General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/06, 05:31 PM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People seem awfully darned touchy today , eh Leo?
Old 9/24/06, 07:46 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill, you're on Mustang World, after all!

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...MC_100_JPG.htm

I should have asked you to really look at the 05+ verts with the CDC Lightbar so you could give me your opinion.
Old 9/24/06, 09:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Back from QMX!

Well, after 10 hours in the sun, sunburn on my face, and aching feet, 2 good things happened...

Chris scored an autograph and pic with Courtney Hansen and we pulled off 2ND PLACE!!

There were 8 (me included) in my Modified 05/06 Fastback Class. Another fellow Torch Red beat me out of First, must have been the Kenny Bell S/C.

As Leo and Habu posted pics on (Leo's) thread from the Queen Mary show, I won't post anymore... except for these 3 gems.
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-chris_courtney_qmx06.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-chris1_2nd_qmx06.jpg   Ponies on The Run (Again)-chris2_2nd_qmx06.jpg  
Old 9/24/06, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by 89Trooper
Bill, you're on Mustang World, after all!

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...MC_100_JPG.htm

I should have asked you to really look at the 05+ verts with the CDC Lightbar so you could give me your opinion.
Ha ha! Cool! I knew I'd make on Mustang World one way or another.

And yes, I did examine the CDC lightbars for you, 3 to be exact. They seem to be constructed well and looks factory at their attaching points. Nothing bad to say about them.
Sorry, but no close-up pics.
When I was going to take some, I got always side tracked.
Old 9/24/06, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Here's pics from the Queen Mary Show... Well the ford racing vehicle that was unveiled was the Shelby GT, what a let down.
Nice pics Leo!

I took a few too, but pretty much of the same stuff. I'll upload them into my Bucket album tomorrow.

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the Shelby GT. It looks to be a replica of the Hertz GT-H except for a manual and cosmetic stuff. So I'm guessing that this GT variant will have around 325hp. Too bad, I was really looking forward to seeing a different kind of S/E.
Old 9/24/06, 10:04 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Ha ha! Cool! I knew I'd make on Mustang World one way or another.

And yes, I did examine the CDC lightbars for you, 3 to be exact. They seem to be constructed well and looks factory at their attaching points. Nothing bad to say about them.
Sorry, but no close-up pics.
When I was going to take some, I got always side tracked.
You'll be on tomorrow I bet... looks like they only put 1 picture per time period per day.

Guess I'll have to think again about the lightbar.

The winner?

Attachment 10079

How could that beat out a Shaker?? Only 20 days to my first judged show... There aren't many different classes, so I have a feeling I'll be up against a lot more than 8.
Attached Images  
Old 9/24/06, 10:15 PM

The winner?

Attachment 10079

How could that beat out a Shaker??
Nope, it was this one.

I don't know how it beat out my Shaker (I was the ONLY 05/06 with the CDC Shaker at the whole show). It wasn't any cleaner than mine (you guys know me!)... my guess is the dollar bills that were clipped to the front radiator shroud with a sign that read, 'please take one'.

btw- that pic you posted was one of the Day of Show entries.
Attached Images  
Old 9/24/06, 10:20 PM
GTR Member

I just checked the flyer for my show... my class for the '06 will be "Daily Driven". Pretty general, huh?

The '89 will be in "Modified".

The only other class I could enter either car into would be "Show", but that might be hard to compete in.

Congrats on your 2nd - still great!
Old 9/24/06, 10:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow that's BS I can't believe that guy placed first. It's not an ugly car but it was probably the most plain looking one I saw in your category. I didn't expect that car to place. Oh well Second is still awesome. I hope I atleast place in the San Diego show. There is only going to be four classes total for S197 stangs (coupe stock/modified and vert stock/modified).
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by KdF
People seem awfully darned touchy today , eh Leo?

I just checked the flyer for my show... my class for the '06 will be "Daily Driven". Pretty general, huh?

The '89 will be in "Modified".

The only other class I could enter either car into would be "Show", but that might be hard to compete in.

Congrats on your 2nd - still great!
They do sound like some general categories, but don't underestimate your competition. Like me, I was honestly faced with 7 other GT's that could easily take 1st at smaller carshows.. seriously.

My best suggestion (to you too Leo) is to clean and clean some more. As little as I take mine out, I still had alot of little dust bunnies, dirt and fuzz to wipe clean. So on a daily, you guys have your work cut out.

The lady parked next to me (05/06 vert in the Modified Class) got 2nd too and hers is a daily driver with 16k miles. So yeah, it's doable.

And thanks Tom!
Old 9/24/06, 10:42 PM
GTR Member

My best suggestion (to you too Leo) is to clean and clean some more. As little as I take mine out, I still had alot of little dust bunnies, dirt and fuzz to wipe clean. So on a daily, you guys have your work cut out.
You may remember, but I talked to the guy running the show on the phone. They don't walk around with white gloves or anything. He said it's more the "fit and finish of mods". I'll have a 2 hour drive just to get to Tampa, so I will be cleaning it (them) when I get there.
Old 9/25/06, 03:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

test test...
Old 9/25/06, 07:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

CONGRATS Bill. I agree that the one that beat you out is about as bland as you can get. Ok so he had a S/C, it was just PLAIN. I think your car is much more attention grabbing (You must not have started and revved it up for the judges )

On a side note, I uploaded a different Alpine Background. I like this one better, but I may get the guy to adjust my picture for better clarity. Obviously my Editting skills are not top notch
Attachment 10083
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-09-23-06011.jpg  
Old 9/25/06, 10:22 AM
GTR Member

I talked to Chris, the guy running the MOSI show about which class to put the '89 into again and he first clarified how the show works:

"We use a set of guidelines and deduct points for discrepancies on a car per car basis. A minimum level of points off gets a Gold award, more discrepancies bring a Silver, even more would cause a Bronze and so on. The level of deduction varies by class and the quality of the cars in that class."

So, instead of 1st place, I'll be shooting for two Golds. Different concept than the two shows Bill has gone to.
Old 9/25/06, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
CONGRATS Bill.
Thanks Daryl!

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
On a side note, I uploaded a different Alpine Background. I like this one better...
I like it too!

I talked to Chris, the guy running the MOSI show about which class to put the '89 into again and he first clarified how the show works:

So, instead of 1st place, I'll be shooting for two Golds. Different concept than the two shows Bill has gone to.
That's different allright. Everyone starts with a Gold, but quickly heads to the chopping block!
Old 9/25/06, 12:17 PM

Like I mentioned last night, here's the link to my QMX album. They're mainly of me as we already have plenty of pics of the other cars.

There's some pretty cool shots and a funny one of Chris (I won't tell you what he was doing! )
Old 9/25/06, 12:59 PM
GTR Member

Everyone starts with a Gold, but quickly heads to the chopping block!
That's the way it works! Hoping I won't drop down to Silver on either car... after all the work, and nit-picking I do!
Old 9/25/06, 01:20 PM

That's the way it works! Hoping I won't drop down to Silver on either car... after all the work, and nit-picking I do!
So it sounds like there can be several Gold winners within one class? If so, you got it!
Old 9/25/06, 01:28 PM
GTR Member

So it sounds like there can be several Gold winners within one class? If so, you got it!
Yes, he said the '89 and the '06 can be in the same class and one wouldn't "get in the way" of the other. But, he recommended putting the '89 in Modified due to all the work and changes I've done to it.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)