General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/09, 02:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
I think "Topic Arsonist" is a better title!

Muhahah!

Where's Gary?
Old 12/11/09, 02:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT

Where's Gary?
Is it just me or we all just messing around this Friday waiting for 5:00 p.m. to roll around? My boss is in Hawaii, and his assistant is on a plane to South Carolina and were on skeleton crew and yes the mice are playing!
Old 12/11/09, 02:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WTF!!!!!!!!! Auto disguised as a Stick. Like Charles Barkley would say "That's just Terble".
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...t/DSC00617.jpg
That is horrible... They're not fooling anyone with that 'disguise'...
Old 12/11/09, 02:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Not sure exactly how long I'll be at EV. Earlier that morning I need to go out to Riverside.
So manage your time beeotch! Meet at M&E's at 11:00!!

It's okay to tell the all mightly Eric Voss that you have to cut out for some pizza.
Old 12/11/09, 03:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I should have Scott change my C/T to Fire Starter.
I thought you and Jed were TMS members?
Old 12/11/09, 03:14 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

Where's Gary?
I'm here.

My internet was out. Brian

Seriously though. The modem took a dump yesterday.

cdynaco is a stand up guy, but the BK(U) killer guy I don't know from a hole in the ground.
Old 12/11/09, 05:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
That is horrible... They're not fooling anyone with that 'disguise'...
Haha this is a good mod for Chaaaaly! BTW Chaaaaly's Stang is burning up the streets of Torrance again! I'll try to get some pictures if the wethaa improves.
Old 12/11/09, 06:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it just me or we all just messing around this Friday waiting for 5:00 p.m. to roll around? My boss is in Hawaii, and his assistant is on a plane to South Carolina and were on skeleton crew and yes the mice are playing!
You got lucky, I had to do a meeting with the abbreviations...
CEO, COO, CTO, CFO, CMO... etc, etc. Wasn't told all the big-wigs would be there and wasn't prepared for it. If I could have a beer I'd have ten right now.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm here.

My internet was out. Brian

Seriously though. The modem took a dump yesterday.

cdynaco is a stand up guy, but the BK(U) killer guy I don't know from a hole in the ground.
wha... what'd I miss ?

He probably is, but three things come to mind
1) He's taking a separator way too seriously, it's a freaking separator.
2) Even if it was flow tested it's still the style separator that Jed wanted to move away from and what the thread was about.
3) Putting words in Jed's mouth and then being offended or 'protecting' the vendor that 'Jed' 'slammed' was wrong.
Old 12/11/09, 07:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
must be a story here ? it's old but I had to ask.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-fishy-026.jpg  
Old 12/11/09, 07:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
You got lucky, I had to do a meeting with the abbreviations...
CEO, COO, CTO, CFO, CMO... etc, etc. Wasn't told all the big-wigs would be there and wasn't prepared for it. If I could have a beer I'd have ten right now.

wha... what'd I miss ?

2) Even if it was flow tested it's still the style separator that Jed wanted to move away from and what the thread was about.
3) Putting words in Jed's mouth and then being offended or 'protecting' the vendor that 'Jed' 'slammed' was wrong.
Hey Brian cool it's great to see the true observation, you always seem to find a great way to describe a situation. You're a man with great literary conduct. It got to the point with me that I didn't want to give his posts any more attention then it deserved. My last post in that thread will be of the final installation.
Old 12/11/09, 07:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Where's Gary?
This is not your car is it Leo
Old 12/11/09, 09:13 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by habu

I didn't mean to imply that Jed was not a stand up guy by excluding him from my remark. Jed is a saint among men and first class to the core. I side with Jed on this matter anyway. I'm just too dumb to even contribute to the whole conversation.

But it is the internet. And intent cannot be inferred. I won't wrote off cdynaco because of this. He's used to arguing with pinheads in the off-topic section who won't even look at proof and he probably didn't realize he was dealing with such a well meaning person as Jed. He might have gotten a little heated about the subject and handled it wrong though.

Personally I like my breathers, but I'm as clueless as a parakeet in a mine shaft on the whole issue anyway.
Old 12/11/09, 09:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Jed is a saint among men and first class to the core. I side with Jed on this matter anyway.
Please don't give Jed credit he doesn't deserve!

