General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/08, 09:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Look Tom! No snow on the ground and girls in shorts!

(sorry, I had to. )

hahahahaa, good one
Old 2/16/08, 11:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why didn't I wake up?! Imissed out. Tomorrow though
Old 2/16/08, 11:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
CMCV Delete install

A guy from another Forum tried to diss me in a PM saying I gave inaccurate info on the delete plate install. Here's his PM, tell me if you see if it's ....

Ok see this quote right here
"19. Once the manifold is in position, drop the mounting bolts in place and snug them up.
Follow the proper torque sequence and torque them to 89 lb-in.
Thanks to my brother-in-law, Kevin and buddy, Leo, for giving me a hand in torquing the bolts down as my lower back was killing me at this point."
Ok you need to change this... .89?!?!? i just followed ur write up and i BROKE one of the bolts for the intake manifold... I called my friend who owns a shop (should have gone to him) and i told him and he freaked out saying it should only be 18lb because of the aluminum block or heads or whatever he said it was. He freaked out on me... please change this because its costing me time and money and i have to drive 3 hours tomorrow.
I didnt post this on a thread bc i didnt wanna start crap just incase i seem angry, bc im kinda irritated right now :-/ Sorry but please fix this so it doesnt happen to anyone else...

I really try and spell out each step and any torque values in my write-ups, but some people really should not touch any tools.
Even his 'Shop Owner Mechanic' is full of it. It probably would've also snapped at his recommended 216 lb-in.
Old 2/17/08, 12:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A guy from another Forum tried to diss me in a PM saying I gave inaccurate info on the delete plate install. Here's his PM, tell me if you see if it's ....

"19. Once the manifold is in position, drop the mounting bolts in place and snug them up.
Thanks to my brother-in-law, Kevin and buddy, Leo, for giving me a hand in torquing the bolts down as my lower back was killing me at this point."
Ok you need to change this... .89?!?!? i just followed ur write up and i BROKE one of the bolts for the intake manifold... I called my friend who owns a shop (should have gone to him) and i told him and he freaked out saying it should only be 18lb because of the aluminum block or heads or whatever he said it was. He freaked out on me... please change this because its costing me time and money and i have to drive 3 hours tomorrow.
I didnt post this on a thread bc i didnt wanna start crap just incase i seem angry, bc im kinda irritated right now :-/ Sorry but please fix this so it doesnt happen to anyone else...

I really try and spell out each step and any torque values in my write-ups, but some people really should not touch any tools.
Even his 'Shop Owner Mechanic' is full of it. It probably would've also snapped at his recommended 216 lb-in.
Idiot. It's your fault he didn't read instructions and doesn't know the difference between a ft-lb or in-lb or whatever those things are...they're just numbers, right. Wonder at what point they snapped .... hahahahaha

Just a thought, maybe put some sort of disclaimer on there that they should only use the how-tos as a guideline only and to refer to the service manual for removal and re-installation. If anything to save yourself from any potential problems
Old 2/17/08, 04:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
Idiot. It's your fault he didn't read instructions and doesn't know the difference between a ft-lb or in-lb or whatever those things are...they're just numbers, right. Wonder at what point they snapped .... hahahahaha

Just a thought, maybe put some sort of disclaimer on there that they should only use the how-tos as a guideline only and to refer to the service manual for removal and re-installation. If anything to save yourself from any potential problems
Bill here's a disclamer...

Before attempting MOD, ensure you have a founctional brain

Jed
Old 2/17/08, 04:13 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Made it to C&C this morning with Jed and George.. Luis was MIA - overslept, he's blaming the chili-cheese dog we brought back for him from Pink's!

Anywho, here's a few pics. Jed's got a lot more, these are just from my camera.

On the way to C&C

Kick starting our day!

George eying the new EVO

Jed, give permission for her to put her hands on your fender?

On-the-road shots of the Roush!

vids.. messin' with the PJ!

messin' with the Roush!
Hey Bill great pictures of the ROUSH

Jed
Old 2/17/08, 04:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by habu
Hey! Be nice... maybe he was like me and got distracted when he was tightening

Great pictures Bill, I need to find me a crew to roll with someday. Once I do I'll make my own thread for us eastern coast fellows... SOTR (Stangs on the Run) Meanest, coolest mustang group on the east caust. We'll have the most pages views ever. Haha, untill then... I'm a POTR subscriber
Old 2/17/08, 07:45 AM
Cobra Member

Unbelievable........................

