Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Desperate times, desperate measures

Old 4/12/15, 05:09 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Desperate times, desperate measures

I'm going to overcome my fears and buy a DA polisher.

It's a labor of love keeping my as car as clean as possible at all times, even when it's not in use. But it's black and we know what that means....lotsa extra TLC. My car looks amazing as long as it's not in direct sunlight.

I spent yesterday cleaning and detailing only to end up completely frustrated and disappointed with streaks, tiny little water spots and swirls galore. Drove me crazy.

Did a lot of research last nite, and a DA machine doesn't seem as intimidating as I thought. This Porter Cable $150 package seems to be the best overall value to get started with...just the basics and a bonus bundle which includes pads, micro fiber cloths (can never have too many of those), and an instructional DVD. No sense getting bogged down getting scratch removers and polish now. I have a cabinet full of supplies, and deciding what works best will be an on-going process. My biggest concern are swirls and water spotting.

http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable...value-kit.html
Attached Images  
Old 4/12/15, 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I recently bought that PC, except I bought it on Amazon separately since I found it a bit cheaper that way. I have not used it on my mustang yet but I have gotten practice with it on my girlfriends car and my DD and it is very easy to use. It was quite intimidating at first, but there are plenty of videos on YouTube that go over which pads to use, which speed settings, technique, etc. I am no expert on it but I have gotten over my fear and have gotten some pretty **** good results using basic off the shelf products. Now to use the better higher end stuff I have on my Mustang...