General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/09, 11:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Internet again.

I didn't take offense or even think that you did say anything against me. It's just the stupid emissions crap. But I guess if the air is cleaner in California then that's cool too.

Only thing with the breathers is cleaning the oil off the valve cover on the passenger side.
cool.

Emission crap, yep
Cleaner air in CA, nope
(that being said in all honesty it's good to have emissions on the cars and if we keep the performance car market alive the MFGs will figure out how to have high-performance clean emission cars, so I don't complain too much about it)

The breather that Leo and I have, on the pass side, does not drip oil. Have had it on for about a month with zero oil anywhere.
Old 12/11/09, 11:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Ray Man
I can't wait, this should be good!

I photographed a high school soccer game in the rain today. I thought this image was really cool.

did she take her shirt off after winning the game and where is that shot

j/k great shot Ray
Old 12/11/09, 11:35 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
cool.

Emission crap, yep
Cleaner air in CA, nope
(that being said in all honesty it's good to have emissions on the cars and if we keep the performance car market alive the MFGs will figure out how to have high-performance clean emission cars, so I don't complain too much about it)

The breather that Leo and I have, on the pass side, does not drip oil. Have had it on for about a month with zero oil anywhere.
Maybe I need to make sure mine is clamped on then. I am running 11 pounds of boost though.

Although I don't even use the boost that often. It's not exactly safe. It's like trying to kill a fly with a 44 magnum.
Old 12/11/09, 11:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JedCranium, FormerGmc+, habu+, Iceknyght, LEO_06GT+, Ray Man+, USMC0341+

Dang were all online don't you people party late into the evening? Modelo going down! I love going out on these wet nights!

J

Last edited by JedCranium; 12/11/09 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12/11/09, 11:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Maybe I need to make sure mine is clamped on then. I am running 11 pounds of boost though.

Although I don't even use the boost that often. It's not exactly safe. It's like trying to kill a fly with a 44 magnum.
I'm at 10lbs. 1lb. shouldn't make *that* much of a difference. Is it a straight shot from the valve cover into the breather ?? Ours has a sort of baffle so

I think I'm gonna make a couple White Russians to help the evening along

vodka = in the freezer
Old 12/11/09, 11:44 PM
Post *****

I'm at 10lbs. 1lb. shouldn't make *that* much of a difference. Is it a straight shot from the valve cover into the breather ?? Ours has a sort of baffle so

I think I'm gonna make a couple White Russians to help the evening along

vodka = in the freezer
Straight shot. No baffle. It just sits on top. I think its the same as Bills. It should be anyway.

No booze over here. Well I've got some but its 12:43 not 10:43 over here. The wife bought some Christmas cookies at the bakery and I've been hitting those pretty hard.
Old 12/11/09, 11:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Straight shot. No baffle. It just sits on top. I think its the same as Bills. It should be anyway.

No booze over here. Well I've got some but its 12:43 not 10:43 over here. The wife bought some Christmas cookies at the bakery and I've been hitting those pretty hard.
I'll post a pic as soon as I can find one. Might help oil getting all over everything.

That being said, not trying to beat a dead horse. For me the breather is a temp solution. Once I figure out how/where to mount the catch can that I have it'll replace the breather.

http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfmbilletvalv...mustanggt.aspx

In the part that goes into the cover is the baffle the actual breather is a straight shot.

Last edited by habu; 12/11/09 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12/11/09, 11:53 PM
Post *****

At approximately 200 miles a month the breather works fine for me. So many other things to do first.

Brake ducts and PIAA lights are in the box waiting to go on the car in the Shelby lower grille set up. I was gonna try to install tomorrow.
Old 12/11/09, 11:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Good action shot Ray. Nice foregrond, centering, and background work.

Did you even know it would be a good shot when you were about to take it, or was it only on seeing it afterward that you knew?

How many photos did you take of the game as a whole. 100? 200? Just curious how many photos a professional takes. I always see the photog guys on the sidelines in the football games.
I took a little over 300 shots in about an hour, my movement was limited because of the rain and it was getting dark fast. I can usually visualize the image just before it happens. It's a lot about anticipating the action.

did she take her shirt off after winning the game and where is that shot
Just wait until you have a daughter.
Old 12/11/09, 11:59 PM
Post *****

I'll post a pic as soon as I can find one. Might help oil getting all over everything.

That being said, not trying to beat a dead horse. For me the breather is a temp solution. Once I figure out how/where to mount the catch can that I have it'll replace the breather.

http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfmbilletvalv...mustanggt.aspx

In the part that goes into the cover is the baffle the actual breather is a straight shot.
OH! I see now. That's a replacement for the oil fill cap! I just have a breather where the vac line goes into the valve cover from the intake. I still have the stock oil fill cap.

So I'm guessing thats my problem then, huh? All that pressure going through that little opening.
Old 12/12/09, 12:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

At approximately 200 miles a month the breather works fine for me. So many other things to do first.

Brake ducts and PIAA lights are in the box waiting to go on the car in the Shelby lower grille set up. I was gonna try to install tomorrow.
There's always something to do on the car. I'm hoping to get new upper strut mounts and end-links going on sometime soon. It never ends

Just wait until you have a daughter.
That'll be easy, I'll just make sure you're not there to take pics and post up to a bunch of dirty old-men

OH! I see now. That's a replacement for the oil fill cap! I just have a breather where the vac line goes into the valve cover from the intake. I still have the stock oil fill cap.

So I'm guessing thats my problem then, huh? All that pressure going through that little opening.
possibly, could be part of the problem. I'd imagine opening up the oil cap would reduce the pressure by a bunch. The breather is kind of expensive but it might be worth it.
Old 12/12/09, 12:38 AM
Bullitt Member

I can't wait, this should be good!

I photographed a high school soccer game in the rain today. I thought this image was really cool.

Not bad, dude, not bad! Great facial expression. We you at max zoom? I used to shoot at night games, "ASA 3200" developed in HC-110 Replenisher! Holy black eye sockets!

My mother-in-law's here until Tuesday - no M&E for me...
Old 12/12/09, 01:45 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Cool shot Ray! Man that chick in manly!

Hey what do you think of cropping it? Since it's a clash of the Titans shot! I want to know where #16 ended up after that body slam?

Last edited by JedCranium; 12/12/09 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12/12/09, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Cool shot Ray! Man that chick in manly!

Hey what do you think of cropping it? Since it's a clash of the Titans shot! I want to know where #16 ended up after that body slam?

A critic! Never mind him, Ray! Just kidding...
Old 12/12/09, 10:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
in the big picture she looks about to get a face plant, with that manley right arm there at her back , but on the othere hand manley looks about to get a cleat in the right foot !
Old 12/12/09, 10:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I've have only seen oil breathers here ? so I know aboslutly nada about them so I have to ask how does replacing the oil filler cap with one of those do good ? please.
Old 12/12/09, 04:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, that will/should solve the problem of that little oil puddle on the camcover from the breather alone. I'll be getting that oil fill cap breather soon.

IMO, the breathers are not a temporary fix, they are the ideal solution. With the exception of that belt driven vacuum pump that Jed posted about a while back, there's always the possibility of oil gunk that passes thru any catch can and gets re-introduced back into the intake.

A guy installed 2 seperators (just like Jed's) inline and both collected gunk!

The chance of gunk re-entry with breathers is... ZERO. Nuff said.
Old 12/12/09, 04:38 PM

possibly, could be part of the problem. I'd imagine opening up the oil cap would reduce the pressure by a bunch. The breather is kind of expensive but it might be worth it.
Brian, from everything I've read on breathers on FI cars (as it applies to our S197's), you're not supposed to install just one breather, must install on both sides.

I don't know the exact reason why or what harm it will cause, you may want to look into it if you're planning on running that oil fill breather for a while. Just looking out for ya!
Old 12/12/09, 04:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Brian, from everything I've read on breathers on FI cars (as it applies to our S197's), you're not supposed to install just one breather, must install on both sides.

I don't know the exact reason why or what harm it will cause, you may want to look into it if you're planning on running that oil fill breather for a while. Just looking out for ya!
Thanks dude

Now what I should do then, is put a regular K&N style like you have on the drivers side ? but won't that then splatter all over ? OR would it be better to leave the breather on the pass side and the catch can on the drivers ? I'd prefer to run the catch can if possible since I can drain it.
Old 12/12/09, 05:03 PM

Taco Garage was open this morning.. even in the rain!

Luis came to install the swaybar delete/radiator support bar.

This lower radiator hose support clip is something new.

Here's Data holding up the radiator for the swap.

Installed!

video..

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)