General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/29/07, 03:18 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
This is in another post on the forum but I was curious as to what the regular crew here are car wise.

Me, I am a
Chevrolet Corvette!

You're a classic - powerful, athletic, and competitive. You're all about winning the race and getting the job done. While you have a practical everyday side, you get wild when anyone pushes your pedal. You hate to lose, but you hardly ever do.

Take the Which Sports Car Are You quiz.
I'm a Ferrari 360 Modena!

You've got it all. Power, passion, precision, and style. You're sensuous, exotic, and temperamental. Sure, you're expensive and high-maintenance, but you're worth it.

(the funny thing is, though... I checked NOT high-maintenance)
Old 3/29/07, 04:13 PM
Cobra R Member

This is in another post on the forum but I was curious as to what the regular crew here are car wise.

Me, I am a
Chevrolet Corvette!

You're a classic - powerful, athletic, and competitive. You're all about winning the race and getting the job done. While you have a practical everyday side, you get wild when anyone pushes your pedal. You hate to lose, but you hardly ever do.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper

You've got it all. Power, passion, precision, and style. You're sensuous, exotic, and temperamental. Sure, you're expensive and high-maintenance, but you're worth it.

(the funny thing is, though... I checked NOT high-maintenance)
Does anyone else find it ironic that y'all two have the almost identical car, looks-wise.

They could have at least chosen Ferrari yellow. Oh wait, the corvette has that color now too.
Old 3/29/07, 04:32 PM
Cobra R Member

My newest mod

Here's my latest mod to the car:

I'm thinking about painting the groves BLACK, to give a nice contrast. Unfortunately, though, I don't have the car with me (I traded for the F250 the next two weeks ). Not a terrible trade, but now I really want to see what it'll look like.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-cupholder.jpg  
Old 3/29/07, 04:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I took that test last week, I'm a Vette like Daryl. A friend of mine was a 911.

Originally Posted by mikes rx
Here's my latest mod to the car:

I'm thinking about painting the groves BLACK, to give a nice contrast.
Painting the grooves will be a first, haven't seen that one done yet. I have the same satin bezel, but not the coin holder.

btw- Like Tom, I just layed the bezel into place. Didn't use any velcro or tape. Makes cleaning the cup holder area a snap.
Old 3/29/07, 05:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Painting the grooves will be a first, haven't seen that one done yet. I have the same satin bezel, but not the coin holder.

btw- Like Tom, I just layed the bezel into place. Didn't use any velcro or tape. Makes cleaning the cup holder area a snap.
thanks for the advise on just laying it in there. I'll have to see if I like it like that (or if it "flops" around too much).

I thought I had some black electrical tape laying around here, and I was going to put that inside the grooves just to see how it would look with black.

But, I think I'm definitely going to do something with the grooves. IMO, it needs something there as an "accent" to take away from all the silver.
Old 3/29/07, 05:10 PM

thanks for the advise on just laying it in there. I'll have to see if I like it like that (or if it "flops" around too much).

I thought I had some black electrical tape laying around here, and I was going to put that inside the grooves just to see how it would look with black.
The bezel hardly moves at all, you'll be surprised.

The tape is a good idea! If trimmed properly, you may want to leave it like that. No worries with chipping and peeling. Change your mind down the road? No prob! Just peel it off.
Old 3/29/07, 05:22 PM
GTR Member

Yep, doesn't move at all!
Old 3/29/07, 05:39 PM

Tom, not rehash the compressor topic, but more of an update.

Leak was way slower than I thought. It only lost something like 20psi in a day. Like you suggested, I turned the 'out' pressure to zero. I'll check on Saturday to see where it's at.

Old 3/29/07, 05:55 PM
Cobra R Member

The tape is a good idea! If trimmed properly, you may want to leave it like that. No worries with chipping and peeling. Change your mind down the road? No prob! Just peel it off.
I found my electrical tape.

Here's a pic with the front part in black. It's not the best (I just left some excess running down the opening), but it gives an idea of what it looks like.

BTW, I forgot to say that I copied Leo and painted the calipers black (I used semi gloss). I forgot to take pics, so I can't show y'all until next week. Sorry.

EDIT: see updated pics
Old 3/29/07, 06:04 PM

I found my electrical tape.

Here's a pic with the front part in black. It's not the best (I just left some excess running down the opening), but it gives an idea of what it looks like.
That's an interesting look... I like it!

I'd like to see the whole thing striped and in place inside the car. I'm not sure what the width is, but you may be able to get some black pinstripping for a perfect 'in-groove' fit.
Old 3/29/07, 06:10 PM
Cobra R Member

That's an interesting look... I like it!

