GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Any preferences on brake pads (to use with factory rotors)?

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/06, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any preferences on brake pads (to use with factory rotors)?

With only 17K on the car the brakes are squealing loudly now that the weather has warmed up. I've tried pulling up on the parking brake when going down hill and verified the noise is from the front. Now all I need are some decent pads. I've never had even the slightest hint of fade and the factory rotors are true so I see no reason to replace them yet. I just want to get some pads that are nice and quiet. Unless someone has a better suggestion, I'll probably go with Raybestos Quiet Stop. Any one used these (or others) with good results?
Old 5/31/06, 08:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the Hawk HPS pads and like them a lot. They perform at least 20% better than stock. Some brake dust and some squeak not bad. You can get them from the Tire Rack.
Old 5/31/06, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Keystone
I'll probably go with Raybestos Quiet Stop. Any one used these (or others) with good results?
i was thinking of trying Raybestos, write a review about them if you get them
Old 6/1/06, 04:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I have the Hawk HPS pads and like them a lot. They perform at least 20% better than stock. Some brake dust and some squeak not bad. You can get them from the Tire Rack.
OK, thanks for the info. I'll take a look at those. I'm really more interested in no squeal than more braking performance. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the brakes (stopping power anyway, the squealing is awful) on the S197. I've never driven an S95 but I've driven a few Fox bodies and they didn't stop very well at all.

What ever I end up buying I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think of them.
Old 6/2/06, 06:39 AM
GT Member

I used to have a G35 coupe and they were notorious for squeeky brakes (and dusty). I replaced them w/ Satisfied Pro Ceramic brake pads. NO more squeek and dust was almost zero. Also those on the G35 boards got the same results.
I would think those would be the ideal pad for our cars.
BTW: I also had the Hawk HPS pads on the G35. They were ok, but still squeeled and were quite dusty, but the dust was lighter in color and didn't appear as bad. As far as stopping power, both pads were better than stock. Remember, all this was done on a G35 coupe.
Old 6/2/06, 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

has anyone tried bosch brake pads for the 2005 mustang i saw them listed in a few sites and ebay, Bosch is german and they have the best braking technolgy they are the first to come up with abs brakes i think.
Old 6/2/06, 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

At 29,000 miles my brakes had become downright dangerous....poor stopping power at high speeds.

I threw on Hawk HPS pads and Powerslot rotors front/rear and I am very pleased....once they get warmed up it is excellent stopping power.
Old 6/3/06, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok, this makes no sense. Here's a link to a page with 6 different ones and the prices are all over the place:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...+Front&ptset=A

The Quiet Stops are the most expensive but if you click on the Satisfied it claims they retail for $146 but they're selling them for $39.99 which is the cheapest of all of them. Guess I'll go with those. I'll be sure to post with how I like them.