General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/08, 12:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think blackout panels look better on white than any other color...and I have one! Looks great.
Old 2/8/08, 01:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by habu
LOL.... I think Luis likes it. Imagine going from a stock GT to TacoBill's machine, too much.

The black out looks great Luis. For some reason, the black outs just look 'Right' to me, except when there are stripes.

so.... what's your next Mod ????
Shifter ,
Off-Road H ??
4.10s
C&L........ come on it's only money.

I had something other than the MGW, the Hurst. While it looks great it didn't function as well as the MGW. The price may seem like a big hurdle but it's well worth every single cent. Don't settle for second best . But if you want a Hurst, I know someone with a used one that will sell it cheap !!
Thanks for the compliment. I'm actually looking into the gt500 spoiler and then the shaker (trying to find one used) from there...the mgw short shifter with the classic shift **** to match

Ray - You're absolutely right. I never planned on starting mods this soon. Peer pressure works

kh765 - Thanks for the compliment

Leo - As for stripes: Don't plan on any. I'm sure the shaker will round out the look that I'm going for.

Well....just came back from a pinks run with Jed, TacoBill and his fam... Looks like it's becoming tradition brought one hot dog home for the morning
Old 2/8/08, 01:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by superfly s197
Well....just came back from a pinks run with Jed, TacoBill and his fam...
And what am I still doing up on TMS at 12:56am???

I have to get up at 5am...
Old 2/8/08, 05:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
The look on superfly's face............ PRICELESS!

I will volunteer myself to be your sponsor Luis, because you are now addicted to modifications. Your mind is going to go but don't worry, in the end it's all .

Old 2/8/08, 08:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Luis.. The Blackout panel looks great!

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Luis, i think you're in trouble. Don't hang around these guys! You'll be broke in about 6 months, maybe sooner.
+1
Ain't that the truth
Old 2/8/08, 09:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Tonights the night. Going to the track to see if the new tires will stick enough for me to go down the track. If all goes well I hope to report a new all time best et. Hoping for an 8.3 as that will put me in the 12 sec bracket. Can gears, ds, lcas/lca relo's take off 3 tenths? I guess I'll find out.

My adrenalin is pumping just thinking about it. I always love the first run of the night. I get butterflys and my adrenalin goes through the roof. After that it only comes back if some car I really want/need/should beat is next to me.
Old 2/8/08, 09:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by tom281
The look on superfly's face............ PRICELESS!

I will volunteer myself to be your sponsor Luis, because you are now addicted to modifications. Your mind is going to go but don't worry, in the end it's all .

Leo - interested to see what you get at the track. Sounds like fun Once I hit the 3k mile mark, I plan on going. Pretty excited/nervous about it.
Old 2/8/08, 09:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197

Leo - interested to see what you get at the track. Sounds like fun Once I hit the 3k mile mark, I plan on going. Pretty excited/nervous about it.
Beware that will only make your addiction to mods that much greater. You'll be at the track thinking gosh what can I get next to drop a few tenths. Tons of fun though. Maybe you can get the sissy man Tacobill to join you. I've been nagging him to since I can remember.
Old 2/8/08, 09:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Tonights the night....
Good Luck Leo! You should be able to tear that track up with the new rubber!! We should plan a POTR track night at your track or even irwindale. I would love to get out on the track! Maybe we can get Jed and TB to go
Old 2/8/08, 09:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tonights the night. Going to the track to see if the new tires will stick enough for me to go down the track. If all goes well I hope to report a new all time best et. Hoping for an 8.3 as that will put me in the 12 sec bracket. Can gears, ds, lcas/lca relo's take off 3 tenths? I guess I'll find out.

My adrenalin is pumping just thinking about it. I always love the first run of the night. I get butterflys and my adrenalin goes through the roof. After that it only comes back if some car I really want/need/should beat is next to me.
As soon as I get tires I want to head down there. I miss the thrill !!!!
I've stayed away because I know the stock tires are useless to even try. Heck they're useless now !!! That and I want my own helmet.

Is the next one in march gonna happen ?? maybe I can get 1/2 off and head out.

Oh and Luis, ya gotta hit the track at least once in your life. The description that Leo gives is pretty spot-on. It's a blast!
Old 2/8/08, 09:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by USMC0341
Good Luck Leo! You should be able to tear that track up with the new rubber!! We should plan a POTR track night at your track or even irwindale. I would love to get out on the track! Maybe we can get Jed and TB to go
If we don't get to run @ Irwindale we should head out just to see what it's like. Next Thursday
Old 2/8/08, 09:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

If we don't get to run @ Irwindale we should head out just to see what it's like. Next Thursday
Hey I'm off on thursday nights
Old 2/8/08, 09:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Dang, you guys make me sick..... going to the track tonight??

We've had 2.5" of rain here this week but now the temp is dropping into single digits, so as I sit here the snow is falling and covering the water on the ground, which is now officially all ICE.

Anyway, pity party over...... good luck Leo.
Old 2/8/08, 10:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Luis, i think you're in trouble. Don't hang around these guys! You'll be broke in about 6 months, maybe sooner.
I dont even leive near the SoCal crew. Heck I'm on the other coast line and there influencing me to spend money...

Haha all in good fun. I wouldn't have a MGW shifter, K&N CAI, louvers, radar detector or mount, DVD/Nav unit without this crew!
Old 2/8/08, 10:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's the link to all of the track dates for th year. Let me know what looks good to everyone. You guys could head down in the morning and chill at my place till it's race time.
http://www.racelegal.com/web/racedates.asp

As soon as I get tires I want to head down there. I miss the thrill !!!!
I've stayed away because I know the stock tires are useless to even try. Heck they're useless now !!! That and I want my own helmet.

Is the next one in march gonna happen ?? maybe I can get 1/2 off and head out.

Oh and Luis, ya gotta hit the track at least once in your life. The description that Leo gives is pretty spot-on. It's a blast!
I think you'd be fine with the stock tires. Mainly because you have a manual so you can modulate the rpm's for take off. Either way hurry up and get new tires and come down. If you get the S/C and don't have slicks don't waste your time.

We've had 2.5" of rain here this week but now the temp is dropping into single digits, so as I sit here the snow is falling and covering the water on the ground, which is now officially all ICE.

Gotta love Socal.
Old 2/8/08, 10:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey I'm off on thursday nights
I'm up for it. Gotta get to work the next morning but what the hell.

Any other SoCals in ??
Old 2/8/08, 11:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Shhhhhhhhhhhh... don't tell him it's going to be close to 80 degrees today.
Old 2/8/08, 12:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Driveshaft is here !!! so are the Relos and UCA. Safety loop scheduled for the 11th.

parts
Old 2/8/08, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Gotta love Socal.
Yeah yeah yeah, now you sound like my wife.... If I had a dime for everytime I've heard that, I'd have a new Saleen blower.........

Oh wait, I do.

Driveshaft is here !!! so are the Relos and UCA. Safety loop scheduled for the 11th.

parts
YES! Another member getting the shaft!

Old 2/8/08, 12:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

parts
Congrats Brian!!!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)