General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/07, 03:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Steve- Sorry man, I knew your name, but didn't put 1 and 1 together!

Leo- I'll call you later today about going to Brian's tomorrow.

Brian- Did I mention a 1/2 drive set?? The whole job can be done using 3/8 drive sockets. But, having a 1/2" set can always come in handy.
I'll be calling you later today as well about tomorrow.

John- C'mon bud.. I knew you were kidding! This is for you..
I was getting a bit worried about you, haven't seen you around TMS lately.
On the Cal Duster, I had one for the 944, worked perfectly. I think it has some kind of parafin wax or something, not sure it'll play nicely with Zaino. Mine doesn't get too dirty anyway, so an occasional spritz of Z-6 takes care of things for me.

Tom- Yeah, I had Sticky Pod on the brain! Still do, just ordered a fisheye lens for my camcorder!
Old 3/24/07, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'll tell you what, I'll start a thread in the TMS Member area, I know Brad frequents that section.
Response from Scott (after talking to Brad)..

Paypal, automatically sets subscriptions to renew (not just for our site either), i think you have to go in and change it after you have signed up to prompt.

If you do the card payment through the site, Brad said he believes its setup to notify you 30 days prior to expiration. I dont have access to that part at the moment and he's not in front of a computer to verify.

Old 3/24/07, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John- C'mon bud.. This is for you..
Thanks, I needed that!
I've been pretty busy lately now that spring has sprung and all that, posting is sometimes too time consuming when you get too far behind on posts. I am hoping to get my windows tinted soon but work has been crazey lately. I also bought a red EJECT button from MGW... It will be my first interior mod so to speak.
Old 3/24/07, 03:55 PM

Check your tire pressure!

If it has been a while.. better check your tire pressure.

Mine was aired sometime around May 06 when I did the alignment. 10 months later, here's what my gauge read...

DRV front: 24 psi
DRV rear: 25
PASS front: 24
PASS rear: 24

Should be 32 psi!

Can't go by the look of the sidewall, mine looked perfect.
Old 3/24/07, 04:00 PM

My first paint chip!!!

While airing my front tires this morning, I found 2 small chips in the CDC spoiler!

It was a matter of time, can't help from getting chips in a painted lower spoiler. Did my best to touch it up, turned out better than the yellow beneath the paint.

They reall are tiny, probably wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't within inches of it.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2396.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2398.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2399.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2401.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_2402.jpg  

Old 3/24/07, 04:28 PM
Cobra Member

See what happens when you drive it!

Old 3/24/07, 04:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
While airing my front tires this morning, I found 2 small chips in the CDC spoiler!

It was a matter of time, can't help from getting chips in a painted lower spoiler. Did my best to touch it up, turned out better than the yellow beneath the paint.

They reall are tiny, probably wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't within inches of it.
I've got two chips that look exactly like that on my front fender.
I am waiting for my paint to come from your end of the world.
http://www.expresspaint.com/
Old 3/24/07, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by pville piper
I also bought a red EJECT button from MGW... It will be my first interior mod so to speak.
Nice! Susan has the same 'Eject' button! Use it with caution..

That's it! It's staying in the garage from now on!

Originally Posted by karman
I am waiting for my paint to come from your end of the world.
http://www.expresspaint.com/
I heard Paint Express has some great paint products. When my T/U paint dries up, I'll pick up one of those pens.
Old 3/24/07, 06:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That sucks. Good thing you posted this because I've been considering painting mine to match for the last couple days. I was thinking since I've yet to get any chips on mine that it would be safe to paint. But I guess the textured paint on mine is a little more durable than if I were to go with the glossy look.
Old 3/24/07, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
That sucks. Good thing you posted this because I've been considering painting mine to match for the last couple days..
Painted lower front spoilers are like magnets for road debris. Just look around at the carshows and you'll see.

btw- Left a msg on Brian's cell. He must be out on a hot date or something.

edit: He just called, and I was right, he went out.
Old 3/24/07, 07:27 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time to trade her in
Old 3/24/07, 10:04 PM
GTR Member

If it has been a while.. better check your tire pressure.

Mine was aired sometime around May 06 when I did the alignment. 10 months later, here's what my gauge read...

DRV front: 24 psi
DRV rear: 25
PASS front: 24
PASS rear: 24

Should be 32 psi!

