General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/09, 09:58 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by veilside.mustang
Who are you referring to for the roots? Just curious, TB...
I was kinda wondering that meself, prolly just overlooking someone.
Old 1/13/09, 10:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry you're having a downer day after your install party and BBQ, B. Things'll look up soon! I'm sure the POTR guys will steer you down the right path... Smile!
Old 1/13/09, 10:02 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
So had my "official" quote for the uFcking clutch today.

So goin by my tuners "recommendation" it's going to run 1100 bucks, add an addtitional 500 bucks if I want a twin disk clutch that "you'll never, ever break"

Granted it's chump change to what TB has paid into his ride, it kinda put the day in a crappy light. Not entirely sure I'm going with that recommendation or with a different mfg, I dunno. The spec 3+ will be about 300 bucks cheaper than the "clutchmasters" so is it worth the extra 300 or go the 'normal' route.

uFck.

anyway, I'm really on the fence. It's just 300 bucks so it shouldn't that big of a deal I guess.

Good news is that going over financials today if I get a decent income tax refund then even with this setback, which I'd have to do anyway, I should still be able to go with a "budget build" before the end of the year and that includes an Ice-Box and tires. So it's gloomy right now but it'll look up soon I hope.
Brian that's crappy luck man. I know my day will come. I know nothing of clutches, but from what I've read here throughout this forum when the time comes I'm going Spec 3+ and thats it, end of story. I couldn't tell you why, but to most it seems like a happy medium.
Old 1/13/09, 10:11 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by veilside.mustang
Who are you referring to for the roots? Just curious, TB...
You! Or is the Roush blower a TS?

So goin by my tuners "recommendation" it's going to run 1100 bucks, add an addtitional 500 bucks if I want a twin disk clutch that "you'll never, ever break"
Yeah... $1600.

I got same speal from Adam. He basically said the Centerforce clutch is crap. Funny thing is, it works great!

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
... from what I've read here throughout this forum when the time comes I'm going Spec 3+ and thats it, end of story.
I felt the same way on my CF DF.
Old 1/13/09, 10:13 PM
Post *****

Brian that's crappy luck man. I know my day will come. I know nothing of clutches, but from what I've read here throughout this forum when the time comes I'm going Spec 3+ or Centerforce DF and thats it, end of story. I couldn't tell you why, but to most it seems like a happy medium.
Corrected Bill...sorry
Old 1/13/09, 10:13 PM
Cobra Member

You said it. Were it not for his taking the hit on depreciation I'd still be NA for a long time.
Good job Tom

Cool. You've been doing your research on where to installl it The intake looks crazy cool

So had my "official" quote for the uFcking clutch today.

Granted it's chump change to what TB has paid into his ride, it kinda put the day in a crappy light. Not entirely sure I'm going with that recommendation or with a different mfg, I dunno. The spec 3+ will be about 300 bucks cheaper than the "clutchmasters" so is it worth the extra 300 or go the 'normal' route.

uFck.

anyway, I'm really on the fence. It's just 300 bucks so it shouldn't that big of a deal I guess.

Good news is that going over financials today if I get a decent income tax refund then even with this setback, which I'd have to do anyway, I should still be able to go with a "budget build" before the end of the year and that includes an Ice-Box and tires. So it's gloomy right now but it'll look up soon I hope.
Yikes! When is the install date? Is there an issue with day-to-day driving right now?

Last edited by Superfly SN95; 1/13/09 at 10:15 PM.
Old 1/13/09, 10:15 PM

Corrected Bill...sorry

No.. no.. I was saying that I had my mind set on the CF just like you with the Spec3.

I think what swayed me towards the CF is that Tom (trooper) had one in his 89 with no problems and it was a little cheaper than the Spec3. Otherwise it would've been a coin toss.
Old 1/13/09, 10:18 PM
Post *****

I know. I was just paying homage to the Mustang brain that is teh TacoBill.

Anything the Taco man does is always under consideration.
Old 1/13/09, 10:24 PM

Anything the Taco man does is always under consideration.
Thanks Gary, but excuse me while I put on my firesuit against the rest of the POTR gang.
Old 1/13/09, 10:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian that's crappy luck man. I know my day will come. I know nothing of clutches, but from what I've read here throughout this forum when the time comes I'm going Spec 3+ and thats it, end of story. I couldn't tell you why, but to most it seems like a happy medium.
Thanks I'm hard-headed and was really looking forward to going out to Barona. Then the plan was to save for a budget build. Having my plans go haywire just kinda sucks.

