General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/08, 11:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
What a day yesterday! Between working on Leo's car and partying at the Lighthouse Cafe til closing time wiped me out!

In retrospect, it was a great time hangin' with the crew turning wrenches. But at the time, we all hit the wall at one time or another and wished the madness to end asap. So glad all turned out well with the headers and PHB and brace. Would like to thank Leo once again for changing the length of his Steeda PHB before setting up the new BMR one.

The Fly and I continued the party. Brian almost made it, and tried to get Leo and Jed to go, but no dice.

Here's what you guys missed...

One of a few Dizzys we hammered down..

Fly and my niece

Jager Bombs!

my sis

SoundCake rocked the house!

wasted..
What no one on stage? Singing or spilling beer? I don't think you guys were at level 10 in
drunkiness Fly is quite the ladys man there he is again on the dance floor with a Chica!

Glad you guys had fun that Dizzy is making me thursty

Jed
Old 9/14/08, 11:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
Has he even reported in after last night ?? Anyone else still sore ?

That was the first time I saw that comerical and it's Bill to a T

oh and the Seachickens are doing crappy already. 0-2 WTF How the Hell do you lose to the 49ers when you're a 9 point favorite ?

Doesn't Hockey start soon, oh wait my Hockey team sucks azz too.

I guess I'll have to turn the toob on and watch Drag Racing instead.
I'm sore my left chest hurts because Leo's DSpec was drilling into my body as I removed that PITA stud from the exhaust port on the head. Other than than I'm feeling fine

Jed
Old 9/14/08, 11:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
I'm sore my left chest hurts because Leo's DSpec was drilling into my body as I removed that PITA stud from the exhaust port on the head. Other than than I'm feeling fine

Jed
There is a line across my chest that hurts like a mother from leaning on the fenders. That and my shoulders from trying to remove an un-removable nut, right Luis, Leo ?? I still have to check my breaker bar -------

Bill looks like a good time. I'm already up later than I was last night.
Old 9/15/08, 12:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry you didn't get to install your parts Brian.
Old 9/15/08, 12:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

yeah but what can you do ? The install was a whole lot tougher than we thought. Still I might be able to get them installed for me for 100 bucks or so... I might just do that. I might install 'em myself this week ?? I dunno. I feel that I must get them install before Barona. Just don't think that I can pull off a decent burnout with the DRs without 'em.

Last edited by habu; 9/15/08 at 12:38 AM.
Old 9/15/08, 10:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Leo.. I'm glad that the car is running good! I am still sore but had a great time messing around with the guys. I'm sorry I had to bail early but thanks for having me over!

Great pics Bill and Jed!

Looks like Luis and Bill had a great time!!!

Brian was the workhorse!! He gets the MVP award and he totally owned that step stool

Ok I'm off to sleep, have a great day guys!!!
Old 9/15/08, 10:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by USMC0341
Looks like Luis and Bill had a great time!!!

Brian was the workhorse!! He gets the MVP award and he totally owned that step stool
We did! The rest of you foo's better not miss the next Lighthouse party. This time I'll give out a 2 month advance notice.

Brian for sure deserves the MVP award that day. Without him, who knows what would've became of Leo.

And I came across this on George's myspace page... sorry George, I have to.

Old 9/15/08, 10:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Diggin' the bling......
Old 9/15/08, 11:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

I didn't think I did any more than anyone else there. We all worked hard. But I did pwn that stool

Tell me someone got a pic of the aftermath

If George hadn't gotten the passenger side in we would have been screwed. That seriously saved us.
Old 9/15/08, 11:43 AM

But I did pwn that stool

Tell me someone got a pic of the aftermath
Jed did...

It died a horrible death. But, Kevin said he can rebuild it! Stronger and better!! (kinda like my motor)
Old 9/15/08, 11:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Kevin said he can rebuild it! Stronger and better!! (kinda like my motor)
In that case it should be ready to use in 6 months
Old 9/15/08, 12:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Jed did...

It died a horrible death. But, Kevin said he can rebuild it! Stronger and better!! (kinda like my motor)
I do feel bad about that.

Yo Leo, when you get this... Looks like we're doing the line-locks at your place. Called two places today and they want 200+ to install.F that noise. It'll take us a little bit to bleed the brakes but we will be able to knock it out no problem and save some scratch too.
Old 9/15/08, 12:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Robbieg
In that case it should be ready to use in 6 months

Does anyone have pics of the headers pre install and or after install. I was looking at the passenger side header and it looks to hav about a quarter sized dent on one of the foward most tubes. Not sure if it comes like that or what.
Old 9/15/08, 01:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

Does anyone have pics of the headers pre install and or after install. I was looking at the passenger side header and it looks to hav about a quarter sized dent on one of the foward most tubes. Not sure if it comes like that or what.
without that ding in the second cylinder the bolt would not have been able to be inserted into the head, much less use a wrench on it. I think we have pics of the two pre-install side-by-side... if they show that detail ?? I am glad it was there.

It's not entirely unusual for a ding here or there on the header. I know some people have to do that on the long-tubes for clearance with the steering shaft.

Unless you're thinking or seeing something completely different.

Oh just got off the phone with Pierre ? at Woodside. Dropping the car off as close to 8am as I can and he should finish at or before noon.

Luis This mean we gotta be ready to leave at the butt-crack of dawn to get down there in time.... well maybe not but earlier than I expected.
Old 9/15/08, 01:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Found picture in Brian's album of headers fresh out the box. You can see the dent in this pic. So I guess they're made that way. Not sure why they did that as there's plenty of clearance in that area.
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...t=IMG_0550.jpg

Just called JBA and they said it's normal that they do that for clearance of the stock studs.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 9/15/08 at 01:10 PM.
Old 9/15/08, 01:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

There isn't room. Well after the bolt was tightened down there is but I could not have gotten the bolt into the head without it. It's exactly where I thought it was right over cyl 4 exhaust

Last edited by habu; 9/15/08 at 01:09 PM.
Old 9/15/08, 01:15 PM

We can only hope Robbie.

Well, at least you feel better about that clearance dent. Now stop worrying about them and be glad the rusted manifolds are gone.
Old 9/15/08, 01:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

without that ding in the second cylinder the bolt would not have been able to be inserted into the head, much less use a wrench on it. I think we have pics of the two pre-install side-by-side... if they show that detail ?? I am glad it was there.

It's not entirely unusual for a ding here or there on the header. I know some people have to do that on the long-tubes for clearance with the steering shaft.

Unless you're thinking or seeing something completely different.

Oh just got off the phone with Pierre ? at Woodside. Dropping the car off as close to 8am as I can and he should finish at or before noon.

Luis This mean we gotta be ready to leave at the butt-crack of dawn to get down there in time.... well maybe not but earlier than I expected.
Yeah him and his dad own the shop. He was the guy that installed mine. What did he qoute you at?
Old 9/15/08, 01:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

We can only hope Robbie.

Well, at least you feel better about that clearance dent. Now stop worrying about them and be glad the rusted manifolds are gone.
That's true dent or not dent they look 10000000 times better than the rusty manifolds.
Old 9/15/08, 01:29 PM

That's true dent or not dent they look 10000000 times better than the rusty manifolds.
No offense to the rusty manifold guys, right?

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)