Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

I need advice for window cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/16, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
I use stoners window cleaner with MF towels. Spray the MF instead of the window. No over spray that way. Clean everything as well as I can after that I go back over everything with a fresh clean MF.

Personally I did not have much success with Stoners. Maybe its cause I am one myself
Old 9/16/16, 01:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've used "Sprayway" aerosol window cleaner I have found at O'Reilly's. Very good with no streaking. The foam is very thick and doesn't run as much as a spray-on cleaner. I prefer to use a microfiber cloth instead of paper towels because of the lint issue.

My problem is that my car is new, and the chemicals that are still leeching out of the interior materials (mainly the plastics) fog up the windows with a greasy film in just a few days, especially if the car is outside and the interior is warm. Hopefully this will decrease as the chemicals slowly evaporate. It sure seems worse in this car than in other new cars I've owned.
Old 9/16/16, 01:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by PTParks
My problem is that my car is new, and the chemicals that are still leeching out of the interior materials (mainly the plastics) fog up the windows with a greasy film in just a few days, especially if the car is outside and the interior is warm. Hopefully this will decrease as the chemicals slowly evaporate. It sure seems worse in this car than in other new cars I've owned.

Same thing for me. I've read somewhere that these chemicals evaporating are highly toxic, no wonder why it causes fog in the windows worst than a heavy smoker would.
Old 9/17/16, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same issue,think it's clean the go for a ride look in rear view mirror and it's like some children were in there smudging the window,then sun hits the front just right and it looks like a 2 pac a day smoker was in the car.......it's getting better as time goes on but it's a big pain in the azz right now.
Old 9/19/16, 07:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Responding to your question regarding cleaning your vehicles windows. I have had many years and car windows to clean and the best advice I can give is to use regular car polish let it dry to a haze and wipe off. No streaking and helps with the cleaning of bug residue. You can use on the inside as well unless you have tinted windows then you will want to try a small area first with the polish. There are good non-ammonia cleaners on the market that work well with tinted windows.
Old 9/19/16, 05:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Kotenukimen
Personally I did not have much success with Stoners. Maybe its cause I am one myself
lol Puff puff pass it over here
Old 9/21/16, 05:46 AM
GT Member

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Well, I've always just used a small wet (clean) terry towel followed by drying with another clean towel. It has worked great for me for over 40 years.
Old 9/21/16, 07:53 AM
This message has been deleted by 05stangkc.
Old 10/1/16, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use a protectant similar to amour all. With a damp microfiber, clean widows and then wipe with a clean microfiber lightly sprayed with the protect ant. You can feel a glide when windows are clean and streak free.