General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/08, 06:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Leo- I like the slick look of the Saleen too. I think there's so many of them out there (ie. carshows), it's like ehh.. but don't get me wrong, at a good price, I WON'T turn it down!

Luis- Like Tom said, both the TS and Centri's make gobs of power, just need to know whether you want the boost on the low end or gradual all the way past redline. I've read that Centri's are more 'forgiving' on stock internals compared to TS's because of the linear boost.

As far as Shaker adaptation, good luck with the TS, that's my dilema now!
Old 1/30/08, 08:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
I didn't mean that in the literal sense.

back to SC's...

KB vs Whipple shootout.. both look freakin' fast to me!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...ea0023600d.htm

I believe that silver stang has a really built motor, at least it should be if it's running 10s

Don't get me wrong. The Centri's are great blowers, I prefer the TS, well any roots based blower. Being an old-school drag racing nut, they appeal to me much much more. I guess it's another reason I'm not fond of the Saleen.
Old 1/30/08, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by habu
I guess it's another reason I'm not fond of the Saleen.
I thought the Saleen Series VI were TS?
Old 1/30/08, 08:59 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I think the Saleen looks the cleanest of the TS's, but I like my power up in the rpm's a little. Surprisingly enough, my 6cyl Jeep has mucho power in the mid range, step on it, and for 190ish hp, It'll sit you back a little. I think I would go with the Vortech, but that's just me. Let's see the SoCal POTR group all get blown! I'd like to see some of you install your own as well...
Old 1/30/08, 09:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

I thought the Saleen Series VI were TS?
yeah they are, but they don't 'look' like blowers, ya know....

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Let's see the SoCal POTR group all get blown! I'd like to see some of you install your own as well...
That is the goal...

Unless some incredible deal falls into my lap, I will do the install. The Whipple instructions are almost as good as a TacoBill how-to and reading it, it all seems very straight forward.
Old 1/30/08, 09:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like alot of people got the S/C bug. I've had it for the past month. Been going alot of research into all the set-ups vs cost. I keep shying away because of the debt it'll get me into. School + SC debt + car debt/insurance = alot for a 20yr old. But I cool off then come right back and want it. haha

Actually went to my local mustang shop for the first time, dropped my car off for the LT install and we talked. He's big into procharger and vortech. Gave me a awsome awsome awsome deal on a polished vortech ho unit installed and dyno tuned. I'm prolly going to end up walking away. Lol. Tough to make mature decisions. Also have an extended warranty on the car till 70k. Another thing to think about. Tsk tsk.

Oh well LTs should satisfy me for a week or so. Maybe some shocks and struts after with some Stinger mufflers? What else should I get?
Old 1/30/08, 10:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JonCo
Looks like alot of people got the S/C bug. I've had it for the past month. Been going alot of research into all the set-ups vs cost. I keep shying away because of the debt it'll get me into. School + SC debt + car debt/insurance = alot for a 20yr old. But I cool off then come right back and want it. haha

I'm in the same situation....but then again...that's all I really have to worry about (just trying to pursuade myself)

Bill - I'll most likely get the procharger... looks cleaner and seems to fit more of my driving goals...need more research. Now to find a deal...

tom281 - yah, I think I would be more sold on a procharger. Don't stop light race so why would I need the power under 3k Decisions decisions lol
Old 1/30/08, 10:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Help

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=76729
Old 1/30/08, 11:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

KB's rule

Just some advice before you decide on anything try to take a ride in various cars with a TS's or Cenri's. Only them can you really make a personal choice. If you think you don't need the low end torque you're in la la land! Are you kinding me that's where the fun is Blood rushing to the back of your brain, its just short of flying an F18 in afterburner.

Click on the picture please! That third one sounds like the ROUSH!

Feel the burn!

Jed
Old 1/30/08, 11:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Just some advice before you decide on anything try to take a ride in various cars with a TS's or Cenri's. Only them can you really make a personal choice. If you think you don't need the low end torque you're in la la land! Are you kinding me that's where the fun is Blood ruishing to the back of your brain, its just short of flying an F18 in afterburner.

Click on the picture please! That third one sounds like the ROUSH!

Feel the burn!

Jed

Well when are you going to drive me around town?!
Old 1/31/08, 12:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Just completed and ready for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cG8OBvAs34
Bill, great video production as usual.

What software are you using? That's what I want my slide show to look like, not like the boring dog that it is.
Old 1/31/08, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by JedCranium
If you think you don't need the low end torque you're in la la land! Are you kidding me that's where the fun is Blood rushing to the back of your brain, its just short of flying an F18 in afterburner.
I have to agree. For my driving habits, I want to start feeling the boost just off idle.

Originally Posted by superfly s197
Well when are you going to drive me around town?!
Not only did I get to ride in Jed's Roush, he let me pilot it!

