General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/08, 10:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Camera Test & Then some!

Here's a little vid from this morning...

Enjoy Jed

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u...rent=PVCam.flv
Old 2/10/08, 10:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium

Enjoy Jed

"Where do you want me to start?" Oh Jed!

That's priceless! It had to happen (especially while recording).
Old 2/10/08, 11:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Oh Sh t. Great quick thinking...um a cruise...um mapping out the route.... AWESOME. No plate fix-it is all you got, not bad. I would have thought you would have gotten popped for 23550......

So except for the obstruction of view the new camera mounts work great !!
Old 2/10/08, 11:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I have to say... you got off pretty easy, but that sucks royal dukey. I can't believe he didn't do the tinted windows also. You must have a pretty face.

BTW... great avatar dude!!!
Old 2/10/08, 11:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Enjoy Jed

Classic. You should've asked him if you could take some pics of your car and his with the overhead lights on.

Brian-Congrats on the install.
Old 2/11/08, 12:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

ROUSH gun Camera!

Here is a picture of the ROUSH Cam I bought the camera mount from the UK for...? What's L68.08 in US dollars?

Jed

Old 2/11/08, 07:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Nice Bill Did you try carmax or did you just trade it in?
Thanks. It kinda was a spur of the moment deal.. we were just looking, next thing I know, we're driving off the lot in a 08 Highlander!

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Nice grocery getter Bill I'm sure Pam loves it.

Next weeks plans: Gt500 spoiler and rotorpros
She does!
It's the ulitmate cruiser to Pink's!

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill-Congrats on the new car.

FYI-Hardcore Mustangs in San Diego is having a special on Saleen SC. They're offering the 450HP kit for 5169 with free install.
Thanks, payments kinda suck, but ehh...

Good deal on the Saleen SC. If the Shaker wasn't an integral part of the TacoBill personality, I'd seriously consider this deal.

Originally Posted by JonCo
... Where can I buy one cam cover bolt? The one with that rubber fitting? ... *dont ask...*
Looks like you may have to get the whole set, but I'd check with the Dealer and see.
BTW, what happened?
Old 2/11/08, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by habu
It took me a little longer than I expected but the LCA/Relos are on.
Good going Brian.

By leveling back the LCA's, it has to benefit in putting the power back down to the wheels. At worst, they look cool!

btw, is that some dirt I see in the fender wells?

Enjoy Jed

'Where's the Taco?'
Good thing he was a 'No-Show'! That cop would've had a 2'fer, plus I would've got popped for an O/R exhaust fo sho'!
Old 2/11/08, 08:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Good going Brian.

By leveling back the LCA's, it has to benefit in putting the power back down to the wheels. At worst, they look cool!

btw, is that some dirt I see in the fender wells?
Jeez tell me about it. The whole time I was under there I'd look at the the undercarridge and think, I really ought to clean this, it's filthy.
Old 2/11/08, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just wonder if the screws will rust on the Shelby version. I think I deff like the look of these over the other Shelby ones. The're simple looking
I have the Shelby ones as well (the original flat ones) and I love them! I didn't like the screws that came with the kit (they were too long, IMO), so I went to the hardware store and picked up some shorter ones and have not had any problems... I installed them late last year and I drive mine all the time in the rain (it is my daily driver) and have not had any rust issues (*knocks on wood*)...
Old 2/11/08, 10:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Uninstalling Leos cai I over tighten a bolt not paying attention. And the rest is history... This something I should worry about ASAP? Suggestions on emoving the half that's stuck in place? Wonder if a parts store carries these bolts...

Good news is the cai sold and shipped today

Thanks. It kinda was a spur of the moment deal.. we were just looking, next thing I know, we're driving off the lot in a 08 Highlander!

She does!
It's the ulitmate cruiser to Pink's!

Thanks, payments kinda suck, but ehh...

Good deal on the Saleen SC. If the Shaker wasn't an integral part of the TacoBill personality, I'd seriously consider this deal.

