General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/06, 04:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Richard finished up my car about 30min ago. He's been working on it non stop since 9am. Reason it took so long is because I asked for swirl removal which according to him is one of the most time intensive things he does. He took plenty of pics so I'm sure he'll post them later tonight. I re-oiled my filter and removed my engine cover today. Now all that's left is the engine bay and interior which I'll knock out Saturday at Kevin's (Bill's Bro-in-law). Bill you up for another photoshoot Saturday?

Here's a sneak peek of what the car looks like with the chin spoiler. I took this one last night.
Old 11/16/06, 07:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill from my understanding the Knotts Berry Farm is like one of if not the biggest mustang show in Socal. It's usually filled well in advance and if I remember correctly there was something like 500 cars last year. Placing in that show would be something to write home about.
I'll be entering for sure!
I think my club will be organizing a group entry of some sort.

Well Richard finished up my car about 30min ago. He's been working on it non stop since 9am. ...Now all that's left is the engine bay and interior which I'll knock out Saturday at Kevin's (Bill's Bro-in-law). Bill you up for another photoshoot Saturday?
Hope Richard didn't charge you by the hour!

Yes, Saturday is the final detail day. I'll PM or e/m you the details.

Photoshoot sounds like a good idea. But, no big burnouts! It'll leave a mess in the wheel wells to clean up.
Old 11/17/06, 07:32 AM
GTR Member

Had a great time at the Jack Roush Show... got both cars signed!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=56442

I got 3rd in my class. It was a Roush show and since I don't have one single Roush product on my car, I thought I wouldn't place at all. Chuck (Boltzman) got 1st place in our class. His is a very nice, clean car, too... with a Roush front fascia and some Roush cap covers (oil, radiator, etc.).

Car looks great, Leo!
Old 11/17/06, 07:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 89Trooper

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=56442

I got 3rd in my class. It was a Roush show and since I don't have one single Roush product on my car, I thought I wouldn't place at all. Chuck (Boltzman) got 1st place in our class. His is a very nice, clean car, too... with a Roush front fascia and some Roush cap covers (oil, radiator, etc.).
Awesome. Got a pretty unique feature on both cars now
Old 11/17/06, 07:57 AM

Whew! That was close!

For a second there, I though you let Jack sign your dash.

If I had Jack, Steve, or the man himself, Carroll, sign my car, it probably be the same place, or possibly the radiator cover.

All in all, glad you placed and had a good time at the show (except for your thumb).

btw- Where's the trophy shot?
Old 11/17/06, 08:18 AM
GTR Member

Awesome. Got a pretty unique feature on both cars now
Wonder if I should clear-coat them?

For a second there, I though you let Jack sign your dash.
If I had a Roush, or even a Roush supercharger, or even some Roush products I may have considered it. But with no Roush stuff, hidden was the best. Took Dave and me awhile to find a good spot on the cars.

btw- Where's the trophy shot?
I really didn't take many pictures. The awards were plaques, and I'll post a pic later when I take one.
Old 11/17/06, 08:28 AM
GTR Member

The H in H-Pipe = History.
Old 11/17/06, 08:34 AM

I really didn't take many pictures. The awards were plaques, and I'll post a pic later when I take one.
Haha! I was wondering if you got a picture with Jack! Was that the wife posing with him too (sorry, my memory is fading... )?
If so, it looks like you collected alot of siggys on that cap.

You look like Mr. Ford too! I would've worn a Mickey shirt and had him sign it.
Old 11/17/06, 08:35 AM

The H in H-Pipe = History.
Quick Daryl! Hit Tom up for the 'Good Guy' price before he throws it up on eBay!
Old 11/17/06, 08:37 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Was that the wife posing with him too (sorry, my memory is fading... )?
If so, it looks like you collected alot of siggys on that cap.
Yes, that is her... and that's my dad's hat - he does have a lot of sigs on it. And that is Dave getting his shirt signed.
Old 11/17/06, 08:44 AM
GTR Member

Quick Daryl! Hit Tom up for the 'Good Guy' price before he throws it up on eBay!
I drove the '06 on the way to the show (1 1/2 hour drive). In 5th gear at 90-95 MPH you go through that RPM window slower so you can really tell what's going on. As you start to approach 2500 RPM, you start to hear a "flapping", like something is loose. Then it starts to get louder and more "tinny". It's the same sound you hear in the other gears, but you go through the RPM window so much faster.

