From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Build Dates

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/05, 01:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
I have an '06 ordered (see sig). I have my DORA and my VIN now.

Originally as of July1 my build date was week of 8/22. It changed to 8/8 about a week after that, and has now changed to 8/15.

I'm not displeased with these dates, mind you - no complaining here! But I am curious as to what might cause it to shift around like that. Is it a common occurence? Might the dealer be monkeying around with priority #'s? Or is this probably simply an AAI issue?

Thanks for your feedback and contributions to The Mustang Source. Your time and efforts are very much appreciated!
Old 7/21/05, 02:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Paris MkVI@July 21, 2005, 1:56 PM
I have an '06 ordered (see sig). I have my DORA and my VIN now.

Originally as of July1 my build date was week of 8/22. It changed to 8/8 about a week after that, and has now changed to 8/15.

I'm not displeased with these dates, mind you - no complaining here! But I am curious as to what might cause it to shift around like that. Is it a common occurence? Might the dealer be monkeying around with priority #'s? Or is this probably simply an AAI issue?

Thanks for your feedback and contributions to The Mustang Source. Your time and efforts are very much appreciated!
Once a vehicle is scheduled, the dealer is out of the loop with regards to dates, etc.
Normally it is the plant that changes scheduled dates due to commodity avaialbility so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Once scheduled the priority number is just about useless.