Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Looking Good Jon!!
thanks!
Old 2/4/08, 09:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Rotorpros group buy!

Found this on Mustang Forums...

If we can get 8 people in on this we can get special pricing on these rotors.

$225 shipped for all four rotors anywhere in the U.S! Add $65 for Hawk Pads.

We have a choice of drilled slotted, dimpled slotted, drilled only, slotted only etc. If anyone is interested let me know and we can get an awesome deal.

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_4570936/tm.htm

Luis, Brian, others...

btw, they already have at least 2 guys in on this deal.
Old 2/4/08, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by JonCo
Best place to buy guages and a pillar pod? I may be able to do gauges at the same time as the supercharger install.
When it's time for me, I'll get the Autometer Ultra-Lite II gauges (to match my Voltmeter gauge in my switch panel) and the SOS 3-gauge pillar pod.
Old 2/4/08, 09:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

We have a choice of drilled slotted, dimpled slotted, drilled only, slotted only etc. If anyone is interested let me know and we can get an awesome deal.

Luis, Brian, others...

I just saw that over there. Good deal!

When it's time for me, I'll get the Autometer Ultra-Lite II gauges (to match my Voltmeter gauge in my switch panel) and the SOS 3-gauge pillar pod.
I was looking at the SOS 2-gauge pillar for fuel pressure and boost and then whenever I added a A/F wideband I'd want that inbetween the two A/C vents in the middle of the dash.

I was looking at the autometer GS guages. I like how those are green backlit. I'm really picky. I know most poeple are doing the cobalt gauges with blue back lighting

Autometer GS, new for 2008. For those of you who didn't know.

Old 2/4/08, 10:14 PM

I was looking at the SOS 2-gauge pillar for fuel pressure and boost and then whenever I added a A/F wideband I'd want that inbetween the two A/C vents in the middle of the dash.

Autometer GS, new for 2008. For those of you who didn't know.
Between the 2 A/C vents is a good idea for the A/F wideband. Seen it placed there on a few members car, some have even squeezed in 2 gauges there.

That GS gauge looks pretty cool!
Old 2/4/08, 10:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tom281 Congrats !!! The Saleen is a heck of a blower. So many people have had great results from it and Brenspeed is an excellent tuner with it, you ought to be making tons o' power when it's all said & done. What made you change ??

I'm with Leo on the hoods the 67 looks the best, IMO.

So is it a forgone conclusion that you're going FI sometime ? SOS pillar pods FTW!

Rotorpros group buy.... Dang.... I just spend my mod money for the next month or so on the rear suspension/DS. Great price I hope I still afford it and it's still going when I'm done with this round.
Old 2/4/08, 11:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Forgot about me! I'm on the east caost of the United States but on the West coast of Florida. Whose team am I on?
That would put you on my team.
Old 2/4/08, 11:57 PM
Cobra Member

I had a Luis sighting today!

Looks like he did what he said and got the CS tinted (looks like 20%?). I tried honking the horn on the Taco and wave my arm, but with his windows up and Shaker cranked up, he may not have heard/seen me.
Hey, hazing works in getting mods done

I heard the horn and remember thinking, "Who the hel..... Then I saw you but I was too slow in thinking of a way to acknowledge it (can't have the windows down for the next three days )

Now that we are on the subject... how did the tint look? Not sure if I went to dark

I would be all for the rotorpros group buy but I'm on a mission to get my louvers and spoiler. I refuse to sidetrack.
Old 2/5/08, 12:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Luis, Brian, others...

I'm very interested. Tell me about the Hawk pads and any opinions about the slotted, dimpled, drilled options.

Congrats on the beginning of your mods Luis. We will meet sometime soon.
Old 2/5/08, 12:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
I'm very interested. Tell me about the Hawk pads and any opinions about the slotted, dimpled, drilled options.
I can't recall hearing any negative reviews on the Hawk pads. They are highly recommended by everyone I have seen.
Old 2/5/08, 12:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

And what about these... ?

http://www.mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=3736498

http://www.brakedesigns.com/home.php?cat=3660
Old 2/5/08, 12:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

I've heard some discouraging things about dimpled rotors... the *pop* I guess... I had drilled rotors on my last car and with Bill, Leo and Jed I haven't heard anything bad about them, George's are slotted...

Some people have had cracking on drilled rotors but I personally haven't seen that but I suspect that they've been hard on them ?? Then again Porsche and M-B use drilled rotors and if they were that bad they are on some great cars.

Hawk pads, everything I've seen suggests that they are a great upgrade.
Old 2/5/08, 12:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by superfly s197
(can't have the windows down for the next three days )

Now that we are on the subject... how did the tint look? Not sure if I went to dark
I hated that part. I did mine July last year and I usually have the windows down before I put on the AC and I couldn't..... bah

Well, Don't know how they look we haven't SEEN ANY PICS YET !!!!
Old 2/5/08, 12:56 AM
Cobra Member

Thank you. By the way... your car = Me and my dad love the oem theme.

