Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Storing my Stang for the Winter

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/05 | 05:22 PM
GT Member

It's a sad day, but I plan on storing my stang for the winter and bring out the gas hog truck!

Do you guys have any tips on storing a car over the winter? If somebody has a step by step routine they usually stick to that they'd be willing to share that would be awesome!!

thanks in advance!!
Old 9/29/05 | 06:57 AM
Cobra Member

Do your best clean up.

Add a few more pounds of air to tires.

Fill fuel tank and add recommended amount of Stabil.

Place car for storage.

Disconect the battery.

Remove antenna.

Cover up, a car bag for about $239. works great.

See ya in the late spring.
Old 9/29/05 | 05:13 PM
GT Member

IMO....Unless your storing your car in a heated garage, I would recommend removing the battery from the car, if the battery would lose it's charge,(for whatever reason) it will actullaly freeze, which will cause the case to crack and when it thaws, acid leaks everywhere, not to mention your battery is definitley toast.
Old 10/6/05 | 10:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hello!

Any tips for those that have to drive their beloved Mustang in the winter? I too had planned on storing mine over the winter but my Sable was totalled in an accident back in May. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jon
Old 10/6/05 | 04:30 PM
GT Member

Hey Jon,
I wont be driving my girl in the winter, but as with any decent vehicle driven in the winter months ...keep the salt off as much as possible (this includes door jams, thourghly spraying your wheel wells where salt loves to sit, etc,etc) take your nice floormats out and buy some rubber floor mats with the nice high ridge to hold in all the water and grime so it does'nt flow onto your carpet. When the weathers bad, keep plenty of distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you to avoid the flying salt and cinders. Hope this helps ya a little, good luck.
Old 10/17/05 | 01:28 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Ren 89@October 6, 2005, 6:33 PM
Hey Jon,
I wont be driving my girl in the winter, but as with any decent vehicle driven in the winter months ...keep the salt off as much as possible (this includes door jams, thourghly spraying your wheel wells where salt loves to sit, etc,etc) take your nice floormats out and buy some rubber floor mats with the nice high ridge to hold in all the water and grime so it does'nt flow onto your carpet. When the weathers bad, keep plenty of distance between you and the vehicle ahead of you to avoid the flying salt and cinders. Hope this helps ya a little, good luck.

Won't spraying the car off freeze the doors shut? I was wondering also how to keep the nasties off of our car for the winter as well and thought that if we sprayed it off the doors would freeze shut.
-Marci