General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/06, 10:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
I like the CDC Detail Corral, but at $179..

One mod That's on my mind is getting a set of FRPP 4.10 gears installed... hmm...
I've thought about the CDC detail corral but it doesn't look like it will hold to many things. I think grand design mat.com has a better option for a alot cheaper although it doesn't hold anything.

I want gears but I'm hoping my friend at SDMC gets them on his car first so I see if I like it or not.
Old 11/21/06, 10:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
No... just a kidder.

There... I added something. You guys never told me when you changed your struts to shocks.

The moleskin won't hinder them when tinting? Or make it more difficult to tint? I mean when they have to slide the tint down the window far because the window comes down when the door opens...
There you go Tom I changed it to "Strut tower cover" happy now.
I'm sure the guys at the tint shop have plenty of experience.
Old 11/21/06, 10:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
You guys never told me when you changed your struts to shocks.
I know they're struts, but if MWAG advertises them as 'shock covers', well then I guess we have shocks!

The moleskin won't hinder them when tinting? Or make it more difficult to tint? I mean when they have to slide the tint down the window far because the window comes down when the door opens...
Should be a non-issue. It would be the same as tinting the 99% of cars out there with the felt already on from the factory.
Old 11/21/06, 10:54 AM
GTR Member

I know they're struts, but if MWAG advertises them as 'shock covers', well then I guess we have shocks!
Know the difference between shocks and struts? Basically, you can take off shocks and still drive the car (might be a little bouncy). Struts are part of the suspension. We definitely can't drive the car without the front struts, so we most positively do not have front shocks.

Should be a non-issue. It would be the same as tinting the 99% of cars out there with the felt already on from the factory.
OK, I'll take your advice and put them on before tinting.
Old 11/21/06, 11:01 AM

[quote=89Trooper;784927]You guys never told me when you changed your struts to shocks.
Know the difference between shocks and struts? Basically, you can take off shocks and still drive the car (might be a little bouncy). Struts are part of the suspension. We definitely can't drive the car without the front struts, so we most positively do not have front shocks.
Thank you Tom for clearing that up. Funny though how nobody at MWAG doesn't know the difference between the two, and if they did, why decide to call hte shock tower covers? Possibly because it's more 'shocking'!

Tom's taking my advice??
Old 11/21/06, 11:05 AM
GTR Member

Thank you Tom for clearing that up. Funny though how nobody at MWAG doesn't know the difference between the two, and if they did, why decide to call them shock tower covers? Possibly because it's more 'shocking'!
I wonder, too, why they have that incorrect.

Tom's taking my advice??
I took your advice on the radar detector! Works great - got an alert coming home last night and then passed the cop 1 mile later. He was also moving, so that means I picked him up 2 miles ahead.
Old 11/21/06, 11:21 AM

I took your advice on the radar detector! Works great - got an alert coming home last night and then passed the cop 1 mile later. He was also moving, so that means I picked him up 2 miles ahead.
Great! Now we know that your detector's inards are intact and functioning.

I bet you picked up the K band signal...
Old 11/21/06, 03:35 PM
GTR Member

Great! Now we know that your detector's inards are intact and functioning.

I bet you picked up the K band signal...
Yep, it was in the city and they use K. The Troopers use the Ka.
Old 11/21/06, 04:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Finally got around to taking some pics of my hood struts after removing the CDC stickers and painting the brackets.

Before

After (Bolt Caps included)

Pics of the Chin Spoiler w/hood closed. (Click here for more)

Old 11/21/06, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Finally got around to taking some pics of my hood struts after removing the CDC stickers and painting the brackets.

Pics of the Chin Spoiler w/hood closed. (Click here for more)
Much better than the 'before' shots for both the hood strut brackets and the chin spoiler.

Wait til the new wheels go on... it'll take on a new personality altogether!
Old 11/22/06, 01:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Much better than the 'before' shots for both the hood strut brackets and the chin spoiler.

Thanks Bill. FYI- I bought the wheels from Steve last night. Nice guy even installed them for me. I'll post pics later today. First impressions are they look kick a$$ really completes the look of the car. The BF Goodrichs are also way better than the crappy Pirelli's that come on the 17" rims. Looks like I'm only a couple mods away from being done with the exterior.
Old 11/22/06, 06:09 AM
GTR Member

+1

Thanks Bill. FYI- I bought the wheels from Steve last night. Nice guy even installed them for me. I'll post pics later today. First impressions are they look kick a$$ really completes the look of the car. The BF Goodrichs are also way better than the crappy Pirelli's that come on the 17" rims. Looks like I'm only a couple mods away from being done with the exterior.
Looking forward to the pics! Are those the stock BFG tires like Bill has? If so, they are pretty much identical performance wise to the Pirelli tires as far as treadwear and traction. Don't worry if you feel a tad more of the road - you have a bit less sidewall now so you'll have a little less flex built in to the tires.
Old 11/22/06, 07:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Happy Birthday Bill!!!!!
Old 11/22/06, 07:29 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by swwake

Happy Birthday Bill!!!!!
AGAIN!!!
Old 11/22/06, 07:42 AM

Happy Birthday Bill!!!!!
Thanks, Sis!!!

AGAIN!!!
And thanks again, Tom!
Old 11/22/06, 07:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Happy Birthday Bill!!!!!
+3

AGAIN!!!
+2
Old 11/22/06, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
+3 +2
Thanks Daryl! =5
Old 11/22/06, 11:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!

+1

Looking forward to the pics! Are those the stock BFG tires like Bill has? If so, they are pretty much identical performance wise to the Pirelli tires as far as treadwear and traction. Don't worry if you feel a tad more of the road - you have a bit less sidewall now so you'll have a little less flex built in to the tires.
Yeah they're exactly like Bill's. Maybe it's just in my head but the felt as if they had more grip. Maybe because they're brand new. So 35,000+ miles from now when those go bye bye will a 255 or higher fit on that rim?
Old 11/22/06, 11:38 AM
GTR Member

Yeah they're exactly like Bill's. Maybe it's just in my head but the felt as if they had more grip. Maybe because they're brand new. So 35,000+ miles from now when those go bye bye will a 255 or higher fit on that rim?
Same grip - close enough so you wouldn't notice. Both have the same 400,AA,A rating. The tread pattern is slightly different, but that's more for channeling out water. The 400 is the softness or the grip.

Where are these pics??

Yes, you can go up to a 255mm wide tire on the stock rims. I'm sure they are 18x8" rims. Most aftermarket 18s are 18x9" to allow wider tires, but you can almost always go 20mm wider on a stock rim.
Old 11/22/06, 12:20 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!
Thanks Leo!

Where are these pics??
+1

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)