Can't go by the look of the sidewall, mine looked perfect.
I'm really surprised by the way the BFG g-Force T/A's hold their air pressure. I keep mine at 30 psi front and back to help with the ride comfort (it's amazingly better than 32 psi, which I told you about before, Bill).

Anyway, I haven't checked them since our first trip to Tampa for the MOSI show and back then I made sure they were all dead on 30 psi. I checked this morning and all 4 were still on 30 psi - exactly. And with driving it 4 to 5 days a week to work, and with Florida's hot and cold changes, that's pretty good.

Glad you remembered your cause I thought you were serious.

Geez, I drive mine every day and don't have any chips on my matte black chin spoiler.

But, seriously, I know that wouldn't work with your theme.
Old 3/24/07, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Time to trade her in
Ha ha.

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Geez, I drive mine every day and don't have any chips on my matte black chin spoiler.
You get one too.

But, seriously, I know that wouldn't work with your theme.
Talking to me or John? Guessing me, and you're right.. I would not even entertain the thought of a matte black spoiler.
Old 3/24/07, 10:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Time to trade her in
A-hahahahahahahahaha
Yeah Bill, I'm sure Chris wouldn't mind

The California Duster works great !! I use mine all the time. No scratches at all.

Got a set of 1/2 Drive Deep 6-pt sockets and a swivel. Will get the Anti-sieze tomorrow morning. I have everything else, I think. I'm looking forward to getting the pypes on !

Leo, One of these days/nights I gotta go down there and check out the racing scene. I'd love to try it a couple of times at least.

John You'll have to let us know about the MGW shifter. I love the Hurst look but can't really get a very good transition/quick shift 1-2nd going and I think a smoother shifter, Pro5.0 or MGW, might be the way to go.
Old 3/24/07, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by habu
A-hahahahahahahahaha
Yeah Bill, I'm sure Chris wouldn't mind
And, not to leave Brian out..
Old 3/24/07, 10:14 PM

Got a set of 1/2 Drive Deep 6-pt sockets and a swivel. Will get the Anti-sieze tomorrow morning. I have everything else, I think. I'm looking forward to getting the pypes on !
I'll bring along some anti-sieze tomorrow, don't sweat it. Also packing some extra tools just incase.

Should be fun! (for Brian.. Leo and I will point, take pics and instruct mostly )
Old 3/24/07, 10:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'll bring along some anti-sieze tomorrow, don't sweat it. Also packing some extra tools just incase.

Should be fun! (for Brian.. Leo and I will point, take pics and instruct mostly )
Cool thanks.

I'm sure there will be enough kibitzing going around.

BTW, I chose 1/2 'cause sometimes you just can't get enough torque on a 3/8 drive and especially w/exhaust stuff it wouldn't hurt.

Call me if you have any problems finding the place.
Old 3/24/07, 10:23 PM
GTR Member

Talking to me or John? Guessing me, and you're right.. I would not even entertain the thought of a matte black spoiler.
Yes, you. I wouldn't either on your car. I'm glad my theme is white and black, and not white and blue or something.

You were too quick - I added some stuff about tire pressure above. Drive with all your tires at 32 psi to Brian's tomorrow, and take a pressure gauge along. Take out 2 psi from each tire and see how the ride improves for the ride home. It's not night and day, but little bumps and reflectors on the road are less noticeable. You can always change it back to 32 psi when you get home if you want.
Old 3/24/07, 10:24 PM

BTW, I chose 1/2 'cause sometimes you just can't get enough torque on a 3/8 drive and especially w/exhaust stuff it wouldn't hurt.

Call me if you have any problems finding the place.
Careful there Hercules... nothing worse than hearing the 'Snap!' of an exhaust manifold stud! Or just as worse, a forced cross-thread!!

1/2" drives have their place and purpose, just be careful around the exhaust stuff.

Got you cell# programmed.
Old 3/24/07, 10:27 PM

Drive with all your tires at 32 psi to Brian's tomorrow, and take a pressure gauge along. Take out 2 psi from each tire and see how the ride improves for the ride home. It's not night and day, but little bumps and reflectors on the road are less noticeable. You can always change it back to 32 psi when you get home if you want.
Ehh, true about the 2 psi difference in ride quality, but more of a hassle for me. I have no air compressor at the garage, so I have to go to the service station for air.

Besides, having that extra 2 pounds gives me 3 more months.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)