Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Old 7/23/07, 02:53 PM
  #10681  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
I knew he couldn't take the pic correctly but did know how to burnout.
I want to do one of those burnout pics now.



Originally Posted by pville piper View Post
I was thinking of doing a video but now...

FWI According to Gus at Steeda - "the alternator bolt we provide is 8mm x 1.25 thread pitch, 50mm long."
Chicken.

Now that you have your bolt info, run to the hardware store!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 03:32 PM
  #10682  
Cobra Member
 
pville piper's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 10, 2005
Posts: 1,003
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I want to do one of those burnout pics now. Chicken.
Now that you have your bolt info, run to the hardware store!
Too far, but I will driving right past it tommorrow so I will get the darn thing then.
pville piper is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 03:41 PM
  #10683  
Cobra R Member
 
kh765's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,967
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pville piper View Post
Too far, but I will driving right past it tommorrow so I will get the darn thing then.
And when will they go in?
kh765 is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 03:44 PM
  #10684  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I want to do one of those burnout pics now.
After this weekend, obviously, if you want to go to "the spot" I'll bring my camera. I want to try a couple new things anyway.
habu is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 06:01 PM
  #10685  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
After this weekend, obviously, if you want to go to "the spot" I'll bring my camera. I want to try a couple new things anyway.
Sounds tempting, but after 8 hours in the sun, I may be in no mood for Mustang stuff.

Who knows though, maybe I'll feel enthusiastic after the show.

What new things you want to try?
TacoBill is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 06:11 PM
  #10686  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I got thru with detailing the engine bay and cleaning the inside of the wheels. Man, I'm tired.

I also installed my shiny new MGW oil dipstick cover. I'll do a mini write-up on it later for kicks.

These are the stuff I used to clean the engine bay (not incl. the Adam's In & Out, I'll do that on Saturday). Attachment 30311

Rag on left was from the engine bay (see, my engine does get dirty, although I have no idea how! ), right one was used on the wheels. Attachment 30314

Bay after a good cleaning. Attachment 30312 Attachment 30313

Inside of wheel shot. I know.. Attachment 30315
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_5798.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_5803.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_5804.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_5805.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_5807.jpg  

TacoBill is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 06:27 PM
  #10687  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
Sounds tempting, but after 8 hours in the sun, I may be in no mood for Mustang stuff.

Who knows though, maybe I'll feel enthusiastic after the show.

What new things you want to try?
No I meant that this weekend was out of the question. Some weekend after that would be more appropriate.

I'm doing the small show/cruise at John Force Racing on Saturday evening and then R&R Sunday. You're not the only one that'll be beat.
habu is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 06:28 PM
  #10688  
Cobra R Member
 
kh765's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,967
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lookin good Bill. I wish the inside of my wheel wells looked that clean! I envy you...
kh765 is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 07:58 PM
  #10689  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
No I meant that this weekend was out of the question. Some weekend after that would be more appropriate.

I'm doing the small show/cruise at John Force Racing on Saturday evening and then R&R Sunday. You're not the only one that'll be beat.
2 shows and a cruise, less than 12 hours apart? You are nutz! LOL!!!

I get it now about the photoshoot.
You never did mention what you want to try out.



Originally Posted by kh765 View Post
Lookin good Bill. I wish the inside of my wheel wells looked that clean! I envy you...
Kyle, nothing to envy. It's the result of not driving a car I make monthly payments on. Wait, Brian's not nuts, I AM!!!!!!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 08:17 PM
  #10690  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
2 shows and a cruise, less than 12 hours apart? You are nutz! LOL!!!

I get it now about the photoshoot.
You never did mention what you want to try out.




Kyle, nothing to envy. It's the result of not driving a car I make monthly payments on. Wait, Brian's not nuts, I AM!!!!!!
Wanting to try.... Burning out in 2nd. I think if I could "cheat" a little and use some water the results could be a better smokier burnout and better pictures. Of course if it doesn't work I'd kill the clutch.
habu is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 08:56 PM
  #10691  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu View Post
Wanting to try.... Burning out in 2nd. I think if I could "cheat" a little and use some water the results could be a better smokier burnout and better pictures. Of course if it doesn't work I'd kill the clutch.
I'm not entirely sure that's a great idea, at least doing it a lot. If you had the 4.10's ( ), you may be able to get away with launching in 2nd and not stress any of the clutch and transmission components.

When I had the 3.55's, I could launch hard in 1st, then power shift into 2nd (when it redlined), and able to keep the tires smoldering until the rear end got a little watoosee, then I back off on the gas.

I like the water idea though.
Reminds me of an ad I saw back in the day called 'Insta-Burnout'. Kit comprised of a couple water nozzles aimed just in front of the rear tires, a solenoid, and a toggle switch. I wanted one bad!
TacoBill is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 09:23 PM
  #10692  
Cobra Member
 
pville piper's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 10, 2005
Posts: 1,003
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
I like the water idea though.
Reminds me of an ad I saw back in the day called 'Insta-Burnout'. Kit comprised of a couple water nozzles aimed just in front of the rear tires, a solenoid, and a toggle switch. I wanted one bad!
Back in high school we used to dump some clorox on the tires... Makes a really smokey burnout.
pville piper is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 09:56 PM
  #10693  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pville piper View Post
Back in high school we used to dump some clorox on the tires... Makes a really smokey burnout.
That couldn't have been good for the rubber.
TacoBill is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 10:24 PM
  #10694  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGW oil dipstick handle write-up is up!
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...168#post969168

TacoBill is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 10:48 PM
  #10695  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This one's a surprise... I gave the website permission to go through my hotlinks and use whatever, guess they found one.


Classic Design Concepts Shaker System Install

Installing Classic Design Concept's Shaker System for the 2005-2006 Ford Mustang.
  • Author: Bill
  • Comments: 0
  • Reads: 7,780
TacoBill is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 10:54 PM
  #10696  
Cobra R Member
 
kh765's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 8, 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,967
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill View Post
This one's a surprise... I gave the website permission to go through my hotlinks and use whatever, guess they found one.


Classic Design Concepts Shaker System Install

Installing Classic Design Concept's Shaker System for the 2005-2006 Ford Mustang.
  • Author: Bill
  • Comments: 0
  • Reads: 7,780
We have a star in the house ladies and gentlemen!

That's pretty cool Bill.
kh765 is offline  
Old 7/23/07, 11:36 PM
  #10697  
Team Mustang Source
 
habu's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 14, 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,477
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Bill !! That is very cool indeed.
habu is offline  
Old 7/24/07, 12:35 AM
  #10698  
Mustang Fanatic
 
LEO_06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 24, 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,407
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Bill.
LEO_06GT is offline  
Old 7/24/07, 06:21 AM
  #10699  
Cobra Member
 
pville piper's Avatar
 
Join Date: November 10, 2005
Posts: 1,003
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Lord... Bill may have to get a convertable if this keeps up as his his might not fit in the door!




Looks good Bill and that's cool that CDC is using your write up.
They aren't the first are they?
pville piper is offline  
Old 7/24/07, 09:30 AM
  #10700  
 
Join Date: September 23, 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 10,036
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys. Write-up is on Mustang Life, not on CDC's website. Nonetheless, it's pretty cool.


On a different subject, here's something ugly. This is what happens when you combine 9 psi of boost with bad luck. Car only had 19k miles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zySLiOdxZCs&NR=1
TacoBill is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.