GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Another tri-ax shifter review Good info

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/08, 03:01 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another tri-ax shifter review Good info

Well i had some trouble ever since i got this shifter,brought it to the shop to get it installed(compition auto in fayetville N.C) after about 2 blocks from the shop i turned back and told them that there
s just way to much vibration in the early gears.They told me it was normall with after market shifters,of coarse i listened to them. So when ever i would do anywhere past 100 i would get this awfull vibrating like the car was going to blow up but then iagain i thought this was normall and i didnt complain.So while Replacing the clutch i noticed that the dust cover was broken. So i decieded to take some pics of it and send it to steeda(gus) and told him my problem. After pointing out another problem(piece on backwards) i decided to just take off the tri ax and put the stock back on. Of coarse after 10sec with the stocker it had to come off.After the lovely people at steeda sent me a new piece at no charge(you can see on this thread what was wrong with it http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=77263

i decided to install the tri ax myself. AFter the negitive toughts i had about the shifter they were all gone. No vibrations at all!!!!

brought it up to 120 on the way to charlote with no problems!!

Anyone thinking about getting this its a good shifter,havent tried any other but anything besides stock

Oh yea if your in the fort bragg area dont ever go to compition auto