General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/06, 09:48 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Horsehockey!

I am just waiting for Talladega and Dallas to play.
<Why the hades do they BOTH kave to be on at the same time>

Lurks around some more...................
Old 10/8/06, 12:13 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I kinda had to point out this thread...

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=54615

For some reason I like one of his comments.
Old 10/8/06, 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Are you going to add that to your show off pages???
Old 10/8/06, 03:19 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Are you going to add that to your show off pages???
I think I'll leave those pages to manufacturer's websites only. And maybe any trophies that I win (if any).
Old 10/8/06, 06:31 PM
GTR Member

Evil Robot Lady

I couldn't believe it when I saw this in the latest issue of Mustang Enthusiast. Bill, Daryl, Susan, and Karman will appreciate this the most. And it shows Leo, Mike, and others what we went through when ordering our cars:

"It was worth the wait," says Bill (not our Bill). "There was a phone number available to dealers only to check the status of a vehicle on order. Using some connections (Kzinti?), I was able to get it and started calling on a daily basis. The system uses voice recognition, and inquiries are answered by a female voice recording. She was dubbed the 'Evil Robot Lady' by those of us waiting for the delivery of our cars. She could break your heart or make your day. Mostly, it seemed like she took great joy in breaking hearts."

Those were the days..............
Old 10/9/06, 08:23 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wuz there!

Mr. K. and me exchanged a few PM`s at the end .

Thats how I wuz invited here. Mine came kinda quick compared to y`alls tho.
Old 10/9/06, 08:26 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by KdF
I wuz there!

Mr. K. and me exchanged a few PM`s at the end .

Thats how I wuz invited here. Mine came kinda quick compared to y`alls tho.
Sorry! I couldn't remember if you ordered or not. I checked your sig and didn't see any ordering dates. I guess I should have entered our old budy Tony (the video-we-never-got guy). I'm still wondering what happened to him.
Old 10/9/06, 08:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Which do you guys think looks better.

1 The brushed lid
http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=993
2 The polished lid
http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=994
3 Leave as is

Looking for opinions on engine mods. I'm planning on getting what you see on my future mod list for the engine bay and was thinking of also getting cap covers for the washer fluid,brake fluid, and power steering. Do you think it's to much? Should I just stick with what's on my mod list?
For me, I would get the brushed finish because it'll match with the Shaker sill plate and will give the SCT chrome emblem more POP!.

For a daily, I don't recommend the chrome for anything. That goes for fuse box cover, radiator shroud (especially), and the MGW oil and radiator caps. In fact, MGW suggests that you use your OEM caps for daily use and swap the chrome ones in only for shows.

I've seen several chrome radiator shroud covers installed on dailys and they were all scratched to heck.

I suggest that if you do go for the chrome look, only put them on for shows.
Old 10/9/06, 06:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well after hearing Tom's and Bill's opinions on the engine bay dress up I've decided to not get the upr caps. I'll only be buying the brushed fuse cover and the a/c valve caps from them. I am going to order all three of the mgw caps though. Still undecided about the cupholder bezel. The wife doesn't really like it and I'm not sold on it either. Either way these engine mod purchases won't happen untill after I get my chin spoiler and decide wether or not to paint it. Which reminds me I have to get in touch with that guy.
Old 10/9/06, 06:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

While were on the subject of engine mods I have something else I can't decide on. Should I buy the Brushed radiator cover or should I wait for MWAG's painted covers? If you think I should get the painted rad cover do you think I should get it in black or maybe a silver to compliment the brushed looked?
Old 10/9/06, 07:57 PM
GTR Member

I'll only be buying the brushed fuse cover and the a/c valve caps from them.
Those two things should be a great match! Going to put your SCT emblem on the brushed fuse cover? Would look great since the chrome emblem won't get lost in the cover.

While were on the subject of engine mods I have something else I can't decide on. Should I buy the Brushed radiator cover or should I wait for MWAG's painted covers? If you think I should get the painted rad cover do you think I should get it in black or maybe a silver to compliment the brushed looked?
I am totally, totally against any radiator cover. The polished one sucks because it shows EVERY scratch, fingerprint, water spot, and dimple around the installation bolt heads. The brushed one because it is such a huge area that ends up looking dull. I haven't seen MWAG's painted cover yet, so I don't know about that one until I see it. If you get the brushed one, make sure you get it from a place that accepts returns. That way... if you don't like it, all you are out is the shipping charges.
Old 10/10/06, 01:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm not sure I'm going to put the SCT emblem on since I'm not a fan of putting company emblems or decals on my car. Unless of course they want to sponsor me and give me some freebies. I know I have CDC,Flowmaster and K&N logo's on my car but those are by default since they come on the item.

Here's a link to the MWAG rad cover.
http://www.midwestautogear.com/galle...2_enterAlbum=0
Old 10/10/06, 08:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I actually like it on the TR as displayed, but on your Black car, I don't see the point
I vote
Old 10/10/06, 09:12 AM

It looks good, but I don't think I'll get it.

From the pic, it looks rather dull and not glossy. I'm curious about the long term durability of the paint being on the flimsy plastic. Concerns would be dis-coloration, peeling and chipping.
Old 10/10/06, 10:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I don't think MWAG would put out a crappy product but I do agree that it doesn't seem to match the cars paint. Although I'd have to say this is the best radiator cover option out right now. I don't like the other brushed and chromed ones that are out now because they're just a cheesy looking tacked on piece.
Old 10/10/06, 10:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Having some major ordering time indecision woes right now. I can't bring myself to order the chin spoiler because I don't want to pay the extra $45 to have it in a flat black when I may end up painting it. I know there's the possiblity that I'll like it but just that odd chance that I don't.

Where's everyone been these past few days?? There's not much action in here.
Old 10/10/06, 10:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Bill- I received the Adam's in & out spray yesterday. I'm surprised by how fast it got here. I ordered Friday or Saturday night I can't remember now. I'll be in your area the weekend of the 20-22 so I can meet you somewhere or just drop the can off at Kevin's house if you want.
Old 10/10/06, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Where's everyone been these past few days?? There's not much action in here.
Present and accounted for. Lurking...
Old 10/10/06, 10:54 AM

Having some major ordering time indecision woes right now...
If you're still flip flopping the issue, that means that you want it painted.
Bite the bullet and order it unpainted, take it to your painter, then be done with it.

Bill- I received the Adam's in & out spray yesterday. I'm surprised by how fast it got here. I ordered Friday or Saturday night I can't remember now. I'll be in your area the weekend of the 20-22 so I can meet you somewhere or just drop the can off at Kevin's house if you want.
Either way if fine, thanks for giving me one.
I'll be gone Saturday afternoon, planning to go on the Edlebrock Tour and Lunch at their facility in Torrance!

I want to try it out the Adams spray on the honeycomb front grille as it's probably the only dirty part on my car! I just don't have the patience to clean each section on that grille with a Q-Tip.
Old 10/10/06, 10:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by swwake
Present and accounted for. Lurking...
You & Bill both

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)