Dave drove the '06 on the way home. Sometimes it sounds awesome! Sometimes, when he shifted next to me and floored it (and he was in that RPM window), it sounded like total crap.

Ever hear a good sound system in a car, but the license plate shakes and vibrates? Sounds good inside, but behind the car it sounds like crap and you're like, man, fix that stupid thing.

I may have tried the other mufflers, but when hearing the car from the outside - no way will I drive it sounding like that. I don't even want to drive it to work today, so I think I'll take the Ranger.

Hope that vibrating didn't/doesn't do any damage to the mufflers?? Or is it just a resonate frequency being heard? Frequencies can break stuff - like glass. Hope the Flows are a little tougher than glass!
Old 11/17/06, 08:46 AM

... And that is Dave getting his shirt signed.
That's your buddy, Dave??

I though he was some Okie from Muskogee! (Sorry, that was mean)

Better not tell Dave I said that, or I'll kick you in the nutz.
Old 11/17/06, 08:57 AM

... when he shifted next to me and floored it (and he was in that RPM window), it sounded like total crap.

... no way will I drive it sounding like that. I don't even want to drive it to work today, so I think I'll take the Ranger.
Tell us how you really feel about the O/R H. ...j/k

Like I said, it's not for everyone, and thank God for that. I wouldn't like it if every 05+ was running around with an O/R pipe. I wouldn't be special anymore.

Daryl, don't let Tom's comments turn you off, Leo and I love our pipes!
Old 11/17/06, 04:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats on the win Tom. Sorry you didn't like the H-pipe I really thought you would. Now you can give it to Daryl as an X-mas present.
Old 11/18/06, 07:39 AM
GTR Member

Congrats on the win Tom. Sorry you didn't like the H-pipe I really thought you would. Now you can give it to Daryl as an X-mas present.
Thanks!

Mike already took off his Edelbrock mufflers for me to try, so I guess I'll throw them on and see if it makes a difference. I'll know by the end of my street, since just normal acceleration causes the "trumpet" to occur.
Old 11/18/06, 09:48 AM

Let us know how the Edlebrocks make any difference at all. btw, do they have 4" rolled tips?

On the westcoast... Leo and I will start the final prep today for our Sunset carshow.
Like I mentioned to Leo, tomorrow may be the longest day of my life if I decide to camp out at my local Target store for tomorrow's release of the Nintendo Wii. They will open at 8am and I have to be at Sunset Ford by 9am.

This is going to be fun.
Old 11/18/06, 10:55 AM
GTR Member

No... the tips look just like stock tips (one reason why I don't like them).

I think I changed my mind again. I already have one race car, so I don't need another one sounding like that. The Flows are deep and mellow, no drone, no trumpet - I think I'll go back to the way it was.

Have fun at Target!
Old 11/18/06, 06:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry to hear you weren't happy with your O/R H I really thought you'd like it. BTW-Bill's been a Target since about 3pm. He's going to be miserable tomorrow.
Old 11/18/06, 07:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like I mentioned to Leo, tomorrow may be the longest day of my life if I decide to camp out at my local Target store for tomorrow's release of the Nintendo Wii. They will open at 8am and I have to be at Sunset Ford by 9am.

This is going to be fun.
Your definition of fun is different than mine. I think between the PS3 and the Wii it's gonna be nutz til 2Qtr 2007...

Speaking of exhaust, I got the shipping confirmation from Jegs, I'll get my FRPP X-Pipe and Stingers next week in time for the weekend AND I bought the Hurst Shifter from GrayPny, he went to the Pro 5.0, so next weekend will be busy. Woo Hoo My first performance mods...

Next Up C&L, SCT X2 and a Bamatune !!!
Old 11/18/06, 08:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trophy pic...
And whats wrong with having Jack sign the dash Bill? jk
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-cimg0971.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-cimg0962.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-cimg0950.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-cimg0951.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)