General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/25/07, 06:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Why Water Temp. I know the stock gauge doesn't show numbers but there has to be something somewhere that shows what the difference or range it displays, from that you can deduct what the temp is from the position, right ? It's more work yes but you'll have duplicate gauges.
Instead of tapping the manifold couldn't you come off the temp sensor that exists now ?

No completely sure about CDC pods but I know some require drilling holes into the dash. Not a fan of that at all so my vote would be a pillar gauge pod.
I've read that the stock gauge will show right about dead center and the temp could be anywhere between 160 and 210 degrees. Before and after the turbo install, my gauge reads a hair to the left of dead center. So I don't know if there was a change or not.

I would get a mechanical water temp gauge, not an electrical one. So, it needs a port that a bulb can be installed into.

You don't need to drill for the CDC pod, but I don't know how you get to the vent from underneath to pull the wires through. It says you can get them from the glove box. I looked and don't know how that's possible.

If I get the A-Pillar set-up, I would be happy with Water Temp (if I can find where to install the sensor) and boost/vacuum (easy to hook up).
Old 11/25/07, 06:55 PM
GTR Member

I started a thread here to see if anybody has anything to say about the one place I'm looking to install the sensor:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...65#post1053765
Old 11/25/07, 08:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I've read that the stock gauge will show right about dead center and the temp could be anywhere between 160 and 210 degrees. Before and after the turbo install, my gauge reads a hair to the left of dead center. So I don't know if there was a change or not.

I would get a mechanical water temp gauge, not an electrical one. So, it needs a port that a bulb can be installed into.

You don't need to drill for the CDC pod, but I don't know how you get to the vent from underneath to pull the wires through. It says you can get them from the glove box. I looked and don't know how that's possible.

If I get the A-Pillar set-up, I would be happy with Water Temp (if I can find where to install the sensor) and boost/vacuum (easy to hook up).
Jeez, here I was placing my faith that the stock gauge was accurate... .hahaha. If it's that bad I don't blame you. Still I'd be hesitant to tap into the manifold. But ya gotta do it for the mech sensor. At least the CDC doesn't need to drill, which is good... how to route the wires ??? I'm still too chicken to take my dash apart ala TacoBill. But I'll have to learn if I get the iPod connection thing from brandmotion. electricity & Brian, not good friends.
Old 11/25/07, 08:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
EDIT: I just went outside to see how hard it is to get wires to the vent.

I think I'll get the dual A-Pillar set-up instead! I don't know how the hell you are supposed to get wires from that CDC gauge pod.
Isn't that what I suggested a while back?
Old 11/25/07, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi y'all!

Happy belated, Bill! Lots of testosterone in the air last night, huh? Wish I could have seen you at BE.
Old 11/25/07, 08:59 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Isn't that what I suggested a while back?
Yes... but I like the CDC pod a little better. Maybe I'll stick a wire down the vent to see if I can see it through the glove box.
Old 11/25/07, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by swwake
Hi y'all!

Happy belated, Bill! Lots of testosterone in the air last night, huh? Wish I could have seen you at BE.
It was a krazy night fo' sure!

Yeah, would've been fun with you there too!
Old 11/25/07, 09:05 PM

Yes... but I like the CDC pod a little better. Maybe I'll stick a wire down the vent to see if I can see it through the glove box.
I was told from my shop (the guys that installed my gears) that installing the gage pod was a major PITA for both fitment and running the wires. I think they has to remove the dash to do the install correctly.

A-Pillar looks to be alot easier to install.
Old 11/25/07, 09:10 PM
GTR Member

I was told from my shop (the guys that installed my gears) that installing the gage pod was a major PITA for both fitment and running the wires. I think they has to remove the dash to do the install correctly.

A-Pillar looks to be alot easier to install.
That's what I'll probably do, then!
Old 11/25/07, 09:13 PM
GTR Member

Jeez, here I was placing my faith that the stock gauge was accurate... .hahaha. If it's that bad I don't blame you. Still I'd be hesitant to tap into the manifold. But ya gotta do it for the mech sensor.
Check out that thread I started. There is a removable plug that I could drill and tap to a 1/2" NPT hole - just what the sensor needs! So I wouldn't need to worry about getting shavings in the manifold.

I'm pretty sure that location would be perfect. So what if it doesn't circulate there until the T-Stat opens... I don't care what the temp is at the radiator... I care what the temp is at the engine.
Old 11/26/07, 04:04 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 281GT
More than two years ago I installed my water temp sensor in that location and the gauge works fine...
and yes the factory gauge is pretty much useless. Reads the same as long as the engine temp is within a certain range. That's why I went with an aftermarket gauge.
I guess that location will work....
Old 11/26/07, 09:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Pt.1: Hung out with Brian, Leo, George, and Jed at Lucky Strike bowl. No bowling, but had a few drinks and some good laughs!

