Which is Better All Car vs. Car Topics

Coyote vs Terminator

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/13, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
well, you get 420hp right out the box and a full warranty, plus u get to raise the car as your own rather that adopt a potential abused bastard child. Good choice
Old 8/29/13, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
well, you get 420hp right out the box and a full warranty, plus u get to raise the car as your own rather that adopt a potential abused bastard child. Good choice
Thanks! That's why I went back to my original plan of getting new. It's mine and only mine. Not that I think a 13000 mile Cobra was too abused. Especially with no mods. That car will make someone else very happy I'm sure. Two words Pony Lamps!
Old 9/4/13, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mustang5o
Thanks! That's why I went back to my original plan of getting new. It's mine and only mine. Not that I think a 13000 mile Cobra was too abused. Especially with no mods. That car will make someone else very happy I'm sure. Two words Pony Lamps!
I think you made a great choice!

As much as I love anything made by SVT, I think new GT was such a big step up this time that is was worth sacrificing the rarity. For the money, the new 5.0 is such a bargain!

I was having a hard time deciding between a used Terminator, Saleen or Roush, and I just can't say no to all that the 2014 GT TP has to offer. Warranties, amenities, 420+ N/A horsepower, safety, HIDs, Track Pack with Brembos, Recaros.... There really are so many pros!

Congratulations on making the decision though... that's the hardest part when you're buying a REAL car!
Old 9/12/13, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
For sure. The hard part become picking a color. Since I didn't like how the deck lid cover piece was black on all cars I went with black. I guess that ended up working out because then they found exactly what I wanted near by instead of ordering from Ford.

Now the upgrade bug has already hit me hard. Trying to figure what all I want to do over the next few months. I know I want to address wheel hop (UCA/LCA's) and the bouncy ride it has on some roads (new shocks and struts). I may just go ahead and do some springs as well to lower it a bit (likely Eibach, Steeda or FRPP). Then there's the shifter. GT500 exhaust and rear wing, some new wheels and likely a CAI/Tune. Oh fun, I'm about to spend another $5K on my new car . Minus anything I can get for the factory parts.
Old 9/18/13, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustang5o
For sure. The hard part become picking a color. Since I didn't like how the deck lid cover piece was black on all cars I went with black. I guess that ended up working out because then they found exactly what I wanted near by instead of ordering from Ford.

Now the upgrade bug has already hit me hard. Trying to figure what all I want to do over the next few months. I know I want to address wheel hop (UCA/LCA's) and the bouncy ride it has on some roads (new shocks and struts). I may just go ahead and do some springs as well to lower it a bit (likely Eibach, Steeda or FRPP). Then there's the shifter. GT500 exhaust and rear wing, some new wheels and likely a CAI/Tune. Oh fun, I'm about to spend another $5K on my new car . Minus anything I can get for the factory parts.
Since you bought the track pack, i'd probably leave the suspension alone for now.. No reason to buy suspension twice (since the track pack has upgraded suspension).
The GT500 quad exhaust is what i'd do.... after that... oh i have no idea! It's a blank (or black) canvas!
Old 10/7/13, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go with the termi, they are way more collectible than a gt will ever be! The mystic paint is awesome! I have an 04 mach 1 and it keeps right up to my brothers 14 gt with thee track pack! Those new ones are way to heavy and the termi would blow the doors off the gt! Just my .02
Old 3/20/14, 08:53 AM
V6 Member

I would buy the mysticchrome in a heartbeat
Old 4/25/14, 03:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DSG BAD MACH
I would go with the termi, they are way more collectible than a gt will ever be! The mystic paint is awesome! I have an 04 mach 1 and it keeps right up to my brothers 14 gt with thee track pack! Those new ones are way to heavy and the termi would blow the doors off the gt! Just my .02
Your Mach 1 keeps up with a '14 GT? You must have some serious mods. I've walked past terminators with my '11 GT, top end wise. Stock for stock, I believe the coyote is better.

Last edited by KushBandit; 4/25/14 at 03:56 AM.
Old 4/25/14, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit

Your Mach 1 keeps up with a '14 GT? You must have some serious mods. I've walked past terminators with my '11 GT, top end wise. Stock for stock, I believe the coyote is better.
Walked? They must have needed a driver mod.
Old 4/25/14, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mach1Maniac

Stock for stock, both cars run mid to high 12s. Driver mod? Ive walked every stock terminator I've raced, they can't all be bad drivers. I think you just have a little too much pride for early 2000 mustangs .
Old 4/25/14, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I just know the capabilities of the terminator. Not saying a stock termi would beat a 5.0, but for 10 years it stays with it. The right mods and bye bye 5.0

You must be driving against sloppy drivers.

I love watching videos of the terminator racing.
As soon as it hits 3rd it just pulls away lol.

Old 4/25/14, 01:29 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm wondering where you found a bone stock terminator with a driver willing to race? Much less various stock terminators to race. I'm pretty sure the 11-14 5.0L will beat a stock terminator but I'm still calling BS on the story.
Old 4/25/14, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I just know the capabilities of the terminator. Not saying a stock termi would beat a 5.0, but for 10 years it stays with it. The right mods and bye bye 5.0

You must be driving against sloppy drivers.

I love watching videos of the terminator racing.
As soon as it hits 3rd it just pulls away lol.

Video Link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vdNaN-Dqy9o

Video Link: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bMZoDsv-tBQ
That's exactly what I was saying. Stock for stock. I'm not knocking the Terminators, but to say that it's better than the Coyote is ignorant. You can build anything to be fast, you know that. I will say the Terminator is a better platform if you're on a budget and want more power, but put a blower on the Coyote and see what happens.

