General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/07, 10:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
Sorry to hear that it was so messed up. Even still did you at least get some numbers to share ??
Brian I did not stick around, if I had I would have been there a total of 7 hrs in 100+ heat and humidity, I just can't do that in my old age, plus no one should have to wait that long, more then an hour or two is past reasonable in my opinion.

I'll just go schedule an appointment with a place who has a Dynojet and get 3 pulls. There are a bunch around here that will do that for less then $100. They wanted $200 for 1-3 pulls and tune. If you did one pull = $200, 2 pulls = $200, 3 pulls = $200, hows that work...........................

Old 8/21/07, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I don't think Phil stuck around to get his car up on the dyno. After hanging around for hours on end waiting for his turn and still not getting any closer to the dyno rollers, I think he called it a day.
On top of all the stuff that went on, we find out the Dyno numbers were inflated as a result of not correcting the results. I new when a guy with pulleys, deletes, cai, stingers and tune can lay down 325RWHP that something was off, especially in 100+ heat and humidity. YIKES
Old 8/21/07, 11:00 AM
Cobra Member

Oh and I'm beginning to take a beating in the S197 Forums for being honest.................... I guess reality is a perception. Oh well TMS is home, only reason for S197 was the Dyno Day thread

I'm half tempted to publish the PM I sent and call BS on these guys, Joe included. I better step away form the table................................
Old 8/21/07, 11:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by philster2003
I new when a guy with pulleys, deletes, cai, stingers and tune can lay down 325RWHP that something was off...

That makes no sense to me at all.

Uncorrected with that temperature and humidity, the HP/TQ numbers should be way DOWN as it records the actual values in the environment that it's in.

SAE Corrected HP/TQ numbers compensate for the temperature and humidity at the exact time the readings are being recorded. This is the only true reading that anyone should pay attention to for comparison of mods and tunes.

Given the example above, I don't understand how 325 RWHP was achieved with just those mods. If the results were uncorrected, that number should be way down. If corrected, I'm throwing up the flag.
Old 8/21/07, 11:13 AM

Oh and I'm beginning to take a beating in the S197 Forums for being honest...
Please post the link, I need a good laugh.

For the most part, TMS compared to other Mustang forums is 2 steps above in maturity level.
Old 8/21/07, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

Please post the link, I need a good laugh.

For the most part, TMS compared to other Mustang forums is 2 steps above in maturity level.
Agree with the maturity level comment whole heartedly!

OK Bill here it is. The fun starts on page 3 at post # 95. I just published the PM I sent Joe to start this all off as he chose to reply to me not by PM but in the forum. I have now walked away and will not reply any longer no matter what is said. I'm comfortable with the facts I published, the thread validates what I said. All I did is cut and paste into a PM with additional event day observations.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1303
Old 8/21/07, 12:10 PM
Cobra Member

You will see I'm starting to take a beating. But I'm also receiving PM's that say they have had experience with Dyno Joe and are much less then thrilled.

You would have had to be there but I know you guys would not have put up with what took place. Just the answers and feedback from Joe in the thread is an indicator he still doesn't get it. Its hard when the person can't understand or is in total denial.

And I bet most won't speak up because they don't want to get flamed. When I talked to a few during the event they weren't thrilled to say the least.

What have I started..........................better put my armor on and fire retardant long johns. Like I said I'm not posting anymore to the thread, its a no win.
Old 8/21/07, 12:25 PM

I read through it, and like you said, not worth replying any more.

Being D-joe's and 'official site vendor' there, of course you'll get flamed for any blasphemous comments you make against him!
Old 8/21/07, 05:15 PM
Cobra Member

Well interestingly enough I was banned this afternoon in the S197Forum. Not sure why, I thought I kept all my posts and comments extremely professional. It is weird as I've never been banned before.

This is home and I'll be safe here with all my pals who will protect me. Its really not safe out there fellas ha
Old 8/21/07, 05:49 PM

Phil's been ???

I always thought that you Texans were always causin' trouble!

j/k man, don't sweat it, all the rest are just TMS wannabe's. This is the site that started the S197 movement.
Old 8/21/07, 05:52 PM
GTR Member

Sorry to hear you were banned, Phil...

----------------------

On an unrelated topic, I thought you guys would like to take a look at my newest "cache" on the Geocaching thing I brought up awhile back.

