From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Commodity Issues

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/05, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been C/U for 9 weeks now. I finally called my dealer and said what's up. He said that I sort of have a pefect storm, as I ordered a Vista Blue GT with side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades.

He said that the side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades are in short supply, and I would probably get a build date next week if I delete the side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades and go with 17" wheels, no side air bags, and an automatic transmission.

WTF, over? Is this true?
Old 9/4/05, 05:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mffarrell@September 4, 2005, 4:42 PM
I have been C/U for 9 weeks now. I finally called my dealer and said what's up. He said that I sort of have a pefect storm, as I ordered a Vista Blue GT with side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades.

He said that the side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades are in short supply, and I would probably get a build date next week if I delete the side air bags, 5 speed manual, and 18" fan blades and go with 17" wheels, no side air bags, and an automatic transmission.

WTF, over? Is this true?
Each region has their own commodity issues which I will never understand. In the Chicago region, there are no side air bag issues that I know of, the manual trans and 64E wheels are at a 25-35% mix each week so while not on hold, it makes it a little harder to get scheduled if you have a combination of short supply options.
Old 9/4/05, 08:40 PM

I ordered on 7/7/05 also and I am still clean and unscheduled also. I ordered a 06 Satin Silver GT 5 SPD MANUAL w/IUP Active Anti Theft and Side Airbags, along with the standard bullit rims. I also went to my dealer looking for my car but he didnt tell me that they were short on certain options instead he told me that they were for some reason building Automatic GT's first. I find this a little odd since there are already many stick 06's out there. Im in NY, does anybody know if this could be true or are there any shortages in manuals here or is my dealer just full of it? :bang:
Old 9/5/05, 07:40 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Bumrush582@September 4, 2005, 8:43 PM
I ordered on 7/7/05 also and I am still clean and unscheduled also. I ordered a 06 Satin Silver GT 5 SPD MANUAL w/IUP Active Anti Theft and Side Airbags, along with the standard bullit rims. I also went to my dealer looking for my car but he didnt tell me that they were short on certain options instead he told me that they were for some reason building Automatic GT's first. I find this a little odd since there are already many stick 06's out there. Im in NY, does anybody know if this could be true or are there any shortages in manuals here or is my dealer just full of it? :bang:

I have no way of checking the commodities for another region. Nationally total GT as well as manual trans is a controlled commodity so they will take a little longer. So in a way he is right, it is easier to get an auto GT built. The 64E wheels are also on short supply.