Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Mr. Clean Autowash system? Who has one?

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/05 | 07:22 AM
GT Member

I bought one after Ghost and a few others started raving about it, and I've had nothing but good luck with it.

I did buy the Pro set-up, but only because it has the case, so storing it in an upright position to drain, or toting it in the trunk is a snap.

I get the whole car wet, then soap/scrub/rinse each section, then use the de-ionized spray to final rinse the whole car. I chase a few cracks and crevices with a drying towel, buff the jams and trunk/hood edges, and I'm done. The oily film is weird. It might be a bad filter, like Tread suggested, or an oily wash mitt/bad bottle of soap. Mine rinses totally clean even before the de-ionized rinse for spot free drying.

I've been keeping my Intrepid clean to get back in practice for the Mustang, and even started using Mequire's NXT liquid on it. I had my dealer look a the car for trade-in value, and they were going to give me $4500, so I went to Car Max to compare. Car Max offered me 7k for it, since it looked good and had 36k mi on it. Blue Book trade is under 6, so I jumped at their offer. Now I'm on foot until Ford delivers.

Maybe I'll use Mr. Clean on myself, the dog and my boys...I'll bet the wife would like the lot of us better if we didn't stink so much.
Old 8/22/05 | 03:00 PM

Has anybody used the zaino car wash in the Mr Clean unit? If so, any tips?
Old 8/24/05 | 08:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

I bought one a couple weeks ago due to recommendations from guys here. The results have been just about amazing. Great product
Old 8/27/05 | 01:06 PM
V6 Member

Good comments, but how does this compare to a coin operated wash? I get great results in about 10-15 minutes and spend about $3.

I've been considering the Mr. Clean system but it seems like all the soap, filters, and the cost of the system don't seem that much better or perhaps even costlier than regular quick jaunts to the coin operated wash.
Old 8/27/05 | 05:30 PM

Originally posted by Caballo@August 27, 2005, 12:09 PM
Good comments, but how does this compare to a coin operated wash? I get great results in about 10-15 minutes and spend about $3.

I've been considering the Mr. Clean system but it seems like all the soap, filters, and the cost of the system don't seem that much better or perhaps even costlier than regular quick jaunts to the coin operated wash.
I rather enjoy washing my car and I also take my time looking for bug or tar spots and giving them extra attention. For me the coin operated car wash requires you to run around the car too fast as you fight the timer. But that is just me, car crazy.
Old 8/27/05 | 09:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I am still totally unimpressed with this product, it now sits on the shelf as a garage ornament, more bother than its worth...JMO:notnice:
Old 9/6/05 | 06:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I use the Mr. Clean car wash system, but I rarely use the filter. The water comes out soooo slowly... I just use a California water blade to get the excess water off, which is faster than trying to rinse the whole car with the filter. A little chamois in the hard-to-reach spots, and I'm done.

I like it because I don't need to lug a bucket around, and I'm always using fresh water during the wash.