From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Locating an 08 with Premier Trim package

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/07, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Locating an 08 with Premier Trim package

Some may ahve seen my thread on the other forum, but in case, I'll post a thumbnail of my issue. I ordered an 08 Mustang GT that was fairly loaded. Specifically, I ordered a black on black premium GT with manual transmission and, among other things, IUP, Comfort Package, and Premier Trim. I did NOT order nor want ambient lighting.

ViperPilot over at blueoval forums pulled my window sticker Thursday night and the window sticker does not reflect the Premier Trim, but DOES reflect ambient lighting. The dealer is adamant that they ordered it correctly. They have verified however that it was NOT built asI ordered it. I REALLY want the Premier Trim.

So, they tell me they can reorder with there next allocation and can have the new one here in 5 weeks, but my current lease will be up before then. I have run some searchs to see if there might be one sitting on the lot with the options I want, but I can't find (and neither can my dealer) locate an 08 GT with Premier Trim anywhere in either Arizona or Nevada. Given the number of GT's already on lots, I find this very strange. Can anyone in the know tell me if they aren't currently making the Premier Trim for some reason?

On a related note, can any of the sales guys here tell me if there is a car within a reasonable distance of Phoenix, AZ that comes close to the following options (color is negotiable):

3.55 Rear Axle, Interior Upgrade Package, Antitheft, HID Headlights, Premier Trim, 18" Wheels (Premium), Comfort Group, All-Weather Floormats, Trip Tunes, Cargo net, MobileEase Handsfree

Any help or information is appreciated
Old 8/25/07, 10:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered a premier trim 08 and my DORA has it listed. I haven't seen any on lots with it. I don't think it's put on the lot cars much for some reason. It seems like it would be a sought after option.

I don't have a window sticker yet. When I priced the car, the "fake order" had it left off but I corrected the salesman when I went in to place the order.
Old 8/25/07, 10:24 PM

I just checked a bunch of dealerships in California and there are several over there. Must have just been a screw up and plain bad luck now.
Old 8/27/07, 08:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Jimmie, send me your window label in pdf form via a PM. I can do a nationwide search later today to see what I can find for ya.
Old 8/31/07, 12:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
wth? I have over a dozen 08 GT's with PTP and comfort group already on the lot with at least 20 more being built now. All but a few have HID's and most are spoiler delete cars. We try to order just about every 'well equipped' GT with both options, and a bunch of more basic models to keep the cost down and/or customize. I can't believe they got it so wrong. We order just about every premium with PTP now.

I have in manual coupes: 2 black with red PTP, 3 vapors with black PTP, 2 candy's with red PTP, and we had 2 alloys and 2 vistas but they were already sold...All have hids, fanblades, and spoiler deletes...Unfortunately the other store ordered most of them without 3:55's although I have at least as many with them on order...It ain't that hard to get.
Old 8/31/07, 07:28 AM

Yeah, I can't understand it either. The salesmanager finally confessed that the inventory manager used an earlier quote (I had actually gotten a quote for the car as built for comparison purposes about two weeks earlier). When I finally dcided to order, I sat down with the sales manager and went over the changes between the original quote and the order, but apparently the inventory manager who actually put the order in wasn't paying attention.

I'm actually more astounded at the lack of PTP in the area. When I do dealer searches over in California, I see bunches. When I go up to Colorado, I see one or two. But there is nothing in AZ. Unfortunately, even if I were to go to Cali or Colorado, none of them are exactly what I want either.

In the end, I'm just going to take the car as built. My dealer has given me a further discount (I'm paying straight invoice) and is throwing in the tint and a short throw shifter for free. Not perfect, but it works. Now if we could just get it here. Tracking courtesy of Viperpilot shows that it was gate released on 8/17, but no on can tell me anything beyond that. I called the CRC and they tell me (as VP has) that it has not shipped yet. I can only presume it's taking time due to the ship thru the VPC for the MobileEase and TripTunes.