GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

3.25'' to a 3.5'' pulley on a Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/11, 02:50 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3.25'' to a 3.5'' pulley on a Whipple

With the mods in the sig and the power output, I'm getting paranoid on the stock shortblock.
The car made above 510rwhp but ran lean. The tuner dialed it back to the current output and said the injectors are still running out past 6k rpm and told me to say below 6k rpm. Well I followed his advise about staying below 6k and since December it has ran well........except in February. The car would sound like it cutting out past 3500 rpm when trying to gradually accelerate (75% throttle, uphill climb on a on-ramp onto an interstate). At WOT, the car would be a dream. This has been avoided by accelerating at a lower throttle or using close to WOT throttle in those cases.

Then the yesterday I was cruising in 4th gear and the car bucked slightly (like it was about to run out of fuel). It was very slight. But then a few moments a mile or two later it bucked again.....then the god forsaken wrench light (safe mode) comes on. I stop the car immediately in the parking lot. The light stayed on, but the car continued to idle just fine. The bucking still was so minor that a passenger paying no attention wouldn't notice. While idling with the wrench light on; the engine light never came on. I was hoping it would so I could at least get a code or something. Nada.

I plugged the SCT into the car during idle. No code. I turned the car off and power on then tried the SCT. No code.

I started it up again and no wrench light. The car is running normal and the once in a blue moon bucking could be my imagination or very small.

With that said, I thinking the HTOs are fouled (running 32 gap) and I'm thinking having the injectors maxed out like that isnt good. So to make the shortblock last longer and hopefully reduced boost to where the injectors can keep up.

Is there anybody running similar mods with a 3.5''? The tuner said the FRPP TB is benefiting and producing better numbers than cars with the stock TB.

What numbers to expect? How much power I'm a sacrificing?