Habu : I promise to get pics in tomorrow.
Old 2/5/08, 05:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Between the 2 A/C vents is a good idea for the A/F wideband. Seen it placed there on a few members car, some have even squeezed in 2 gauges there.

That GS gauge looks pretty cool!
Yeah IMO 3 gauge is alot to have on the side so I was discouraged. But saw some pictures on i think mustang forums that had a guy who put the a/f wideband in the center and I love the way it looks. Especially since the autmeter gages match stock a/c vents so well. Now I need to find the best priced GS gauges. I didn't relize how expensive the fuel pressure gauge was... The boost one is relativly cheap but the fuel and wideband. Meh.

Originally Posted by kh765
That would put you on my team.
Go East coast!

Hey, hazing works in getting mods done

I heard the horn and remember thinking, "Who the hel..... Then I saw you but I was too slow in thinking of a way to acknowledge it (can't have the windows down for the next three days )

I would be all for the rotorpros group buy but I'm on a mission to get my louvers and spoiler. I refuse to sidetrack.

I say get sidetrack take advantage of the group buy since the louver and spoiler prices wont change. Now I didn't change pads, I had originally bought them but when they came in the retaining clips were all broken. Rotorpros aws quick to help and refunded the cash. My stock pads were like new still. Saved some cash. And as far as rotors go, drilled slotted is the way to go. The dimpled version makes poping sounds on braking. And to prevent rusting of the drilled and slotted portions of the rotor buy a hi-temp clear paint and use a cuetip(that how you spell that? the things you clean your ears with, hah) and apply the paint to those sections to coat a protect them from moisture.
Old 2/5/08, 05:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
tom281 Congrats !!! The Saleen is a heck of a blower. So many people have had great results from it and Brenspeed is an excellent tuner with it, you ought to be making tons o' power when it's all said & done. What made you change ??

I'm with Leo on the hoods the 67 looks the best, IMO.

So is it a forgone conclusion that you're going FI sometime ? SOS pillar pods FTW!

Thanks Brian..... looking forward to seeing the results. Also I agree, the SOS pillar pods are the best IMO.

Or, go all out.....

Old 2/5/08, 07:39 AM

Rotorpros group buy.... Dang.... I just spend my mod money for the next month or so on the rear suspension/DS. Great price I hope I still afford it and it's still going when I'm done with this round.
If I can get my money ducks in a row, that would be a yes.

I know I mentioned to you guys about not wanting to hand down a SC'd car to Chris, but ehh.. what's another 140 hp's on top of the 300 I have now? (to the wheels!! )

On the Rotopros, if the link Ray gave is good, and is the same as buying from Rotopros direct, no reason to buy them now.

Tint darkness looks good to me.
Not sure what Torrance PD will think of them though.

Same goes for you, Brake Designs seems to have a 'everyday low price' on them, so no real rush... unless of course you want this look NOW.

Ray, going to be the guinea pig?

I (along with Leo and Jed) mainly chose the cross drilled and slotted rotors for looks. The pics I've seen of cross drilled rotors cracking were all from track guys. For us wanna be city racers, I highly doubt they'll get glowing red enough to crack.

I've heard some discouraging things about dimpled rotors... the *pop* I guess...

Hawk pads, everything I've seen suggests that they are a great upgrade.
+1 on the dimpled rotors. Some here on the forum said they couldn't stand the pop-pop-pop sound of the dimples and ended up replacing the rotors.

I've heard mixed comments on the Hawk pads. Mostly good, but a couple have reported some brake noise and/or excessive dust.
When I first switched over to the Rotorpros (re-using the stock pads), I had alot of dust for a short while. But now, it's probably no more than what a stock set-up would give off.
Old 2/5/08, 08:13 AM

I didn't relize how expensive the fuel pressure gauge was... The boost one is relativly cheap but the fuel and wideband.
Yup, the wideband costs over 300, fuel pressure 200, and the boost is a bargain at less than 60.

Originally Posted by tom281
Or, go all out.....
That's alot of gauges going on Tom!

When do you have time to look where you're going??
Old 2/5/08, 09:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by tom281
Thanks Brian..... looking forward to seeing the results. Also I agree, the SOS pillar pods are the best IMO.

Those look great !! What shift-light is that ??

Besides Boost and Fuel pressure, is a AF needed, where on a scale of 1-10 would it be ??

Jon, I've really held off trying to decide on any gauge because of those costs.
Old 2/5/08, 10:03 AM

Those look great !! What shift-light is that ??

Besides Boost and Fuel pressure, is a AF needed, where on a scale of 1-10 would it be ??

Jon, I've really held off trying to decide on any gauge because of those costs.
Me not Tom (), but almost sure he's running the Raptor shift light (same as me). SOS makes a special mount for the Raptor too.

The 3 gauges you mentioned are "must have's' for me.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)