General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/08, 09:45 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Bought some new brews lastnight at BevMo!

Kona Coffee infused Pipeline Porter Beer (limited release)
Attachment 65539

Maui Brewing Company CoCoNut PorTeR
Attachment 65538

Will give them a go this weekend and hopefully will live to tell about them.
Good luck. Not a fan of porters at all. Especially with coconut... blech. (I hate coconut and pineapple, it's not beer related).

I'll be raising one tonight hoping that kicking some butt does some good for your car
Old 10/31/08, 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Happy Halloween Guys!
Attached Thumbnails Ponies on The Run (Again)-img_1118.jpg  
Old 10/31/08, 10:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
DR's? Somebody's hooked.
No pun intended?

Happy Halloween everyone!
Old 10/31/08, 11:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
update #456,765,948

Okay, it looks like I'm picking up the car later this afternoon. Believe me, I felt like laughing as I typed that last sentence.

Dealer service manager laughed at my car wanting warranty service. So basically it was sitting at the service parking lot for 2 days, thru the rain, hole in my hood, and uncovered while the Mechanic, Greg, and Mananger argued about the AC should be covered. From what Greg said, it got pretty heated.

Bottom line..
  • it went to the Dealer for nothing.
  • AC is still not working.
  • car and undercarriage is dirty as f*ck from being driven in the rain.
  • I have to buy 2 O2 sensors.
I told Greg, F the AC, I will be picking up my car today.
Old 10/31/08, 12:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Okay, it looks like I'm picking up the car later this afternoon. Believe me, I felt like laughing as I typed that last sentence.

Dealer service manager laughed at my car wanting warranty service. So basically it was sitting at the service parking lot for 2 days, thru the rain, hole in my hood, and uncovered while the Mechanic, Greg, and Mananger argued about the AC should be covered. From what Greg said, it got pretty heated.

Bottom line..

car and undercarriage is dirty as f*ck from being driven in the rain.

Sorry dude, I had to laugh at that one.

F*&(ing dealer. They can be such ******** sometimes.

The O2 sensors I can kinda understand but the AC ?? It's fightable if that makes sense.
Old 10/31/08, 12:12 PM

^Well ,if your sh*t was clean as F*ck, and it got driven through the rain, you'd be pissed too.

Warranty issue arguable yes, but his employee works at that Stealership so he had to stand down. Manager threatened to withdrawl the other claims if he persisted.

Right now, I don't care about the AC, I just want the car back in sound mechanical condition.
Old 10/31/08, 12:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

^Well ,if your sh*t was clean as F*ck, and it got driven through the rain, you'd be pissed too.

Warranty issue arguable yes, but his employee works at that Stealership so he had to stand down. Manager threatened to withdrawl the other claims if he persisted.

Right now, I don't care about the AC, I just want the car back in sound mechanical condition.
I know, I just got a kick out of it. Mine was clean too at one point, but I didn't have a choice not to drive in the rain. Ya know. Not making fun, just it's the least of your worries and the easiest to fix. Besides, it's been too long since Chris cleaned his car right ?? put him to work

Talk about a rock and a hard place. I wish I knew a place for you to take it in your area, but I don't. I'd do it in a heartbeat if I could.

So, the AC and O2's are bad, what is the news on the rest of the engine. Any problems, anything to worry about or are you good to go with just a couple small, comparitively speaking, issues ?? If the large issues is resolved and it's mechanically sound the others will fall in line eventually. O2s maybe Kevin 05stangkc can cut a deal ?? save at least some scratch, right ? Then once it's tuned on the rollers you should be very sound. The AC

Last edited by habu; 10/31/08 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10/31/08, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by habu
So, the AC and O2's are bad, what is the news on the rest of the engine. Any problems, anything to worry about or are you good to go with just a couple small, comparitively speaking, issues ??

If the large issues is resolved and it's mechanically sound the others will fall in line eventually. O2s maybe Kevin 05stangkc can cut a deal ?? save at least some scratch, right ? Then once it's tuned on the rollers you should be very sound. The AC
As far as I'm told, everything else is up to snuff. I specifically told Greg to give it a once over, telling him I don't want to return to his shop until I hit 500 miles.

O2 sensors are already in the process of getting them. No time for mail order stuff, as they're directly affecting some idle issues.

The AC I'll mull over later. Possibly take it in to a local dealer maybe next year.
Old 10/31/08, 01:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

As far as I'm told, everything else is up to snuff. I specifically told Greg to give it a once over, telling him I don't want to return to his shop until I hit 500 miles.

O2 sensors are already in the process of getting them. No time for mail order stuff, as they're directly affecting some idle issues.

The AC I'll mull over later. Possibly take it in to a local dealer maybe next year.
OK, that sounds better. So it seems like except for the a$$hole dealer things are pretty good. The O2s would be a problem I'd imagine but looks/sounds that it's being worked out and probably resolved before you pick it up.... That is the best news in awhile so

One more thing.... It was wet out today out here so watch out. You've got a **** load of power on skinny wheels and a slick road. It's been too long, please for the love of god please be careful. The car might look like crap but let it look like crap at home and in one piece.

Last edited by habu; 10/31/08 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10/31/08, 01:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Look on the bright side Bill, at least it was driven
Old 10/31/08, 01:22 PM
Cobra Member

Thankfully, it's sunny now.

Bill - glad to hear at least you'll have the car back today (hopefully). The AC issue can be figured out with different dealers. If it's running sound, might as well have her home.
Old 10/31/08, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by habu
One more thing.... It was wet out today out here so watch out. You've got a **** load of power on skinny wheels and a slick road. It's been too long, please for the love of god please be careful. The car might look like crap but let it look like crap at home and in one piece.
Yes, I'll keep my foot out of it. Wrapping it around some pole is the last thing I need.

Originally Posted by Robbieg
Look on the bright side Bill, at least it was driven
Originally Posted by superfly s197
Bill - glad to hear at least you'll have the car back today (hopefully). The AC issue can be figured out with different dealers. If it's running sound, might as well have her home.
+1 to both!
Old 10/31/08, 02:55 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Bottom line..
dealers suck! how the hell should the ac not be covered, you've got much right to be pissed. I'd be equally angry about my car sitting out in the rain like that, especially as clean as the TR is. at least the A/C's not crucial, just get her home, and worry about ac later.

glad everything else is working fine
you'll have her running at full strength in boostland soon enough, and nearly forget about this whole crap, and you'll love your car even more

Last edited by StangMahn; 10/31/08 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10/31/08, 03:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Dealers suck although I can see their point about the AC. I know saying that doesn't make me popular but it's true..... I mean it could be a blown fuse, bad condenser, pinched wire, etc. etc. etc. from the engine R&R. Any way, what really matters is.........

BILL'S GETTING HIS CAR BACK!

'grats Bill, hopefully you're at the end of this chapter, and ready now for a new friggin' book.
Old 10/31/08, 07:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Rumble in the Hood?

Quick & dirty vid enjoy!

Jed
Old 10/31/08, 07:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
How appropriate for Halloween...........

IT'S ALIIIIIVE!
Old 10/31/08, 08:17 PM

Take 2!

Finally made it back home *****es!!

Tomorrow's job... clean, clean, and more clean.
Old 10/31/08, 08:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Sounds like a Huge Super Duty Diesle Jet enging Turbine man SAWEEEEEEEEEEEET !
Old 10/31/08, 08:34 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
congrats Bill
Old 10/31/08, 08:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats! Glad she's home!

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)