My car feels slow now.

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Bill, great video production as usual.

What software are you using? That's what I want my slide show to look like, not like the boring dog that it is.
Thanks Ray.

Currently using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7. I think they're up to version 8 now.
Old 1/31/08, 08:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Bad news, Good news

Bad news-Last night went to in & out (burger place for you non-cali people). The drive-thru line was long so I decided to get out. Wife stayed in the car. So I'm in their ordering when she comes in and says some dude just dinged the stang. So I go out and look and sure enough this guy put about a quarter sized ding on my passenger side door. So I go back inside to find the guy and tell he dinged my door.

Good news-Although bothered by the fact that his trip to in&out was going to cost him $100-200 he was totally cool about it and we exchanged info. After all that guy tell's me if I can get it done at a PDR which is what I was planning he would just pay me to avoid negative markks with his insurance. So I told him ok but the first time he avoids a call or delays I wouldn't hesistate to call his insurance. So anyways I got a PDR guy coming by my work to remove the dent in a few hours. His estimate with out seeing the dent was between $100-150.

What do you guys think? Should I call his Insurance company or give him a chance? If I wait do I forfeit the right to claim with his INS. company?
Old 1/31/08, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
What do you guys think?
That blows Leo..

Take a pic of it? What kind of car did he have?

Sounds like the guy is sincere (unlike Art's door dinger at the winery), so I'd give him the opportunity to settle it. How is he supposed to hook up with you to pay for the repair?

I know what you're thinking.. I should have went to McDonalds.
Old 1/31/08, 08:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That blows Leo..

Take a pic of it? What kind of car did he have?

Sounds like the guy is sincere (unlike Art's door dinger at the winery), so I'd give him the opportunity to settle it. How is he supposed to hook up with you to pay for the repair?

I know what you're thinking.. I should have went to McDonalds.
Art's ordeal was going through my head as I went to confront the guy.

(For those of you that don't know "art=mrkabc" dent deal....As were leaving the winery some chick opens her door right into his car. When he confronts her she pretty much blows him off. Then to top it off her husband go's ballastic screaming about he just got out of jail and he's on prozac etc... and try's to start a fight with Art.)

He told me to give him a call and he would either drive down and pay the guy or if the guy accepted CC he would just give him the CC# over the phone. I'm going to call the guy here shortly and tell him the PDR guy is coming around 10-11. So I guess I'll find out shortly if he's going to keep his word or try and blow me off.

I just couldn't believe that in within a couple minutes of parking it I got a dam ding. I'm just glad the wife was in the car since it was dark I probably wouldn't have noticed till today and been screwed with the bill myself.
Old 1/31/08, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

Art's ordeal was going through my head as I went to confront the guy.
Yah... unfortunately that didn't settle too well

Looks like you are already giving him the benefit of the doubt. I say good move. You have his info... so if it goes sideways, you can always take it up with the insurance. Good on him to do the honerable thing. Sorry to hear about the ding
Old 1/31/08, 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ding update-

Just called the guy and told him what's up. He was cool and said to call him when the pdr guy here. He said he'd paypal me the money which is cool with me.
Old 1/31/08, 09:30 AM

Ding update-

Just called the guy and told him what's up. He was cool and said to call him when the pdr guy here. He said he'd paypal me the money which is cool with me.
That's good to hear.

I've seen some dings taken out by those pdr guys and their work is amazing! A garage door went down on my friend's Chevy 1500 hood and put a nice ding in it. Can't see it at all once they fixed it.

btw, did you still eat your double-double or were you too upset?

Pic? Offending car?
Old 1/31/08, 09:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That's good to hear.

I've seen some dings taken out by those pdr guys and their work is amazing! A garage door went down on my friend's Chevy 1500 hood and put a nice ding in it. Can't see it at all once they fixed it.

btw, did you still eat your double-double or were you too upset?

Pic? Offending car?
Yeah I know the PDR guys do good work. Remember over a year ago I had that dent in my drivers side quater panel? That cost me $100 but you can't even tell it's there.

Acutally I was only mad the first couple minutes. Once I saw the guy was cool and willing to take care of it I stopped caring. It also helped that the dent was really minor and didn't break or chip the paint. Had it been a more serious dent and I not caught the person I would've been really ****ed. So to answer your question I enjoyed my double double.

No pics I didn't have a camera. It was a 90's gold Acura Legend.
Old 1/31/08, 11:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad that turned out ok Leo!! After watching Art deal with that azzhole at the winery it makes me want to pack some heat!

As for the supercharger, I wanted to have the saleen shaker set up. but that probably is not going to happen, I have to save that money for my ZO6 fund! The main thing I looked for in a blower was the CARB EO exemption. Because once I put it on I don't want to ever take it off again.

Great video Bill

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)