Pt.2: Moved the party to *&%^$@# ()... no comment.
All I can say is that it involved me onstage, shirtless, getting spanked, and being paraded around the pole. Nuff said.

Sorry George you had to go to work and miss all the action.

Brian, Leo, and Jed..
Trust me guys, well worth it!

Lemme tell ya, Leo is a party animal. Had a hard time trying to keep up!

Jed, got the pic from Lucky Strike with our waitress?

btw, to keep things Mustang related, I wore my new Mustang shirt yesterday.
Good times, good times. So what did the wife say when you came home smelling like a bath and bodyworks wearing a BE shirt? Did you end up wearing it to the BBQ the next day like you planned?

It was fun. Probably the nicest hippest bowling alley I've ever been to. I've never been to a bowling alley that had a dress-code. Would have been nice to hear each other talk. Dang kids with the loud music

The other place was OK I guess. Don't get me wrong I like the eye-candy. But I don't like throwing away money. At least in Vegas you feel like you might have a chance.

Bill being paraded=priceless. But honestly We had no idea she was gonna do that. Figured it was just a lap-dance of honor grind-a-thon and that was about it.

Great to hang with Bill, Jed, George and Leo.
Yes seing Bill on stage was hillarious. I think I'll remember that forever. I wish we could've recorded it for the rest of you guys to see.

George-Thanks for the tix to D-land. I guess I'll finally get to check out "California adventure". Although for what you told me doesn't sound like there's much to it.

I think I'll take my "MACH 1" out of the shaker now.

I liked it because it was sending air into the factory air box (just like the 2003 and 2004 Mach 1's) and now it isn't doing that any more.
I say leave it JMO.

BTW-I like the CDC pod. Here's a link to the install.
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...e_pod%20TS.pdf
Old 11/26/07, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Good times, good times. So what did the wife say when you came home smelling like a bath and bodyworks wearing a BE shirt? Did you end up wearing it to the BBQ the next day like you planned?

Told her what my nice POTR friends had in store for me the next morning; she thought it pretty hillarious!

I came clean with the exception of one teeny-tiny minor detail which may or may not have happened because of the booze prior to entering this establishment and also to the fact of no witnesses being present at the time.

And yeah, not only did I wear my BE shirt to the family BBQ, but also proudly wore it to the shopping mall prior to the BBQ!
Talk about your ears burning...

Yes seeing Bill on stage was hillarious. I think I'll remember that forever. I wish we could've recorded it for the rest of you guys to see.
Ahh yes... payback will be sweet Leo.
Old 11/26/07, 09:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Told her what my nice POTR friends had in store for me the next morning; she thought it pretty hillarious!

I came clean with the exception of one teeny-tiny minor detail which may or may not have happened because of the booze prior to entering this establishment and also to the fact of no witnesses being present at the time.

And yeah, not only did I wear my BE shirt to the family BBQ, but also proudly wore it to the shopping mall prior to the BBQ!
Talk about your ears burning...

Ahh yes... payback will be sweet Leo.
I can only assume which part you left out. I'm sure you were the envy of your family BBQ. Was Kevin upset that he missed out? I'm sure it's a "payback" I won't mind.
Old 11/26/07, 10:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

If you need a good laugh. All I'll say is it involves loctite and oil pan drain plug.
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3609569/tm.htm
Old 11/26/07, 10:28 AM

I can only assume which part you left out. I'm sure you were the envy of your family BBQ.
I have no idea what you're talking about Leo, I'm taking the 5th.

My niece Amber got a kick out of my shirt!

Was Kevin upset that he missed out? I'm sure it's a "payback" I won't mind.
Kevin didn't go, but I'm sure he'll see me wearing it again sooner or later.
He's a guest here in POTR so he'll know what we're talking about when he sees it.

I'm sure you won't mind your 'payback' either.
Old 11/26/07, 10:44 AM

If you need a good laugh. All I'll say is it involves loctite and oil pan drain plug.
http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3609569/tm.htm
That's one guy who didn't read my how-to.
Old 11/26/07, 10:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm sure you won't mind your 'payback' either.
I think I'll have to pass on the party if it involves what your smilies doing.:gay:

That's one guy who didn't read my how-to.
The should be a restraining order between him and his car.
Old 11/26/07, 10:53 AM

I think I'll have to pass on the party if it involves what your smilies doing.

Don't worry Leo, we'll be sure to tell her to go easy on you.
Old 11/26/07, 12:01 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Some people should be banned from hardware and auto stores. What the crap? I like how he claims he did an engine swap on an Eclipse.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)