Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Coyote vs Terminator

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/14, 07:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KushBandit
Cobra weighs about 3600lbs. A '11+ Mustang weighs about 3600lbs. Both cars have 390 ft./lbs. Tq. The Cobra has 390HP; Coyote has 420HP.

Both cars are essentially equal, except the coyote has 30 more HP.

Am I missing something?

You New Edge guys crack me up.
Originally Posted by bob
The Terminator has "390" horsepower on paper as there is a litany of stock terminator pulls putting down 360-370 at the wheels and with the IRS combined with the T56 a 15% loss through the drivetrain is plausible (that's about what a GT500 absorbs) with that combo so a stock Terminator really puts down around 420 horsepower.

As Al pointed out the manual and auto transmission GTs have much better gearing and that's your car's biggest advantage along with a slight advantage in rev limit.
KushBandit, maybe the majority of Americans are unsure of what walking means....

I took your story as a literal (in walking reference) movement from the other car.... as in your coyote slowly pulled on the cobra during the race.

You didn't say it blew the doors off the cobra (though, someone here said the cobra would "blow the doors off the [coyote]").
You didn't say you smoked it and left it in the dust.
You also didn't say the cobra is crap, all hail the coyote.

I just took your story as a story that is plausible. Why are people casting doubt?
Both are great cars that are, relatively, equal in performance (opinions null and void).

OP, great choice and if you would have picked the Cobra, great choice! Either/or.

Last edited by Krohn; 5/22/14 at 07:07 AM.
Old 5/24/14, 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohn

KushBandit, maybe the majority of Americans are unsure of what walking means....

I took your story as a literal (in walking reference) movement from the other car.... as in your coyote slowly pulled on the cobra during the race.

You didn't say it blew the doors off the cobra (though, someone here said the cobra would "blow the doors off the [coyote]").
You didn't say you smoked it and left it in the dust.
You also didn't say the cobra is crap, all hail the coyote.

I just took your story as a story that is plausible. Why are people casting doubt?
Both are great cars that are, relatively, equal in performance (opinions null and void).

OP, great choice and if you would have picked the Cobra, great choice! Either/or.
You nailed it.

Never once did I say my car "smoked" a Cobra(though DSG BadMach said the Cobra would smoke a fat new mustang, even though both cars weigh the same lol). My stock Coyote did slowly pull away from stock Cobras, and as you know, that's the definition of walking.

I understand the New Edge fans have pride in their cars, but I also think they have a little too much pride for the 4.6 motor. Almost anything that gets put against it is never good enough in their eyes. Not trying to flame anyone, but that's the feeling I got when lashed out at about my coyote beating the terminators.

Edit: wrong username quoted.

Last edited by KushBandit; 5/25/14 at 12:23 AM.
Old 5/24/14, 11:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KushBandit

You nailed it.

Never once did I say my car "smoked" a Cobra(though Mach1maniac said the Cobra would smoke a fat new mustang, even though both cars weigh the same lol). My stock Coyote did slowly pull away from stock Cobras, and as you know, that's the definition of walking.

I understand the New Edge fans have pride in their cars, but I also think they have a little too much pride for the 4.6 motor. Almost anything that gets put against it is never good enough in their eyes. Not trying to flame anyone, but that's the feeling I got when lashed out at about my coyote beating the terminators.
What a douche you are.

I never said that.
Go reread what was said, I simply said the terminator is a impressive piece of machinery to stay with the 5.0s the way they do, never did I say they would blow smoke a new mustang, you ***.
Old 5/24/14, 11:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Lordy Lordy, lot of heat up ITT.

I gotta say, I have a '14 GT on order and it was very hard to give up my two SN95s. Up until now, nothing beats that SN95 feel, nor the sound of a 4.6 with a good exhaust. It's just so mean and sexy. The coyote, at least on videos, just doesn't have the same tone. It's a lot more refined than the raspy, snarling 4.6. I hope I like the SW exhaust when I finally get it installed....
Old 5/25/14, 12:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mach1Maniac

What a douche you are.

I never said that.
Go reread what was said, I simply said the terminator is a impressive piece of machinery to stay with the 5.0s the way they do, never did I say they would blow smoke a new mustang, you ***.
My apologies, I meant to say it was "DSG Bad Mach" that said that. I'll edit my post to say his name.

Don't get so hostile kid.

Last edited by KushBandit; 5/25/14 at 12:27 AM.
Old 5/29/14, 04:06 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just to correct some misinformation here. The terminator puts out the same 420hp as the coyote. Fords rating of 390hp has been proven conservative by stock dynos that are over 360rwhp. Stock for stock the coyote is a better car but there is the x factor in owning a svt car that only a small portion of people own rather than a mass produced gt. For the money though you can't beat the cobra. Entry cost is cheaper and $1500 worth of mode puts you over 500rwhp
Old 6/2/14, 12:07 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Knight
Just to correct some misinformation here. The terminator puts out the same 420hp as the coyote. Fords rating of 390hp has been proven conservative by stock dynos that are over 360rwhp. Stock for stock the coyote is a better car but there is the x factor in owning a svt car that only a small portion of people own rather than a mass produced gt. For the money though you can't beat the cobra. Entry cost is cheaper and $1500 worth of mode puts you over 500rwhp
Plus you get that intoxicating whine and endless tourqe!