One needs to read first and like Jed or was it Brian, use Brain.

He's lucky he didn't post this crap and sent a PM, or he'd be reeling from all the flames.

But not a bad idea Bill about the disclaimer for your How To's. I'm sure we could all come up with something fairly good,and not wise a$$ stuff

Old 2/17/08, 10:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JonCo
Hey! Be nice... maybe he was like me and got distracted when he was tightening

Great pictures Bill, I need to find me a crew to roll with someday. Once I do I'll make my own thread for us eastern coast fellows... SOTR (Stangs on the Run) Meanest, coolest mustang group on the east caust. We'll have the most pages views ever. Haha, untill then... I'm a POTR subscriber
hey.... sorry. I know I should be nice, but if your gonna be a schmuck and not be able to read instructions and then you break something, don't ***** about it, ya know
Old 2/17/08, 02:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hellooooooooooooo! Anybody out there?
Old 2/17/08, 04:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Hellooooooooooooo! Anybody out there?
Dang, you get antsy after just a couple hours of silence don't you Tom?
Old 2/17/08, 04:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I just like to stir up the west coast guys......

Old 2/17/08, 06:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by tom281
I just like to stir up the west coast guys......

That's cool, 'cause apparently we all fell off the map today. My excuse was watching, falling asleep then watching Daytona. Where The F did the Dodges from from ??

Somewhat related, Just got back from Sears. New in my tool Inventory...
1) Hi-Lift 3-ton floor jacks on sale 18 bucks
2) 1/2 Drive 12-pt mm Socket set, mainly for the 12mm but they were on sale too
3) Socket rail organizer thingy... would have to show you, but its cool.

Well it seemed like more but I guess that's it. But it's tools so that's ALWAYS good !

Yuck, now I get to sit down and do work all evening fixing up a web-site that is very out-of-date... yeah
Old 2/17/08, 07:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

LA guys-Looks like you had a good time.

Bill-Tell that guy he's a douche.

Brian-Congrats on the new tools.

BTW-Watched the Daytona 500. I was trying to see if NASCAR was something I could get into. Answer for me is no way. Only the last 50 laps or so were entertaining. NASCAR seems like something you have to grow up with to like or have a friend or someone that's really into it in order to get hooked. JMO.

Who's watching Knight Rider tonight?
Old 2/17/08, 08:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

BTW-Watched the Daytona 500. I was trying to see if NASCAR was something I could get into. Answer for me is no way. Only the last 50 laps or so were entertaining. NASCAR seems like something you have to grow up with to like or have a friend or someone that's really into it in order to get hooked. JMO.

That's funny, when I saw the post I was gonna post the same as you except add "bag" to the end of it.

Hey I hear ya. I love this stuff and I fell asleep until about 60 laps to go. Once everything shook up it got interesting.

Tools
Knight rider, meh. Not interested at all for some reason.
Old 2/17/08, 09:08 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I watched KR, I thought it was pretty decent overall.
Old 2/17/08, 09:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Live from Best Buy California!

TacoBill
Pam
Superfly
Jed
Kai

Can you pick who's who?

J
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-photo-12.jpg  
Old 2/17/08, 09:21 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
looks like Bill, Pam, Jed, Kai, and Luis!
That's a pretty cool pic, howd you do that? Bill's face looks hysterical!
Old 2/17/08, 11:37 PM
Cobra R Member

I grew up with it, so that's my excuse.

I watched just about every lap of the race today. A pretty good 500, glad Tony or one of the Busch brothers didn't win. I really don't mind Newman.
Old 2/18/08, 12:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

We always have a good time! Especially when you throw alcohol and BE into the mix!

Not worth bashing his stupidity. By him not responding to me, I think he feels like a d-bag.

+1 Brian, tools are always cool.

KR.. saw most of it, mainly for the car. Story was mehh..

Originally Posted by StangMahn
looks like Bill, Pam, Jed, Kai, and Luis!
That's a pretty cool pic, howd you do that? Bill's face looks hysterical!
Correct! It was some photobooth program on one of the demo iMacs.

Some random pics from today...

Morning root beer floats at Ricky & Ronnie's!

Luis at TacoBill's Detail Shop

Luis testing out a new mod.. can you spot it?

Action shots of superfly's GT/CS!

(check out that blackout panel! )

superfly the Model! (.. Kai actually did the modeling (thank goodness); pics being edited by Jed)

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)