From The Ford Salesman News and information directly from Ford dealers across the country. Also find a trusty dealership near you
Ford Salesmen Post Your Contact Info Here

Austin dealers?

Old 6/3/06, 06:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Austin dealers?

I'm looking to order an '07 GT. Anyone know a good dealer in Austin who will order what I want, and accept X-Plan?

Thanks
Old 6/5/06, 01:16 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine from Lief Johnson , but I paid sticker. Ordered and came in about 4-5 weeks. You may have heck getting a X-plan out of Austin.
Old 7/5/06, 10:20 AM

Did you find a dealer yet? I've bought five new Fords over the last 15 years from the same guy, and my family and in-laws have easily bought two or three times that many. He went to UT with my brother-in-law and is now the General Manager at Bay City Ford down on the coast. His name's Curtis Markland and his mom, Evelyn, does the actual sales. They sold me my '05 GT for WAAAAAY under invoice.....I regularly see them used for a couple thou more than I paid for mine new. They both used to be at McMorriss/Maxwell, but moved down to Bay City a couple years ago. It might be worth a tow-hour blast down 183 to make a great deal. They're the greatest folks.....a real pleasure to work with.

Their webpage is Bay City Ford

Tell them Mark sent you!
Old 7/18/06, 12:46 AM
GT Member

I ended up talking to Maxwell Ford (3rd dealer I've gone to) here in Austin on the 3rd, and they got my order in to Ford on the 5th. Thanks for the info though, if any problems happen here, I'll definitely consider it. Not willing to give money to a dealership that isn't willing to work with me.

The sales guy at Leif seemed friendly and even let me test drive an existing GT, but they were pressuring me too much on their existing 2006 cars. I tried to make it clear that I wanted to order and have a car exactly the way I wanted, so I moved on.

Covert Ford was the second dealership I tried. Sales guy was again very friendly, but his sales manager just wasn't willing to figure out why my order hadn't gotten to Ford in over two weeks. I told them point blank that they just didn't seem interested into researching the problem until after I prodded them. If I need to prod them to give them money, how much prodding will be needed later if the car needs service?