General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/06, 08:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Got the coupon; thanks for the thought Leo.

Daryl, ideas for your Summit Bucks; K&N oil filter (or Fram), Summit H-Pipe, car cover (or this one), Roush rear coil springs, Roush complete suspension, etc, etc. Should be easy to spend.
Well it's only $20 so the Filters were my first thought
Old 9/20/06, 09:35 AM
GTR Member

I'm going to order my Tuner today or tomorrow. Bill, give me a quick review of what I need to do. I know my tunes will be 87 Torque, 93 Torque, and 93 Performance... isn't that what you got, but 91 instead of 93?

For performance, I will list: K&N air filter, Shaker system, Flowmaster exhaust. That's all for me performance wise that I plan to do. And I know I have to list my 255/45ZR18 tires to fix the speedo.

Originally Posted by OKCMustangGT
Yea I got that coupon too, and I am sure Tom and Bill did as well.
Yep, got the coupon, too! Not sure if they have anything that I need/want?
Old 9/20/06, 12:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 89Trooper
I'm going to order my Tuner today or tomorrow. Bill, give me a quick review of what I need to do. I know my tunes will be 87 Torque, 93 Torque, and 93 Performance... isn't that what you got, but 91 instead of 93?

For performance, I will list: K&N air filter, Shaker system, Flowmaster exhaust. That's all for me performance wise that I plan to do. And I know I have to list my 255/45ZR18 tires to fix the speedo.
Great news!

Yes, I got what you listed except mine's the 91 Octane.

For performance options, I think only the Flows will matter.
I would personally call Doug to place the order instead of the online form. That way he can explain any questions you may have about your performance mods and tell you when it can ship out.

Don't forget to have your Cal Code and axle ratio handy.

Doug: 205-471-4597 or 205-302-0231 (after 3pm Central)
Old 9/20/06, 12:29 PM
GTR Member

Great news!

Yes, I got what you listed except mine's the 91 Octane.

For performance options, I think only the Flows will matter.
I would personally call Doug to place the order instead of the online form. That way he can explain any questions you may have about your performance mods and tell you when it can ship out.

Don't forget to have your Cal Code and axle ratio handy.

Doug: 205-471-4597 or 205-302-0231 (after 3pm Central)
The K&N filter should make some difference... it's a lot more flow than a paper filter. We should all have 3.55 axle ratios... wasn't an option for us back then. My computer code is where again? (It's not on top of the metal box next to the black fuse box)
Old 9/20/06, 12:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom-Congrats on your purchase. I'll be joining the BamaChips tune club next week.

Well here's the pics you've all been waiting for. So far I've installed the shaker sill letters, turn signal overlays and side marker overlays. I'll be doing the taillights either later today or tomorrow morning it's just to hot out right now and I don't have a garage. Well let me give my review on the overlays thus far.

Turn signal overlays are a perfect fit and were easier than I thought they would be to install.

Side markers have a bit of overlap that I can't get to fold over. Any tips? Other than this minor problem the overlays have gone on with ease.

Mustang sill letters were a breeze thanks to Bills tip about wetting your fingers and using plenty of soapy water on the sills.

It took me about an hour and a half to do all of the above without rushing.

Didn't take any pics of install since all of you have installed stripes before this should be very simple for all of you. Well without further ado here's the pics.

I know I know the car is filthy. I'll take a few pics later on once it's clean with the overlays in direct sunlight.

Old 9/20/06, 01:00 PM
GTR Member

Well, I hit a snag with the tuner order since my Calibration Code is missing. I looked through old pictures and the earliest ones I have show it to be missing (so it wasn't me who scraped it off!).

Luckily, SCT just happens to be right up the street from me, so they are going to read my computer code for me.
Old 9/20/06, 01:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That sucks. Well aleast it's a minor problem.
Old 9/20/06, 01:40 PM

The K&N filter should make some difference... it's a lot more flow than a paper filter. We should all have 3.55 axle ratios... wasn't an option for us back then. My computer code is where again? (It's not on top of the metal box next to the black fuse box)
Wierd. I bet the dealer PDI guy peeled it off thinking that he's doing you a favor!

When I placed my order with Doug, his concern was whether my K&N was a drop-in or the whole CAI. So for sure, there's a difference between the two when it comes to programming.

As far as the Shaker was concerned, it was no issue whether it was there or not. Like we've all been saying all along, although functional (to an extent), it's mainly a cosmetic mod.

And yes, all 06 manuals have the 3.55. I was only reminding you so you had that info on hand before calling him up... long distance call ya know.
Old 9/20/06, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Well here's the pics you've all been waiting for. So far I've installed the shaker sill letters, turn signal overlays and side marker overlays.
Looks great, Leo!

