General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

your mustang addiction

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/07 | 05:14 PM
Cobra Member

your mustang addiction

Ok, i havent seen many threads about this. and the few that i have, are from 2005 lol.
Why are you "addicted" to you Mustang? why do you mod it?
what kinda feeling do you get when you drive it?

I like mine because it makes me feel stronger and cooler than i probably am. and it so much fun to drive its un-describable.
I (going to) mod mine because i want to make it the best look, performing i can.
When i drive it i get that butterfly feeling in my stomcach, especially in the morning when i 1st start it up and that rumble just belows over the neighborhood. and when i punch it and it just sings, gaining and gaining speed. like it would never stop.

what about you?
Old 12/12/07 | 05:02 PM
V6 Member

I love my mustang because it's what I've wanted since I was little. It's my first car and first thing that I truly pay everything for. To me it's a symbol of freedom, respect, and responsibility. I love the looks and compliments I get from others, even though it's a v6. It's styling makes it unique from every other car out there. It's pure American Muscle, and that's what I love about it!
Old 12/12/07 | 05:38 PM

I'm addicted to my mustang cause I've always wanted one....People literally stop on the street and watch me drive by....kids crowd the back windows of school busses to waive and give me thumbs up....I rumble through the streets of my subdivision, stab it at every corner to thow out the rear end, and care for it as if it were my child. I update where I see fit, and modify what I want.(or can afford)....Awesome car!
Old 12/12/07 | 10:11 PM

Ok, all of my life I have had an off and on car obsession. But when I was thirteen, by friend gave me a model of a grabber blue 1970 Boss 302. I immediately fell in love with it, and my mustang addiction grew rapidly from there. A couple years ago, I bought my uncle's '89 fourbanger notch. That was by far the best day of my life! I didn't care that it was born without four cylinders, or that that the paint was faded and rusty. All I cared was that it was a mustang. Over the past year and a half, I've worked very hard to earn the money to fix it up, and am very proud of how far I've come. Hearing someone give me a complement on my stang always makes my day. That feeling of cruising down the highway, on a warm summer's evening, just before sunset, windows down and music up, has got to be one of the most remarkable moments of my life. (and I'm not even that old, lol) I plan on keeping my friend for as long as possible as I made a vow never to sell her for as long as I live. I can't wait for spring to come, so that I can experience that awesome sensation again!
Old 12/12/07 | 10:15 PM
Post *****

don't know how the hell it started, but by the age of 12 i had my "mustang fund" in the bank lol. everyhwherewe drove, i pointed out mustangs, i tried to identify year and model. i didnt get good at it til i found the timeline of this site

Add the disovery of "forums" and that is pretty much all the fuel i needed, along with countless hours spent on eBay

I worked as much as i could, saved almost everything and when i was 15, i bought my II. the rest is history. well, history until i got the bullitt right before turning 18 :P
Old 12/20/07 | 05:47 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Hmmmm... besides being a "speed" junkie, I'm not addicted to Mustangs so much as it being a form of hero worship. One of my dad's favorite cars was his 70 Mach T5, He loved to tell me and my brothers about his escapades on the autobahn, especially the race where the BMW blew its engine. Guess it just stuck and when I bought my first car it was a Mustang, When I bought my first brand new car it was a Mustang, my next car was a Mustang. Nothing else seems to give me the same sense of satisfaction as a Mustang.

Then again I've got devilish streak and I like to be contrary to the group sometimes and my live axle Mustang helps to fill that niche too.
Old 12/20/07 | 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Some guys are addicted to drugs, alcohol, sex, food, you name it. I'm addicted to cars and raw power...and I want MORE!
Old 12/21/07 | 08:23 PM
x21
Bullitt Member

Believe it or not when i was in my early teen years, i wanted some kind of econo-box car, just because I wanted to have something to drive and knew it would be easy to convince the parents to get me one. But.... then I just happened to listen to my mom and her friend discuss how I might be interested in the 'old mustang' that sat in her friend's yard- lifeless. My mom seemed doubtful and was about to say 'no'. Luckily I was there to chime in and say 'yah- dad and me can get it working again!' At about 15, thats how it snowballed into this multi-mustanged weirdo . And it all started with that 1968 Mustang hardtop, with the inline 200 (which I have tweaked more than any of my other mustangs). That now deceased 1969 with the 302 was my first actual daily driver, and also set the bar for how my lil inline 6 should perform when I got that 68 roadworthy. Thankfully I kept an eye on this old 88LX, because after getting the 68 into an accident, 24 hrs later that 5.0 was mine.
And the real kicker for how I got into this mustang craze- none of mustangs costed more than $2000 to purchase. The 68 was basically free, the 69 hardtop was $600, the 69 GT was the $2G car, and the 88LX was $1100, totalling less than $4Gs for the 4 Mustangs.
More obsession- I even bought the cheapie Mustang game for PS2. Got a bunch of hot wheels and 1:24 and 1:18 scale models, in addition to other Stang toys.
Old 12/25/07 | 04:28 PM
TMS Legacy Member