Old 12/11/09, 10:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

I didn't mean to imply that Jed was not a stand up guy by excluding him from my remark. Jed is a saint among men and first class to the core. I side with Jed on this matter anyway. I'm just too dumb to even contribute to the whole conversation.

But it is the internet. And intent cannot be inferred. I won't wrote off cdynaco because of this. He's used to arguing with pinheads in the off-topic section who won't even look at proof and he probably didn't realize he was dealing with such a well meaning person as Jed. He might have gotten a little heated about the subject and handled it wrong though.

Personally I like my breathers, but I'm as clueless as a parakeet in a mine shaft on the whole issue anyway.
hang tight... I'm not saying anything against you Gary, at all. we're cool man.
I was irked by the way he handled the situation. There probably isn't anything wrong with the unit he has and no one said that there was and it was absolutely comparing apples & oranges N/A vs FI and the appropriate application. IMO, in a tech section if you're gonna post a mod is better than another version, you gotta back it up.

Bottom line he went about it the wrong way, IMO and it was a fun distraction while at work.

No, I'm no expert (but I play one at work), but my understanding for us inter cooled FI'd guys the catch can/separator and it's construction is important for several reasons.

No gunk getting into and clogging the intercooler and lowering it's effectiveness, N/A guys do not have this worry.
After hard acceleration and boost on decel a FI car can get down to more the lb. vacuum, which can collapse regular rubber lines and can suck more gunk into the intake than a NA is capable of.
Introducing oil into the combustion chamber can lower the effective octane rating and if the tune is ragged enough or if the atmospheric conditions are right the car can start pinging, FI + Boost + Ping = BooM ! Therefore a more robust resolution must be found. Breathers do work, I'm not totally convinced though

But I don't have a shop on ebay and am just a keyboard tech

Last edited by habu; 12/11/09 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12/11/09, 10:50 PM
Post *****

Internet again.

I didn't take offense or even think that you did say anything against me. I just wanted to make it clear to Jed that I did not take a side against him in my post before and I didn't want him to think I didn't have his back. That's all. It brought everyone out to POTR for a change though. Which was nice.

I do understand that part of the breather/catch can for sure. The proof was all the motor oil that dripped out of the intake of Tom's old Saleen blower while it sat in my garage. He didn't run a breather/catch can setup I don't think even in his 11 second car. But it didn't hurt anything. Heck I had oil in the intake when I was NA. It's just the stupid emissions crap. But I guess if the air is cleaner in California then that's cool too.

Only thing with the breathers is cleaning the oil off the valve cover on the passenger side.
Old 12/11/09, 11:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Hey no worries guys I see no harm done or implied. We all have our opinions and we take different paths sometimes to arrive at the same place. Now go throw down a drink it's Friday night!

Off topic today at work Chaaaly called me so I decided to record his conversation I want to make a "wrap" video of him and his car stay tuned. I captured some funny stuff! If he only knew!
Old 12/11/09, 11:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
This is not your car is it Leo
**** no. I'm not a shamed of my slush box.

Hey no worries guys I see no harm done or implied. We all have our opinions and we take different paths sometimes to arrive at the same place. Now go throw down a drink it's Friday night!

Off topic today at work Chaaaly called me so I decided to record his conversation I want to make a "wrap" video of him and his car stay tuned. I captured some funny stuff! If he only knew!
LOL. What an A-hole Jed. J/K can't wait to hear it.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 12/11/09 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12/11/09, 11:18 PM
Post *****

I think "Topic Arsonist" is a better title!

Muhahah!
I would say Leo is the 'Internet Muscle' if you know what I mean. You got someone giving you problems, just send in Leo. He'll throw down and not take prisoners.

Old 12/11/09, 11:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I can't wait, this should be good!

I photographed a high school soccer game in the rain today. I thought this image was really cool.

Old 12/11/09, 11:32 PM
Post *****

Good action shot Ray. Nice foregrond, centering, and background work.

Did you even know it would be a good shot when you were about to take it, or was it only on seeing it afterward that you knew?

How many photos did you take of the game as a whole. 100? 200? Just curious how many photos a professional takes. I always see the photog guys on the sidelines in the football games.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)