From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

FMC Dealer Website

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/08, 06:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FMC Dealer Website

For the attention of sales people who order Mustang online:

When you order a Mustang online on www.FMCdealer.com, what status is immediately shown on in front of the order before receiving the VIN number?

Also, does this status: "Order Received" means that the order is accepted by Ford and waiting assignment if VIN and production schedule?

This is the message shown ony my order placed to Ford on 03-March and no VIN received yet . However the sales man at my dealer is optimistic about the order and mentining that we hear good news from Ford within 10 days or so..

Any input from you guys???

Really getting tired of waiting!!!
Old 4/3/08, 08:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hani
For the attention of sales people who order Mustang online:

When you order a Mustang online on www.FMCdealer.com, what status is immediately shown on in front of the order before receiving the VIN number?

Also, does this status: "Order Received" means that the order is accepted by Ford and waiting assignment if VIN and production schedule?

This is the message shown ony my order placed to Ford on 03-March and no VIN received yet . However the sales man at my dealer is optimistic about the order and mentining that we hear good news from Ford within 10 days or so..

Any input from you guys???

Really getting tired of waiting!!!
Hani, the list of notations for an order are several. When the order is just sitting in the bank, it says "clean/unsch". This means its not been serialized yet. When the factory previews the car on a Thursday evening, in preparation for a VIN number, it would say "prev/SI", or something to that effect (I'm at home and can't look at the list). This means the next day or two, you will get a VIN number. A few days later, a "Build Date" is given and its listed as a "week of" date. Then the order next will say "Scheduled", which means its going to be built soon. Once the order says "Bucked" no changed can be made, as the car is getting built VERY shortly (a few days). When they say its getting previewed, you will get a VIN number and a build date will come shortly thereafter. Hope this helps Hani.
Old 4/3/08, 09:32 AM
GT Member

Helpful as usual Jeff...

I saw the screen at the dealer when he accessed the order and the note in front of it was: "Order Received".. I do not get it now???!!!

When you mention "Bucked", does it mean that you can change/add any option to thcar after receiving the VIN?
Old 4/3/08, 01:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hani
Helpful as usual Jeff...

I saw the screen at the dealer when he accessed the order and the note in front of it was: "Order Received".. I do not get it now???!!!

When you mention "Bucked", does it mean that you can change/add any option to thcar after receiving the VIN?
Actually, when the word "bucked" is visable, no changes are allowed. They are getting all the parts ready for assembly. "scheduled" means you can still make changes to an order.
Old 4/12/08, 09:24 AM
GT Member

Order Confirmed!!!

I called my delaer today and car is serialized... mind at rest now

It is scheduled for April production (as 2008 model) and probably for May shipment.. expected in here late June or during July..

Thanks to the guys who provided me with information about ordering details:
05fordgt
Five Oh Brian
jeffvistagtcs

Now.. waiting to put my hands on it

Last edited by Hani; 4/12/08 at 09:25 AM.
Old 4/14/08, 09:37 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hani - good news for you! Glad to hear that you'll be getting your Mustang as a 2008, and not have to wait for an '09!

Now you can start buying any mods for your car, so you can have them piled up and waiting for you car's arrival!
Old 4/14/08, 01:53 PM
GT Member

Thanks again Brian..

This is the question.. to mod or not? I think in the 1st year, I will keep it stock

On the other hand, I having my old cars under restoration, so the wallet is already hurt

1978 Oldsmobile Omega:

1998 Fiat Coupè: