General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/9/09, 09:45 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
The TireRack sells the inflation unit and any FORD dealer can sell you the SVT foam holder and strap.
The foam holder is for putting it in place of the spare tire, correct?

If I wanted to do something else with it, like another hidden compartment, all I need is the inflation unit, right?

Thanks Jed.
Old 10/9/09, 09:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
The foam holder is for putting it in place of the spare tire, correct?

If I wanted to do something else with it, like another hidden compartment, all I need is the inflation unit, right?

Thanks Jed.
Ya the foam holder is just that, it's so you can remove your spare tire, jack and jack tools. You don't have to use the holder it just give you that OEM look. The fact is if you don't use it you can pack more stuff in your spare tire well if you decide to remove the tire.
Old 10/9/09, 09:57 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Ya the foam holder is just that, it's so you can remove your spare tire, jack and jack tools. You don't have to use the holder it just give you that OEM look. The fact is if you don't use it you can pack more stuff in your spare tire well if you decide to remove the tire.
Thanks Jed. I'm looking to move my amps from the amp rack I made behind the seats, to putting them in the floor in the spare tire well. Just an idea I had. Maybe even put the subs down there in a custom box under a false floor and some plexi. It'll make a good winter project.
Old 10/9/09, 11:41 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I dont think there's enough room for the subs...what about stacking the amps on top of each other...and btw, you never posted pics of your completed system!
Old 10/9/09, 11:47 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I dont think there's enough room for the subs...what about stacking the amps on top of each other...and btw, you never posted pics of your completed system!
Well I can't now. That f***ing amp crapped out on me and now I've put another in its place but its bigger than the space I allowed for the first amp. Then the amps don't match either. It sounds good, but the finish detail in teh trunk has been ruined. And I don't feel like paying $800 for another f***ing amp just to have the ******** not honor the warranty.

Though I didn't spend $800 for the first one. It was $450. But it'd be $800 to buy it from a reputable retailer.
Old 10/9/09, 11:50 PM
NTTAWWT

maybe throw one amp in the wheel well, and leave one amp in the middle, surrounded on both sides by subs?
Old 10/9/09, 11:56 PM
Post *****

2 amps in the spare wheel well with teh crossover and then 2 subs facing the rear in the trunk.

Yippee I get to build another box for the subs.

I could always go back to one twelve in the Scosche box I have that goes in the Shaker 1000 spot.

Put one 10 in the vert, and the other 10 in the Bronco.
Old 10/9/09, 11:59 PM
NTTAWWT

yeah right, stay with the awesome sound you've got now, just redesign it! When you've got enough power to dim the lights, I say keep it...atleast until I get to check this out
Old 10/10/09, 12:02 AM
Post *****

Lights don't dim anymore...well they might rattle a little bit.

I've got the 200 amp alternator, wire thicker than a horse's d***, and the Optima battery.
Old 10/10/09, 10:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by FormerGmc
Ray,

Took the pulley off tonite.

Time to remove pully: 15 minutes.

Time to get the small guide pin out of the blower snout: 1 hour!

Time to install new pulley: I'll let you know tommorrow, I need to rest my back tonite!
Cool! I've found when you predict a worse case senario things always go better than planned. So what's the update? See a stone cold motor is the secret.

Ahhhh! Just got done cleaning the engine bay its been dirty since the Queen Mary show. Tomorrow heading out to Ventura for the Tri County Mustang show. My tax guy is going to meet me at the show he's a stang fanatic too. I'll find out what I'm going to get back for 2008, yes I filed for an extension haha!

Last edited by JedCranium; 10/10/09 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10/10/09, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

"See a stone cold motor is the secret."

It's the secret for getting it off. Now I need to find the secret for getting the new one on! Its got about half way on and tthen the M8 bolt broke in the snout! I hate cars!

Ray. follow the previous advice!

Take it to a shop. It's kinda looking like I am going to end up there after I remove the blower and find a shop to take it to!
Old 10/10/09, 01:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the secret for getting it off. Now I need to find the secret for getting the new one on! Its got about half way on and tthen the M8 bolt broke in the snout! I hate cars!

Take it to a shop. It's kinda looking like I am going to end up there after I remove the blower and find a shop to take it to!
Sorry to hear that Steve.

One of these days I will find time to take it to a shop.
Old 10/10/09, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man

Thanks Ray!

I'm thinking I may try an easy-out first. Actually, I think I have learned enough to do it right the next time. It's just that learning can be a *****!
Old 10/10/09, 04:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks Ray!

I'm thinking I may try an easy-out first. Actually, I think I have learned enough to do it right the next time. It's just that learning can be a *****!
Holy crap! did you install that pully dry or debur the pully hole? I read that some guys added some antiseize and they rolled up some ultra fine sand paper to help that beatch along. Just an idea I don't know if that's what FORD spec's but Fk'um if it works try it. That pully isn't going to fly out under any conditions anyway. Sorry to hear it's such a pain in the azz. I think we need a moment, ah that feels better! So what are you doing right now? Are you thinking of taking it to Chicane or are you going to attempt the extraction with an EZ out. Just a word of caution if that EZ out snaps your going to be in a world of chit because it going to be difficult to maybe impossibe to drill it out. If that does happen I heard of a process where you can weld a rod to the broken bolt and then turn it out. Call me if you need help.

Jed
Old 10/10/09, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I was thinking an ez out. I also might wimp out, remove the blower and take it to Chicane. I'm not in the mood to attack it right now.

EDM is another possibility.
Old 10/10/09, 09:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I was thinking an ez out. I also might wimp out, remove the blower and take it to Chicane. I'm not in the mood to attack it right now.

EDM is another possibility.
Ya I hear ya, Ah EDM...Electric Discharge Machining. So looks like Monday might be the soonest you could get it to a shop. Hey Steve check this guy out...

The BoltGuy>

Last edited by JedCranium; 10/10/09 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10/10/09, 10:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm ahead of ya!

I sent him an email this morning!
Old 10/11/09, 01:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Lunch time... happy Sunday!

Taking the beast out for a short cruise this afternoon.
Old 10/11/09, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Lunch time... happy Sunday!

Taking the beast out for a short cruise this afternoon.

Show off.
Old 10/11/09, 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Show off.
Sorry!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)