I'd like to see the whole thing striped and in place inside the car. I'm not sure what the width is, but you may be able to get some black pinstripping for a perfect 'in-groove' fit.
I've already pulled off those small pieces...I don't have the car with me, so I wouldn't be able to see what it looked like anyway. It was just to give an idea.

I'll go fishing around my dad's stash of pinstripe and other stuff when I go back there next week. Hopefully, I'll find something close, because it's hard to cut the electrical tape straight (because it stretches when holding it).

But, what I've thought since I first saw them was to just spray it with paint, just like we did the "GT" on the SHR medallion. Either way, I want to see what it's going to look like in the car before attempting anything "major".
Old 3/29/07, 08:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not a huge fan of the cup holders, but laying the tape or paint in the grooves helps them alot.

as far as the quiz...
You're not subtle, but you don't want to be. Fast, loud, and dramatic, you want people to notice you, and then get out of the way. In a world full of sheep, you're a raging bull.

Old 3/29/07, 08:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
I'm not a huge fan of the cup holders, but laying the tape or paint in the grooves helps them alot.

as far as the quiz...
You're not subtle, but you don't want to be. Fast, loud, and dramatic, you want people to notice you, and then get out of the way. In a world full of sheep, you're a raging bull.

I passed one of those on my way home from work today (in the Ranger of course).
Same color.
It got out of MY way. (Nobody messes with a delivery type truck going 85mph.)
Hey I came out as a MUSTANG.
Old 3/29/07, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I look like a bug.

You're sporty, yet practical, and you have a style of your own. You like to have fun, and you like to bring friends along for the ride, but when it comes time for everyday chores, you're willing to do your part.
Old 3/29/07, 10:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You are a Mercedes SLK!

You appreciate the finer things in life. You have a split personality - wild or conservative, depending on your mood. Wherever you go, you like to travel first class. Luxury, style, and fun - who could ask for more?
Old 3/29/07, 10:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by karman
It got out of MY way. (Nobody messes with a delivery type truck going 85mph.)
+1 You got that right

I long ago in another life I drove a delivery truck. You get used to owning the road. The only thing I hated is that everyone driving a car thought your truck could stop as quick as a car could when they got in front of you
Old 3/29/07, 10:35 PM

The only thing I hated is that everyone driving a car thought your truck could stop as quick as a car could when they got in front of you
A big semi crushed the rear end of my first car (a 78 Celica) on the freeway that way, couldn't stop in time.
Maybe I should've given him more room before cutting in.
Old 3/29/07, 11:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

That sucks. The only time I hit anything is backing up at a gas station some old-guy was in a Fairmont directly behind me and in my blind spots. Cracked his plastic grill but that was about it.

Hey, on another subject....

Got band exhaust clamps from a Napa for $10 a piece !! But the exhaust leak is getting worse, it should be OK driving to Gardena and back to Whittier so I can fix it before CBad Saturday, right ?

On the Bamatune... where is your idle normally. Mine is about 800-900 and sometimes hangs at around 1000 and I have to blip the throttle before it drops to 750 and raises back to the 800-900. It's a little annoying.

Does yours trumpet right around 2500 or so ? I find I don't get on the car as much as I used to to avoid unwanted (police) attention. I noticed this week driving it I rarely go above 2500 and short shift to fifth. In doing so I'm getting about 12mpg. Does this all sound right ?
Old 3/30/07, 12:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm a Chevrolet Corvette!

Finally got my 3M tape from CDC although I think it's only enough for one louver. I'll find out tomorrow when I try and install them. I'll also be putting on the rocker stripes. I'll make sure to post pics when I'm all done.
Old 3/30/07, 05:56 AM
GTR Member

On the Bamatune... where is your idle normally. Mine is about 800-900 and sometimes hangs at around 1000 and I have to blip the throttle before it drops to 750 and raises back to the 800-900. It's a little annoying.

Does yours trumpet right around 2500 or so ? I find I don't get on the car as much as I used to to avoid unwanted (police) attention. I noticed this week driving it I rarely go above 2500 and short shift to fifth. In doing so I'm getting about 12mpg. Does this all sound right ?
When I start the car, the idle is above 1000 and then when it warms up, it drops to 800-900. This was the same when the H-Pipe was on.

As far as the trumpeting, yes it was right around 2500. That's when the exhaust sound would go from good to awful in that window where it would brrrrrreeeeeppp. In the higher gears it was more noticable because you go through that window slower and it would trumpet longer. At the right speeds and in the right gear it would just BE in that window breeeeeeep-ing away.

But my gas mileage is always right around 21mpg, and the H-Pipe didn't really change that. Not sure if how you are driving would drop it down to 12mpg.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)