Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Pup needs help with fogging glass...

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/06, 03:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pup needs help with fogging glass...

OK, I'm a huge fan of Rain-X for the exterior. Heck, who isn't. Stuff works great. Based on that alone, I saw where they had a product for the interior glass that would take care of fogging. So I picked up a bottle at AutoZone for $3.99.

Maybe I put it on a little too think. Maybe I didn't. But I've been fighting 'ghosts' now for about a week. Yes, I went back over it with water, but the results are 'iffy' at best.

Can anyone out there recommend an anti-fogging product for interior glass that is fool-proof. I'm not married to Rain-X.

Anyone? THANKS!
Old 8/9/06, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kick on the A/C for a few seconds and it will get rid of interior fogging. Temperature can be left on hot, you just need the A/C unit to dehumidify the air for you.
Old 8/9/06, 03:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by shatter
Kick on the A/C for a few seconds and it will get rid of interior fogging. Temperature can be left on hot, you just need the A/C unit to dehumidify the air for you.
The A/C compressor automatically kicks in when the Defroster is used on these cars. I don't think that is what he was after anyway.
I have no experience with anti-fogging products or I would give you an opinion
Old 8/9/06, 04:53 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Honestly the best thing i've done for keeping fog down is just keep the glass super clean. Dont use any other products on it. Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner 19 oz is all i use. Spray it on the glass, then use crumbled up newspaper to scrub it. Its abrasive enough to remove any dirt and oil, but doesnt scratch. Then I spray a bit more on the glass and use clean un-used shop rags or towels to clean it again. Works great for me.
Old 8/10/06, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pitpup
OK, I'm a huge fan of Rain-X for the exterior.
Stan, this is your problem. Once you use Rain-X on glass, you can't get them 100% clean again. Heck, you can't even adequately wash your windows because the water beads up and runs off it. Its the Armor All of window treatment...
Old 8/10/06, 07:57 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
Honestly the best thing i've done for keeping fog down is just keep the glass super clean. Dont use any other products on it. Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner 19 oz is all i use. Spray it on the glass, then use crumbled up newspaper to scrub it. Its abrasive enough to remove any dirt and oil, but doesnt scratch. Then I spray a bit more on the glass and use clean un-used shop rags or towels to clean it again. Works great for me.
Thanks, Scot. Worth a shot!
Old 8/10/06, 07:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Stan, this is your problem. Once you use Rain-X on glass, you can't get them 100% clean again. Heck, you can't even adequately wash your windows because the water beads up and runs off it. Its the Armor All of window treatment...
Don't get me wrong. I love Rain-X for the EXTERIOR. It's the inside I'm having problems with. No matter how hard I scrub, I get fog...
Old 8/10/06, 09:18 AM
Cobra R Member

yeah stan, i am a huge suppoerter of stoner invisible glass. give it a shot. you will be surprised how well old newspaper works.
Old 8/11/06, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Have u gotten it taken care of?
Old 8/11/06, 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't know if he did yet, but I picked some of the Stoners today and will give it a try at a car show tomorrow.
Old 8/11/06, 09:40 PM
Cobra Member

I bought the Stoners on Thursday. I'll be cleaning the car tomorrow (Saturday). Gotta lotta newspapers. Will let you know!
Old 8/15/06, 01:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Tooth paste I use it in my diving make always smear it on and rinse it away and my mask stays clear ! I have never tried it on the car and with the fan on it clears fast enough. like Scott said keeping it clean is best , every third day urrrg.
Old 9/1/06, 11:27 PM
Bullitt Member

I hate to resurrect this post since Stan has left, but wanted to give thanks to Scothew and others who recommended Stoners. The stuff works and works better than anything else I have ever used.
Old 9/5/06, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

Does it work well on the inside at preventing the fogging? Also, is it safe for tint film? I use it on the outside, and the only thing I've found close is the Zaino stuff that leaves you with what appears to be a kilo of coke on the car when you're done.
Old 9/5/06, 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Infinity
Does it work well on the inside at preventing the fogging? Also, is it safe for tint film? I use it on the outside, and the only thing I've found close is the Zaino stuff that leaves you with what appears to be a kilo of coke on the car when you're done.
The spray can states that it is safe for window tint. I cannot speak for the liquid. I have had mixed results with it. It seems that if I use a diaper cloth to spread it with and another one for making sure that it doesn't dry on, the windows are much cleaner than say if I were to use a paper towel.
Old 9/5/06, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I have only used the aerosol so far ... worked great on the tint also. I have not noticed any fogging ... yet. I bought the pump this past weekend, but have not tried it yet, I will post up when I do.