General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Vehicle warranty and superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/10, 11:02 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle warranty and superchargers

I'm getting ready to do a little work on a house we're selling, and while waiting, I was surfin' the Kenne Bell site and found this:

Dealer Warranties
Under Federal Law, vehicle manufacturers, dealers or agents cannot void vehicle powertrain or emissions warranties due to the presence of a properly installed Kenne Bell product. If a warranty is denied, contact the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. Additional information is available at the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association) website www.sema.org. Kenne Bell is a member of SEMA.

Anyone hear about this before? I always thought S\C would void a warranty. I wonder if this applies to ALL superchargers? CAI's? Don't have time to research more, but I'd be interested to see just what mods a person can make without voiding a warranty......
Old 10/24/10, 11:08 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the moss act says that if a car maker is to deny a warranty claim they must prove that the aftermarket part is to blame. At the point the claim is denied the owner of the car has to seek legal action against the car company.