Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Mr. Clean Autowash system? Who has one?

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/05 | 06:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs up

How do you like it and I saw it at Wal-Mart and the system is $34.00 but what about replacement filters and such, they were out. How much is it and how long do they last? Do you still dry the car by driving it or using a towel or does it really come up fine beads that require no drying?

Thanks Scott.
Old 5/29/05 | 06:42 PM

I have one and as you can see I also own a black GT. I love it the soap last longer than you think it will and the filters we change out about every 15 or so washes depending on how bad the water is in your area. My wife LOVES it she has a Xterra and it leaves 0 water marks even on the windows. Just for safety on my stang I still lightly dry and then spray a lil detailer in some areas but remember I do have a black stang and will show more than your Redfire stang
Old 5/29/05 | 06:44 PM

keeps her nice and clean ...and keeps away those nasty water spots

Old 5/29/05 | 06:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I must have gotten a defective one, mine didn't work at all. I am in the process in getting my money back.
I used it twice, and followed instructions to the letter.
Old 5/29/05 | 06:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

What about the Mr. Clean pro series? I have heard of it but have not seen it in the store?
Old 5/29/05 | 08:07 PM

as far as I know the Pro I believe is a slightly more enhanced version of the original like it sprays the soap harder etc.
Like I posted my wife loves it on her Xterra she doesnt dry hers at all and gets minimal spots if any. Now I am a little more picky with my Black GT so I still go over a few spots.
Old 5/29/05 | 09:53 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Have it. Use it, Adore it.
Mr. Clean Rocks.
Nothing else compares!
Old 5/30/05 | 07:58 AM
Bullitt Member

I used it once, didn't like it and returned it to Target. Just my experience.
Old 5/30/05 | 09:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I used the new Armorall gels last time- they blew.
Left streaks all over my car.
Good thing its raining, I can correct that mistake with my Mr. Clean.
Old 5/30/05 | 11:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

I don't have one yet but I've heard nothing but positive reviews of it. It will work especially nicely if you have hard water in your area like I do!

Can't wash my car yet, still waiting for the paint to cure so I can wash and wax it. So for now its in my dads garage staying squaky clean. I just dust her off every weekend with my Cali Duster.
Old 5/30/05 | 02:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@May 30, 2005, 11:10 AM
I don't have one yet but I've heard nothing but positive reviews of it. It will work especially nicely if you have hard water in your area like I do!

Can't wash my car yet, still waiting for the paint to cure so I can wash and wax it. So for now its in my dads garage staying squaky clean. I just dust her off every weekend with my Cali Duster.

waiting for the paint to cure?? It is baked on from the factory and you can wash and wax it ASAP.
Old 6/1/05 | 07:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 29, 2005, 9:56 PM
Have it. Use it, Adore it.
Mr. Clean Rocks.
Nothing else compares!
only one peronon may compare ?
Old 6/1/05 | 11:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by stangscuba98a@May 30, 2005, 4:21 PM
waiting for the paint to cure?? It is baked on from the factory and you can wash and wax it ASAP.

I had it fixed about a month ago. They had to repaint the whole rear drivers quarter panel. They said to wait 60 to 90 days before waxing so I guess I will
Old 6/6/05 | 08:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just used the Mr. Clean system. Worked great!! I'm so used to using a ton of soap so this felt a little different having an equal amount distributed on the vehicle. I felt like I was rushing washing it but found that the mr. clean system just save a ton of time. The car almost looked as if I had waxed it!
Old 6/6/05 | 10:43 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I bought one myself this past weekend. I was thoroughly impressed that there were no water spots.

It was so easy, too. No soap bucket to mess with...just point and spray.

I didn't bother to check the prices on the filter or Mr. Clean's special soap. Anybody use soap other than Mr. Clean's in the gun yet? Any issues if you did?
Old 6/6/05 | 11:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

It says you shouldn't use any other soap. I don't know if thats just a marketing ploy or not. As for the refills they were about $6 for a 10 use filter and $5 for a bottle of soap. Not too shabby for no spots huh? Did it seem to go faster for you as well. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed if it makes washing quicker. It took me about 45-50 mins compared to my usual 1 hour
Old 6/6/05 | 12:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@June 6, 2005, 11:38 AM
It says you shouldn't use any other soap. I don't know if thats just a marketing ploy or not. As for the refills they were about $6 for a 10 use filter and $5 for a bottle of soap. Not too shabby for no spots huh? Did it seem to go faster for you as well. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed if it makes washing quicker. It took me about 45-50 mins compared to my usual 1 hour
Ya...don't know if that's a marketing ploy or not, hence me asking.

It did seem to go quicker. No stooping to get the rag wet...or maybe it was just more fun with the uber-water gun. I did notice the "rinse" mode didn't seem to have as much pressure as my regular sprayer, so I had to switch guns while washing the wife's car to get some mud off.
Old 6/6/05 | 12:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by GhostTX@June 6, 2005, 2:08 PM
Ya...don't know if that's a marketing ploy or not, hence me asking.

It did seem to go quicker. No stooping to get the rag wet...or maybe it was just more fun with the uber-water gun. I did notice the "rinse" mode didn't seem to have as much pressure as my regular sprayer, so I had to switch guns while washing the wife's car to get some mud off.
Glad to hear it wasn't only me I don't think that I would try another soap in it though. Now that I think about it, the Mr. Clean soap is a lot thinner. They also say on the site that it helps with the drying process. They say say that the soap when mixed with water has a pH balance of 6-8 which is almost nuetral. Its a pH of 5 by itself. I don't know what other car soaps pH's are comparatively.
Old 6/7/05 | 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical so I decided to go the old fashioned route. Perhaps if I get tired of doing things the manual way I'll pick up Mr. Clean.
Old 6/7/05 | 12:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Stadifer@June 7, 2005, 1:16 PM
I have to admit I was a bit skeptical so I decided to go the old fashioned route. Perhaps if I get tired of doing things the manual way I'll pick up Mr. Clean.
Don't worry I'm just as skeptical as you are. I didn't believe it would work either. The only reason I tried it was that a lot of people on the site were recommending it and its not like it will hurt the paint at all so I went for it.

As for the manual thing, it still is pretty much the same manual work its just that instead of dipping your sponge in dirty water the soap is applied directly from the gun, that and it has the special water filter that filtrates the hose water which can also me dirty too.

I still went over some spots with wet (damp) chamois just out of nature. It doesn't dry perfectly by itslef but pretty darn close. The chamois just picked up excess water in the hood scoop and the doors.

I would just get the lower priced version for like $18 and give it a whirl. If you don't like it, send it back and they'll refund your money. The pro-series is a waste of money IMO though.

Quick Reply: Mr. Clean Autowash system? Who has one?