Well I guess I'd need to do it at some point anyway, so the sooner the better right ?

I forgot to add CONGRATS on the blower, that's just too cool

<geekhat>
Don't know if anyone likes this kind of stuff. Wanna know what happens if you were to fall into a black hole or when the largest asteroid since observable history will come close or possibly hit the earth ?? It's kinda long but man is it cool
http://fora.tv/2008/02/19/Neil_DeGra..._by_Black_Hole

Spaghettification FTW

</geekhat>

So I think I'm just a little
Old 1/13/09, 10:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Yeah... $1600.

I got same speal from Adam. He basically said the Centerforce clutch is crap. Funny thing is, it works great!

I felt the same way on my CF DF.
yeah 1600+ for the twin disk. I just don't think I'm going to be at the point to where I need to consider it even after I "go for the throat"

See, here's my deal, do I tell him to stuff the recommendation and that I want something else ? Not that I know better but it just seems weird. Probably just me.
Originally Posted by superfly s197
Yikes! When is the install date? Is there an issue with day-to-day driving right now?
Well the way things are right now the car isn't bad. I does slip if I just STAND on it from 2nd or 3rd and towards the upper RPMs. In third the car doesn't have the bite that it did. So driveability is actually better because I'm not tempted to do something stupid that I like to typically do, which is STAND on the loud petal. Day-to-day around town no problems. There is no way in hell I'd take it to the strip I don't think it'd last one blast. Install date, probably early Feb, then like Bill I'd have a 500 mile break in period. But trust me, I'd kill that 500 miles in less than a week
Old 1/13/09, 10:52 PM
Cobra Member

But trust me, I'd kill that 500 miles in less than a week

Us DD guys know how to get it done
Old 1/13/09, 11:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats on the blower Gary. If you need 39# injectors I can give you a good price on a set.

Bullit grille-Looks nice and something I'd consider. Maybe I'll put the UCA money towards that. Then if I don't like it Luis and Brian can have a bidding war for it.

Clutch-I'm sure Adam's recommendation comes with track abuse in mind. So while Bill might be fine with the one he's got you should probably go for the beefy one since your becoming a track junky.
Old 1/13/09, 11:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Ray!

BTW POTR its unofficially down to just Luis now.

I'm finally going FI!!!

I bought Tom's blower and am looking forward to seeing the UPS man in a few days!
Wow Gary, now I'm jealous. I love the TS. Good luck with it and congratulations!

Is Tom going to install it personally?!

My install will be finished tomorrow but I will not have time to pick it up until Thursday or Friday at the earliest and I won't get the chance to video the dyno.
Old 1/13/09, 11:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Congrats on the blower Gary. If you need 39# injectors I can give you a good price on a set.

Bullit grille-Looks nice and something I'd consider. Maybe I'll put the UCA money towards that. Then if I don't like it Luis and Brian can have a bidding war for it.

Clutch-I'm sure Adam's recommendation comes with track abuse in mind. So while Bill might be fine with the one he's got you should probably go for the beefy one since your becoming a track junky.

Do it. Then dislike it. Then give it to me. Charge it to my Leo CC
Old 1/13/09, 11:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Ray Man
Wow Gary, now I'm jealous. I love the TS. Good luck with it and congratulations!

Is Tom going to install it personally?!

My install will be finished tomorrow but I will not have time to pick it up until Thursday or Friday at the earliest and I won't get the chance to video the dyno.
Don't worry Ray dyno pulls are overrated anyways. I wasn't there to record mine either. Your not missing out on anything.

I see the Bullit grill is about $200. Might just order this once I get my money back from the UCA. Funny thing is I think there's a 60/40 chance I won't like it once it's on. Brian, Luis cross your fingers.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 1/13/09 at 11:37 PM.
Old 1/13/09, 11:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Don't worry Ray dyno pulls are overrated anyways. I wasn't there to record mine either. Your not missing out on anything.
Yeah... I can always watch Jed's.
Old 1/13/09, 11:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

For you guys in bad-weather country:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/pro...ItemGroupId=52

Last edited by Ray Man; 1/13/09 at 11:47 PM.
Old 9/8/09, 04:24 AM
Cobra Member

We're back
Old 9/8/09, 06:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by superfly s197
We're back
we're back alright.....back to January.

Last edited by fabman; 9/8/09 at 06:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)