Looks like you may have to get the whole set, but I'd check with the Dealer and see.
BTW, what happened?
Old 2/11/08, 11:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by JonCo
Uninstalling Leos cai I over tighten a bolt not paying attention. And the rest is history... This something I should worry about ASAP? Suggestions on emoving the half that's stuck in place? Wonder if a parts store carries these bolts...

Good news is the cai sold and shipped today
Did it break or are the threads stripped in the head (worst case)... I would think the fastest way to get one is a dealer. It's such a funky bolt that I can't imagine anyone just having one. If the threads are stripped you'll have to re-tap them and that I'd do with the valve cover on to minimize the metal shavings in the head....

next time don't use the 1/2 drive for the valve cover bolts

Old 2/11/08, 12:12 PM

It's official...

... Order has been placed for a polished Vortech non-I/C Centri S/C through Brenspeed.

Thanks to Tom2 for giving me the inspiration to go with this setup. If I squeak in 405-420hp at the wheels with Brenspeed's tune, I'll be one happy camper.
And when Chris gets a hold of this car in a few years, he'll be even happier.
Old 2/11/08, 12:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
'grats Bill! Been hard for me to keep quiet, I've been excited for you!
Old 2/11/08, 12:46 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Dang Jed, that sucks. Nice thinking though! A cruise, that's classic!
Congrats on the installs Brian, and that's one more for the SCal SC crew. Can't wait to see that one finished.
I doubt you would be able to find a cam cover bolt anywhere other than the dealer, and I wouldnt trust just any of them. With all the other bolts, you wont have too much stress on it, but you wouldnt want it to break.
Old 2/11/08, 02:18 PM
Cobra R Member

... Order has been placed for a polished Vortech non-I/C Centri S/C through Brenspeed.

Thanks to Tom2 for giving me the inspiration to go with this setup. If I squeak in 405-420hp at the wheels with Brenspeed's tune, I'll be one happy camper.
Wow, that's a surprise. I guess it really shouldn't be though. Didn't think you could last forever with everyone else here going FI.

Congrats Bill!
Old 2/11/08, 02:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Congrats Bill ... First Tom1, then Jed now you... POTR has found the buttons to push. The vendors should all be sending us 'Thank You' cards Can't wait to see the Vortech installed. I think I knew you would eventually go this route. Can you imagine the vids now at the "Secret testing facility".... will there be enough run-off space ?????
Old 2/11/08, 02:43 PM

Thanks guys. I'm sure this Vortech will fit my bill. I know going cooled is preferred, but taking in account the additional cost, parts and labor involved, I scrubbed it. And without that huge air/water cooler tank, it'll have a clean and less cluttered look in the engine bay (at least in my eyes ).

As simple as this install may look without the cooler, there's still plenty of work that has to be done including, swapping back in the stock pulleys, getting an extra O2 bung welded in the H-Pipe, plug change, Boost-A-Pump hookup, oil pan tap, etc, etc.

I'm just looking forward to the part of the install where I download the new tune and turn the key to START!
Old 2/11/08, 02:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congradulations Bill!

I'll follow in little over a week!
Old 2/11/08, 03:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
All this blower talk has me excited, so I thought I'd just give a quick update since it's been over a week since I dropped the car off.....

The Saleen blower is installed.....it currently has a 3.2 pulley (~11 psi). The upgraded heat exchanger is installed, as well as the Saleen Extreme inlet pipe and Steeda cai. The GT500 fuel system is going in tomorrow; with the added fuel pressure Dave was concerned about the tap that I made into the fuel rail crossover hose for my fuel pressure sender unit, so he installed a new set of factory fuel rails and crossover tube. Onto the new rails he is going to install a Steeda fuel pressure gauge adaptor, so it should be a clean look.

The install should be complete tomorrow, and then tuning begins on the dyno. We are swapping my hood and modified shaker setup for a '07 factory hood, since the blower and CDC shaker won't work- Dave confirmed this today. So I'll have my choice of add-on scoop or maybe a replacement hood this spring.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)