GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

The 08 Bullitt intake, everything you wanted to know and more, Dynotesting...

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/08, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ren274u
I'm confused why you all want this intake so bad when others make more power.
For me, the clincher is the fact that it's a dry filter. I hate oiled filters.
Old 1/30/08, 01:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ren274u
I'm confused why you all want this intake so bad when others make more power.
I think the allure is a factory part with the correct fit and finish. And you have to admit, that airbox is one of the best out there.

I'm happy w/my Steeda cai, but would change the heat shield in a second if I thought the Bullitt piece would fit.
Old 1/30/08, 03:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you just want a dry filter you can look into an Amsoil filter, they make excellent dry filters for CAI's now. See my signature for the link.
Old 1/30/08, 03:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I should have a Couple More Intakes Available in a week or So. They are Priced on Hotsheets. You Will need a Tune from Doug before the Install.

KC
Still no shipping to Europe, KC?
I'd place my order for this CAI in a sec if I knew who ships it overseas...
Old 1/30/08, 04:05 PM
V6 Member

BULLITT intake #3 installed

I have had my Bullitt intake on the car for over a week (Bamachips tune, 85 octane for now), and can say that this setup is MUCH smoother than my previous cai (mac). I chose this setup because not only is it designed to be much cooler than the stainless MAC shield, but also comes with a new MAF element (I had problems with the oil on the MAF element, and suspect a damaged sensor). With the Mac cai, my car would be very sluggish below 2800 RPM, then take off like a rocket. The Bullitt setup doesn't seem quite as powerful at higher revs, but I am getting to speed as quick, if not quicker! Also, I noticed the hood blanket is a early 07, and doesn't have the "pocket" the late '07-'08 part has, mabye I just need a KR or Trufiber hood for the GT500 nose, and enjoy the ram air. I hope gas prices go down soon, so I can try the 91 octane tune!

I would like to give a big THANK YOU to Kevin Casey, and Doug Stoddard, A+ combo!

Pat
Old 1/31/08, 09:57 PM
Bullitt Member

So, if I have an 07 GT/CS, and I go with the Bullitt intake, I will have to swap in an 08 hood blanket?
Old 1/31/08, 11:21 PM
Cobra Member

I'm becoming more and more interested in this set up. I have an 08 gt/cs...Haven't checked the car...but I have the "pocket" for this cai?
Old 2/1/08, 12:47 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,624 Likes on 1,942 Posts
Originally Posted by 07 GT/CS
So, if I have an 07 GT/CS, and I go with the Bullitt intake, I will have to swap in an 08 hood blanket?
It is Not Required but if you Have the Early Blanket it will just not Seal as Well.

KC
Old 2/1/08, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

How much is the hood blanket?
Old 2/1/08, 11:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Maybe somebody can shoot a pic of their hood blanket that has the proper pocket. I checked mine today and it has a recess in the hood blanket where the stock air box is. I would like to see the difference in the 08.
Old 2/3/08, 08:34 PM
V6 Member

We had sone nice weather today, so I took a closer look at the blanket. My car was made Spring '07, so this has the old blanket.
Attached Thumbnails The 08 Bullitt intake, everything you wanted to know and more, Dynotesting...-07linersmall.jpg   The 08 Bullitt intake, everything you wanted to know and more, Dynotesting...-07caism.jpg  
Old 2/3/08, 08:38 PM
V6 Member

As you can see, there is a pocket where the air filter resides, however the area in front of the pocket has a large bulge (viewed fron the driver's side). This basically blocks the foreward inlet into the airbox tray. The solution was to simply trim the offending part of the liner with a razor blade. This will work until I can afford a different hood (hopefully with ram air). Hope this helps.

Pat
Attached Thumbnails The 08 Bullitt intake, everything you wanted to know and more, Dynotesting...-bulgesmall.jpg   The 08 Bullitt intake, everything you wanted to know and more, Dynotesting...-nobulgesmall.jpg  
Old 2/4/08, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I just learned today that the 2008 Ford Racing part will include be the Bullitt intake with the Ford tune. Ford Racing says that the tune will be released "any day" -- it was supposed to be out by now -- but that it will be the same assembly as in the Bullitt -- so that will be another availability for this one.
Old 2/4/08, 09:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SonicBlue05
As you can see, there is a pocket where the air filter resides, however the area in front of the pocket has a large bulge (viewed fron the driver's side). This basically blocks the foreward inlet into the airbox tray. The solution was to simply trim the offending part of the liner with a razor blade. This will work until I can afford a different hood (hopefully with ram air). Hope this helps.

Pat
I wonder though with the liner is cut back, will it cause it to "catch air" and funnel some of the air over the top of the liner in between the liner and the underside of the hood. I searched for a cost for the hood liner from Ford but couldn't find it. If the Bullitt hood liner is reasonable, then swapping it would be preferable in my book.
Old 2/12/08, 09:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Any pics of the late '07 liner with the Bullitt-compatible liner? I want to compare it to mine to see which one I have.
Old 2/13/08, 12:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 07 GT/CS
I wonder though with the liner is cut back, will it cause it to "catch air" and funnel some of the air over the top of the liner in between the liner and the underside of the hood. I searched for a cost for the hood liner from Ford but couldn't find it. If the Bullitt hood liner is reasonable, then swapping it would be preferable in my book.
Presumably the rubber on the edge of the heat shield would seal against the hood and prevent that.
Old 2/13/08, 06:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Ford Racing has part nos and Order info for the CAK which has the same air box as the Bullitt -- w/ Ford tune which is 50 state (CARB too). Available and shipping soon. Finally mine can be re-installed w/ the proper tune.
Old 2/14/08, 06:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by c25sailor
Ford Racing has part nos and Order info for the CAK which has the same air box as the Bullitt -- w/ Ford tune which is 50 state (CARB too). Available and shipping soon. Finally mine can be re-installed w/ the proper tune.
From Where? How Much?
Old 2/18/08, 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fixmejesus
From Where? How Much?
Ford Racing Part Number is M-9603-GTB
KC on this forum can probably get it for you.

Your Ford Dealer or anyone else who sells Ford Racing parts can get it too. Pricing will probably depend upon your source..
Old 3/14/08, 12:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Any idea of you can get just the intake with out the tuner, I'd like to get a tune from Bama but use this intake?

Quick Reply: The 08 Bullitt intake, everything you wanted to know and more, Dynotesting...