Save the Manuals and the Convertibles?

Search this Thread

Old 3/17/15, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 3/17/15, 07:24 PM
GT Member

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I love my manual convertible. Would I if it was my daily driver? Probably not. But since its spring here in the South, it sure is fun swappin' cogs in a V-8 Mustang with the top down!

Last edited by ZGrand; 3/17/15 at 07:25 PM.
Old 3/17/15, 10:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
as far as the trans talk goes, I love the manual type, and its growing on me each drive I take, now for the truck I have, I will honestly say its best with the auto trans in it, expecially if I am towing trailers, one less thing to worry about so I am ok with both types but for a sporty car like the stang I prefer the standard trans, but that is just me!
Old 3/17/15, 11:13 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am waiting for my convertible 2015 with a Manual. I had to special order it because I could not find one. Latest word is it will be built the week of March 30. Here in Northern CA Almost every day is a ragtop day. Sunny and 75 today on St Patricks Day. It is my 50th birthday present to myself. I have always preferred a manual, and I have never had a convertible.
Old 3/17/15, 11:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim74656
as far as the trans talk goes, I love the manual type, and its growing on me each drive I take, now for the truck I have, I will honestly say its best with the auto trans in it, expecially if I am towing trailers, one less thing to worry about so I am ok with both types but for a sporty car like the stang I prefer the standard trans, but that is just me!
exactly how I feel. I love my manuals, but the few manual trucks I've driven ehh I'd rather have an auto there too. But rowing the gears in a mustang is a blast! I don't care about heavy stop and go traffic id take a manual mustang any day of the week. I drive my manual v6 year round and I can't count the number of times having an a manual has probably saved my life in the snow
Old 3/18/15, 05:40 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Originally Posted by jonser
I am waiting for my convertible 2015 with a Manual. I had to special order it because I could not find one. Latest word is it will be built the week of March 30. Here in Northern CA Almost every day is a ragtop day. Sunny and 75 today on St Patricks Day. It is my 50th birthday present to myself. I have always preferred a manual, and I have never had a convertible.

You'll love the convertible. Every car I've owned since 1997 has been a convertible.
Old 3/18/15, 05:42 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
I'll leave you guys to discuss how much you like a stick in your hands but I will chime in on the convertible aspect. IT'S FARGING AWESOME!!! I've had verts now for the past 20 plus years. I grew up with my dad owning one and it's always been special to be able to drop the top. Nothing like that first spring day after a long winter and finally taking the top down. I'll never buy another car without it being a convertible.
Old 3/18/15, 06:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's something people just don't understand, I've gotten it from more this generation age people, they asked why I couldn't buy a coupe or why a drop top.
Same story as why Harley guys buy Harley's.
Old 3/18/15, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

well I got to say one good thing about having a manual is the following...(aside from being fun)

Old 3/18/15, 03:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not gonna lie I'm bored with my auto, when I do all the city driving it's nice. But it'd be fun to play around with the sounds of the car.
If I didn't cost anything, I'd try to find one with a manual
Old 3/18/15, 03:47 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I won't own a sports car or any kind of truck without a manual.
Old 3/19/15, 05:36 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I have no desire to turn this into the usual debate but I've never said to myself while driving my auto vert that I'm bored or it's not a blast.

I do love the anti-theft meme though.
Old 3/19/15, 07:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
I have no desire to turn this into the usual debate but I've never said to myself while driving my auto vert that I'm bored or it's not a blast.

I do love the anti-theft meme though.
I wouldn't say its the usual debate, but more of a discussion, as for the standard I do see it as the meme says, an anti-theft device, most people who want to boost a car want it fast and easy, and this just ads one more element to work with, of course I also have a clutch lock installed and I am not saying that auto mustangs aren't fun, I just think the auto is more boring in a sporty car like the Mustang, its supposed to be driven and have fun with....plus a Mustang is a Mustang auto or standard...its all about FUN!
Old 3/19/15, 07:34 PM
Legacy Tms Member

I guess not being a manual guy it's difficult for to me to say but I'm never bored. I was considering a manual for my '14 but changed my mind. To each his own. Like you said it's still a Stang and that's good enough for me.
Old 3/19/15, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Vid I also want you to know I do see the advantages of having an auto trans less to worry about and better in stop and go traffic, but hey who doesn't like to have an excuse to burn rubber once and a while ok I admit you could probably do it in an auto too but hey...
Old 3/19/15, 08:09 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Stick or no stick I'm ready for spring and some mods. See you guys at the track.
Old 3/19/15, 08:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

MEEEEE toooo!!!! Once Monday comes around Im going to be getting buddy fixed up with his power steering system and hopefully that will be it for a while!! well as far as fixing goes...mods are another story
Old 5/1/15, 01:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I had another dose of reality at work today. No one I have talked to here drives a car with a manual.

Last edited by SpeedCostsMoney; 5/1/15 at 01:15 PM.
Old 5/1/15, 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
More cheers for convertibles. I've had one since late '99 and love my Mustang. As to gearbox, I had plenty of fun with my SelectShift button while running Cal Hwy 1 from Leggett to the coast with my Honda S2000 friends. Two of them pulled over to let me pass and the other two could not get that red thing out of their rear view mirrors.
Old 5/1/15, 07:19 PM

Living in Michigan, a convertible is not a very desirable year round daily driver, but then again no Mustang is. Yes, I know they can be driven in winter, I lived with several GT's and RWD BMW's many winters and not always with winter tires. But I have settled into having a newer 4x4 truck as a daily driver and everything else is a toy.

I have nothing against autos but never looked at anything but manuals when I was looking for my 13 GT/CS Convertible. I flew two states away to look at and eventually buy exactly the one I wanted and drove it home. I didn't find it crazy hard to find a manual convertible but clearly they are a small fraction of the market. In the days before the internet, craigslist, Ebay, autotrader, cars.com and other sites I'd probably still be driving all over the state and beyond looking for the right car. I just enjoy a manual. I've probably owned a dozen pickups and even more cars. All my pickups and SUV's have been autos but most of the cars have been manuals.

Last edited by logical; 5/1/15 at 07:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Save the Manuals and the Convertibles?