The sill letters look sharp! This is the way CDC should ship it or at least include a letter pack with the kit.

Once the side marker overlay begins to dry, try using a credit card (or that thin orange scraper I gave you) and gently fold down the edges around the marker lens. If tacky enough, it should stick down.
Old 9/20/06, 02:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's a few more pics in direct sunlight. God she's so dirty I'm embrassed to post these pics.

Here's a pic of the taillights. I put one side on really quickly just to see a comparison I think I like the stock look better. So I'm taking them off. Not to mention I kind made a slight crease on one of the overlays. They seem to have the same problem as the side markers not wanting to bend around the corners. Anyways I don't think I'll be installing these.

What do you guys think. IMO it looks like it has a black eye. It gets two from me.
Old 9/20/06, 02:11 PM
GTR Member

Yeah... front , rear . Not sure if I even like the side marker lights being covered. But the front corners look a lot better than the amber.

Wierd. I bet the dealer PDI guy peeled it off thinking that he's doing you a favor!
Nah, it was me (or they fell off). I found pics at the dealership. I gave them that disposable camera, so they are too blurry to see. Unless somebody has some really good eyes (or some CSI software to zoom in and clear up the image).

Attachment 9750 Attachment 9751
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-fh000014.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 9/20/06, 02:13 PM

What do you guys think. IMO it looks like it has a black eye. It gets two from me.
Huh? I thought you liked the overlays?

In the rear shot, the untinted red lens sure looks bright compared to the tinted ones. Which tint number did you use for the taillight?

I agree, it is dirty.
Old 9/20/06, 02:15 PM

But the front corners look a lot better than the amber.
Hey! I resemble that remark.

I don't know, but on my Torch Red, it's not really an eye sore... or is it?
Old 9/20/06, 02:17 PM
GTR Member

Hey! I resemble that remark.
I've been hinting about this for a long time! However, the amber blends in with the red better than white or black or blue. But the clear corner lights with the black housings would look the best on ANY color since they match the headlights so well.
Old 9/20/06, 02:20 PM

Nah, it was me (or they fell off). I found pics at the dealership. I gave them that disposable camera, so they are too blurry to see.
Ahh, the truth comes out! Fell off? suuure it did.

You gotta love those 640k throw away cameras.

I wonder if the code is elsewhere on the vehicle? (besides in the pewter itself)
Old 9/20/06, 02:21 PM
GTR Member

I wonder if the code is elsewhere on the vehicle? (besides in the pewter itself)
I talked to Doug... he didn't say it was anywhere else. He's the one who told me to go to SCT and have them read the computer to get the code. Can you make out any letters/numbers in those pics?
Old 9/20/06, 02:23 PM

However, the amber blends in with the red better than white or black or blue.
You're just trying to make me feel better! I ain't biting.

I am considering some light overlays all around, guess that's the 3/10?
Old 9/20/06, 02:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tom- Even if that pic wasn't blurry you still wouldn't be able to see it because it's on the right side of the pcm.

Bill-I did like the overlays but after seeing a side by side difference I think it's to dark. All I wanted was to tone it down a few shades not blacken it. I used the 6/10 for the taillights. I would of used the 3/10 but it wasn't even noticable. I guess I need some that are between 3/10 and 6/10. I don't think the amber lenses on your car stand out as much since your car is red. IMO if your going to do anything about them you should get the ones with the black housing. Don't think the tint or clears would look good. Like I said before though your ambers don't stand out as much as they do with any other color.

I won't be an english teacher anytime soon but I believe both of you meant resent not resemble.
Old 9/20/06, 02:28 PM
GTR Member

Mike's is GYX1... Daryl and Bill's is TJF1... SCT told me it was because of where the car was going (emissions, etc)... wonder if mine is GYX1... can you make that out in either of those pics??

Tom- Even if that pic wasn't blurry you still wouldn't be able to see it because it's on the right side of the pcm.
Some are on top... I think mine is that white sticker you can see on top of it.

I do see in the pics that it was curling up... how could I NOT pull it off??

I won't be an english teacher anytime soon but I believe both of you meant resent not resemble.
"I resemble that remark" is a nifty way of saying "I resent that".
Old 9/20/06, 02:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

You're just trying to make me feel better! I ain't biting.

I am considering some light overlays all around, guess that's the 3/10?
3/10 won't be noticable at all on the amber lense. Honestly I don't think your car needs overlays. Like I said above if anything get the turn signals with the black housing. If you buy them now from "american muscle" you can use that 10% off.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)