Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

WORST comparison EVER

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/08, 09:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would it take to make the Mustang more competitive (handling-wise) with that econo-box on steroids? Power-wise is a simple fix - slap a SC on it and you'll walk one. Handling is another story, I think.
Old 2/1/08, 12:56 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Its hard to beat AWD, you can come close with TCS and ESC as long as the AWD system is rudimentery (as in primitve or non-exsistant torque vectoring) otherwise there is no way a FWD/RWD car can compete which again reinforces the idea that this is such invalid comarison unless; A. you cant drive a car with any competence, in which case buy the **** Sube to minimize the danger to yourself and others, or B. Its all about winning. Otherwise its just a kiss *** add for Subaru.
Old 2/8/08, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, it's a stupid comparo cuz the Shelby GT is a stupid f-ing car. Huge price premium for a non noticeable increase in performance over a normal Mustang GT. Shelby should be ashamed of himself.
Old 2/9/08, 07:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Mumeye
who would spend that much on a subaru? I know I sure as heck wouldnt!!
Someone who wants a fast car and the ability to have AWD for adverse weather conditions.

Granted, I'd take a Shelby over and STI, but it as a car guy I have to respect the engineering of the Subie.

Also, the review wasn't that bad. While the STI scored higher, they did press upon the Shelby having better looks and being more fun to break loose, and melt the tires.

Plus it's just a review, if it doesn't appeal to you, who cares. No need to get mad.
Old 2/9/08, 07:16 PM
Cobra R Member

I agree with the Shelby GT being over rated. that is what ticks me off about the new Mustangs the only true bargain is the GT. I like the idea of the bullet but i'm not crazy about the looks. I love the GT500 but it is way to expensive for what you get. Corvette price without Corvette performance.

Though I dislike the STI's styling it is a fine car. I recently purchased a Subie Legacy (grown man's STI) its basically a slightly bigger car with much better looks tuned for luxury with the same turbo 4 as the STI. The build quality in these new Subies are top notch and are a blast to drive in the snow. Bottom line for us in the snow belt, get a subie for a daily driver use your stang as your toy I love Mustangs but don't pick on the Subaru until you drive one.
Old 2/10/08, 09:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
I agree with the Shelby GT being over rated. that is what ticks me off about the new Mustangs the only true bargain is the GT. I like the idea of the bullet but i'm not crazy about the looks. I love the GT500 but it is way to expensive for what you get. Corvette price without Corvette performance.

Though I dislike the STI's styling it is a fine car. I recently purchased a Subie Legacy (grown man's STI) its basically a slightly bigger car with much better looks tuned for luxury with the same turbo 4 as the STI. The build quality in these new Subies are top notch and are a blast to drive in the snow. Bottom line for us in the snow belt, get a subie for a daily driver use your stang as your toy I love Mustangs but don't pick on the Subaru until you drive one.
Those turbo 4's have good grunt. And the new Legacy's are definitely a classy looking car.

I agree regarding the Bullitt, however I've been warming up to them the more I see them.