This one is a "Puzzle" cache, and anybody here can tell me the answer (you don't need to be logged in, nor do you need to be in FL):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...c-aa794ad67fdd

PM me the answer!

People in the area will go to the given coordinates (that you would see if you were logged in), and they will look by the correct light pole. Under the skirt of the light pole, they will find a container with a log book to sign.
Old 8/21/07, 06:37 PM
Cobra Member

You asked John............................
Yes I did and I am sorry to hear that the event sucked. Believe it or not I was thinking of attending it. I it seems like it is a long ways to go for a tune but it would have been a win-win-win situation if it all came together.
1st win- The wife and I get to see are grandbaby.
2nd win- I get dyno tuned by Doug.
3rd win- I get to hangout with other gearheads.

But alas, it was not to be. That he thought that Doug was worth $400 to tune your car... He was on drugs for sure. Maybe for a FI but a NA??? I got to get me some of those drugs!

Oh well, we will be coming out September 28-30 for my granddaughters 1st birthday party. Might even bring the stang when we go. I might even have time to swing by... Spring is on the way to my sister-in-laws place in Tomball. We will have to see.
Old 8/21/07, 07:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Well interestingly enough I was banned this afternoon in the S197Forum. Not sure why, I thought I kept all my posts and comments extremely professional. It is weird as I've never been banned before.

This is home and I'll be safe here with all my pals who will protect me. Its really not safe out there fellas ha
To ban you shows a total lack of consideration for your opinion.
All you did was state it in a professional manner.
I thought the S197Forum was a good source of info, but apparently they have admins with attitude.
(They may just be pandering to paid advertisers.)
I did get a laugh out of the Kenneth guy. Around here, everything is within a short drive. Even NY,NY is a 250mi. trip. To go 400 mi. for a tune WTF. I thought I went a long way to get to a master tuner 'cause it took me a half hour.
I have been to more than one "Dyno day" at my tuner and everything runs casual and smooth (of course a lot cooler). He does a lot of cars (some with tuning) and all goes well.
He has tuned some of the quickest cars on this forum. There is no need IMO for the chaos you describe.
Old 8/21/07, 07:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you were banned for that ?!?!?!?! OMFWTFBBQ

Someone needs a

Terribly sorry it turned out that way. Live and learn I guess, be the poor sucker that showed up at o-dark-thirty and be the first to leave I guess.

What a Cluster uck
Old 8/21/07, 07:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Sorry to hear you were banned, Phil...

----------------------

On an unrelated topic, I thought you guys would like to take a look at my newest "cache" on the Geocaching thing I brought up awhile back.

This one is a "Puzzle" cache, and anybody here can tell me the answer (you don't need to be logged in, nor do you need to be in FL):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...c-aa794ad67fdd

PM me the answer!

People in the area will go to the given coordinates (that you would see if you were logged in), and they will look by the correct light pole. Under the skirt of the light pole, they will find a container with a log book to sign.
PM Sent
Old 8/21/07, 08:35 PM

PM me the answer!
I don't get this game at all. Lightpoles? Skirts?

I'm sure it's fun though...
Old 8/21/07, 08:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

So Cal peeps....

Check this out, there are people getting together for a day at the Fontana track on Dec 1st... many months away but it's good to plan early. It's not San Diego, Bill, so the GQ might get to see some track time ????

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_36047...tm.htm#3741474
Old 8/21/07, 10:49 PM
Cobra R Member

That's so weird Phil, I have no idea why you got banned. After what you said here, I thought it was going to be a lot worse than you said. It really wasn't much at all.

I guess other forums really aren't as mature as this one. Even with some of the 6er hate I find at the Source, it's still an awesome site. This and the Collective are by far the 2 best Mustang forums.
Old 8/22/07, 03:40 AM
GTR Member

I don't get this game at all. Lightpoles? Skirts?

I'm sure it's fun though...
Seriously?

Figure it out and send me a PM!
Old 8/22/07, 08:03 AM

Figure it out and send me a PM!
Okay, I get it now.

Not much of a game seeing how you can just plug in the questions in Yahoo. Guess it can be fun if you want to put your new GPS to use.

I'm guessing you won't be filling your inbox with answers (except for Brian) so I'll just answer it here.

It's under pole 1 or 9.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)