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I'm wondering where you found a bone stock terminator with a driver willing to race? Much less various stock terminators to race. I'm pretty sure the 11-14 5.0L will beat a stock terminator but I'm still calling BS on the story.

I find them here in Southern California all the time. I've met a dozen 03-04 Cobra owners that are stock. I've also met a few that were totally radical and had probably 500whp. Vehicle emission laws here are pretty ****ed up and restricting. You can believe what you want, I was there.
Old 4/25/14, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

That's exactly what I was saying. Stock for stock. I'm not knocking the Terminators, but to say that it's better than the Coyote is ignorant. You can build anything to be fast, you know that. I will say the Terminator is a better platform if you're on a budget and want more power, but put a blower on the Coyote and see what happens.

I find them here in Southern California all the time. I've met a dozen 03-04 Cobra owners that are stock. I've also met a few that were totally radical and had probably 500whp. Vehicle emission laws here are pretty ****ed up and restricting. You can believe what you want, I was there.
You must have simply misunderstood me, I never said the terminator was better than the coyote. I was just giving my opinion on the cobras capabilities to keep up with a car that's 10 years newer and refined.

Now I may be a bit more partial to the cobra.. But I love both cars and hope to eventually own both.

But even if I said it was better than a coyote, maybe some would agree in terms of its price range, capability, and especially it's rarity and resell value if not heavily modded.

And you're right I do love the new edges, been my favorite era by far. To me it has better lines, looks mean and the cobra hood and front and rear bumper are just sexy.

I just find it hard that you're walking cobras....
Old 4/25/14, 03:27 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
If I had a motor choice between the SVT 4V and the coyote, the terminator motor would still be my choice. Those forged motors just hold up to mods and abuse so much better. Not to mention that sorry manual transmission you have. But drag racing, the new GT is set up way better. All out thrill of driving, the terminator kills the new GT though. So the faster more stable platform kills a lot of the fun factor. And of course, the terminator looks so much better also.
Old 4/25/14, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
If I had a motor choice between the SVT 4V and the coyote, the terminator motor would still be my choice. Those forged motors just hold up to mods and abuse so much better. Not to mention that sorry manual transmission you have. But drag racing, the new GT is set up way better. All out thrill of driving, the terminator kills the new GT though. So the faster more stable platform kills a lot of the fun factor. And of course, the terminator looks so much better also.
Agreed.
Old 4/25/14, 10:55 PM
Bullitt Member

You must have simply misunderstood me, I never said the terminator was better than the coyote. I was just giving my opinion on the cobras capabilities to keep up with a car that's 10 years newer and refined.

Now I may be a bit more partial to the cobra.. But I love both cars and hope to eventually own both.

But even if I said it was better than a coyote, maybe some would agree in terms of its price range, capability, and especially it's rarity and resell value if not heavily modded.

And you're right I do love the new edges, been my favorite era by far. To me it has better lines, looks mean and the cobra hood and front and rear bumper are just sexy.

I just find it hard that you're walking cobras....

Ahhh, that must be it. I misunderstood your post.

I agree fully that its a better buy for things like resale and rarity. The new 5.0s will depreciate just like any other GT from years past, but the Cobras are still fetching 18-22K(from what I've seen).

As far as walking Terminators, I don't see how it's hard for you guys to imagine. From 80mph to 140mph, I put 2 1/2 car lengths on a stock Termi with my stock Coyote. That's happened twice....down in Mexico of course. Perhaps that isn't enough to consider "walking" someone, but thats the term I use. The Termi simply doesn't have the top end. Put them both on the street and I'm sure the Cobras low-end torque will rip apart the Coyote. Again, this is stock cars, not even tuned.

I will say that the Termi is probably one of the best sounding motors out there, IMO. It was also way ahead of its time in 2003, IMO. I remember I was about 12 years old when I saw a '03-'04 Cobra in Las Vegas, and the sound when the driver punched it still haunts me. You're totally right, that Cobra hood and bumper are sexy as all hell.

No hard feelings with disagreeing I hope.

Last edited by KushBandit; 5/25/14 at 12:25 AM.
Old 5/17/14, 10:44 PM
GT Member

This^
Old 5/18/14, 03:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Vader99

This^
Cobra weighs about 3600lbs. A '11+ Mustang weighs about 3600lbs. Both cars have 390 ft./lbs. Tq. The Cobra has 390HP; Coyote has 420HP.

Both cars are essentially equal, except the coyote has 30 more HP.

Am I missing something?

You New Edge guys crack me up.
Old 5/18/14, 08:38 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Cobra weighs about 3600lbs. A '11+ Mustang weighs about 3600lbs. Both cars have 390 ft./lbs. Tq. The Cobra has 390HP; Coyote has 420HP.

Both cars are essentially equal, except the coyote has 30 more HP.

Am I missing something?

You New Edge guys crack me up.

The Terminator has "390" horsepower on paper as there is a litany of stock terminator pulls putting down 360-370 at the wheels and with the IRS combined with the T56 a 15% loss through the drivetrain is plausible (that's about what a GT500 absorbs) with that combo so a stock Terminator really puts down around 420 horsepower.

As Al pointed out the manual and auto transmission GTs have much better gearing and that's your car's biggest advantage along with a slight advantage in rev limit.

Quick Reply: Coyote vs Terminator