just to get an idea of the sound for myself.