Car Care Shine Up Your Stang for Show Season, Fix a Dent, And General Car Cleaning

Best Method for Removing Water-Spots

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/13 | 01:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Michael Broadway
We don't have hard water here, but I keep a good coat of wax on my car and I have very little water to dry off when I wash it. Everything just slides off except for the glass and the really flat areas. I would suggest using a coat of Meguiar's #2 Polish followed by a good coat of Mequiar's Gold Class Wax and finishing up with a final coat of Meguiar's Showcar Glaze.
Everything I've read says the glaze is to be applied after polish but before wax, if glaze is used at all. I'm not sure the polish can stick to the wax or mix with it very well.

The wax on top of the glaze protects and gives depth to the shine but evaporates within a few weeks. Either will help shed water better than nothing.

Have you discovered a secret in using these products in this order, or is it a M.B. exclusive?
Old 10/16/13 | 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by El Coyote GT/CS

Most people spray their car to rinse the soap off, then dry with a couple microfiber towels. That's okay, but the spraying makes a lot of droplets all over the place! I suggest using a nozzle that can be adjusted to flood water in a slow steady stream, or just take the nozzle off the hose. Turn the water on (about 1/4 or less) so it comes out in a weak stream. Start rinsing at the roof holding the hose fairly close to the surface and pour the water on moving slowly from one edge to the other. Continue over the hood and trunk lid, then down the sides, rear and front. You can even do the wheels this way.
You can do this without all those extra steps with the Mr. Clean system. Whenever I use it, I get the best shine with no water spots. There is a soap setting, a soft-water setting, and a weak stream setting you can use that gets rid of the water spots. The filter refillers can be hard to find, but I believe you can still get them on Amazon.
Old 10/17/13 | 11:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I remember looking at those gadgets when shopping for DI systems. Unfortunately, they have gone the way of the dodo.
Old 10/19/13 | 03:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Wash, blow dry, clay, glaze, wax is my routine. Might wash again after clay but depends on if I haven't clayed in a while. I use Meg's mirror Glaze line.