I really liked the look of the car, always wanted somthing fast and iconic.
The GT has enough hp and eye appeal, fun to drive and mod.
Old 12/25/07 | 04:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 98stangv6
I love my mustang because it's what I've wanted since I was little. It's my first car and first thing that I truly pay everything for. To me it's a symbol of freedom, respect, and responsibility. I love the looks and compliments I get from others, even though it's a v6. It's styling makes it unique from every other car out there. It's pure American Muscle, and that's what I love about it!
Same here! I love the badass feeling i get drivin it and hearin the roar and rumble!!
Old 12/25/07 | 11:48 PM
V6 Member

Good Topic... Well, I've owned 5 Mustangs in my lifetime so far... My first Mustang was a 1966 Mustang Coupe with a 289, auto. I bought it from my brother-in-law. He was an auto mechanic by trade and the car was cherry... Since that day in 1977, I have been a Mustang fan ever since. I now own a 2008 Mustang GT California Special. Owning and drive a Ford Mustang is an American tradition. It's a staple of the automobile industry. When you think of a classic American car, Mustangs always come to mind. Ask a man that owns a Harley Davidson, and he will tell you, if you have to ask, you'll never understand... The same go's for the Mustang... It's an honor to drive such a fine representation of the American Dream...
Old 12/27/07 | 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not just Mustang addiction here, but SE Mustangs for me! Mine started with my '85 SVO, which I regret selling for a "plastic chevy"......I wont make that mistake again though. I drove the wheels off that thing with nothing but a grin on my face.

Then came my 2003 Mach 1, which I think is one of the best '79-'04 models ever designed, I bought it new and love it more each day.

My Roush came next, bought it new also.........the Roush blows me away by its engineering, the car just sticks to the road, and is probably what we should be buying right from Ford.....but Roush is there to pick up the pieces.

I have owned 3 Mustangs so far and all have been SE's, now I am looking at a Drag Pak Roush......we'll see
Old 12/30/07 | 03:55 PM
GT Member

With me it was the shape & the sound of the ones from the 60's when I was little...they were loud & fast & I loved them! I had an 85 GT that I kept until I couldn't afford to throw any more money at it. Fast forward 10 years & after saving for 3 years I bought an 05 Sonic Blue V6 and have been enjoying the ride ever since. I'm involved with the North TX. Mustang Club and do shows with them--Life with a Mustang's a blast
Old 12/31/07 | 04:17 PM

Your Mustang Addiction

My first car was a 65 Mustang Coupe with a 200 C.I. Six and a 3-Speed on the floor, back when I was 16. bought my first Shelby, 69 GT 500 Hatch Back. took it home and took off all the "SMOG Stuff" and thur it in the trash. Was that a Mistake! LOL!!! Ended up pulling the 428CJ & C6 and installing a
675 HP,Holman-Moody 427 MR Tunnel Port with a 4 speed Top-Loader.
I'm now customing our new Roush 427R supercharged Convertible. Go for it, you only live once.
Reminds me of an old joke about the old maid School teacher. She was about to die and her students ask her " Miss Davis, what would you like on your Tomb stone? She said " Don't put Miss Davis ,because I havent " Missed " as much as you think!!!!
Old 1/3/08 | 08:12 AM
NTTAWWT

I dont have one yet..:-( but...
I love Mustangs becuase to me they represent all that can be good in cars, affordable, very good looking, sound great. I love hearing the rumble of a big engine, and flooring the gas pedal to the floor, ripping though the gears, throwing the car into a corner, hitting the apex, and gassing it out of the exit. I mod my cars to make them different from the rest, give them more style and flavor. I will admit it, it makes me feel cooler to drive the car, who doesnt like to feel cool, and have little and big children turn and wave? I know I do.
Old 1/3/08 | 09:49 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I like my mustang because it is my first car. I modify it to make it look better and go faster. When i drive the car i feel awesome knowing i have a classic as my first car and not even being 16. Parents wouldnt let me get my Honda Civic(didnt want me to put a body kit on). So i looked around for a few weeks found this. Talked it over parents said yes. 1 day at school i get checked out and there she was parked in the parking lot. Loved it ever since. They are very nice cars.