General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 11/1/08, 11:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBill
Jed didn't get the Cantons.

I didn't like that you could not use your stock coolant cap. Plus the next step is ROUSH billet caps!

Muhahah!

Jed
Old 11/1/08, 11:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It needed it! It's pretty much back to the way it looked back in the day.

Things I noticed..
Getting an exhaust rattle on the rear drivers side when first started (cold). I knew exactly where to check and yup, it's the Stinger hanger rod hitting the frame. When they installed my new H, the rear midpipes weren't pushed forward enough. Easy fix, but was too lazy to do it today.

Getting a little hiccup when the motor is warming up when the rpm's go up. I'll ask Greg about this, but I have a feeling it's the base tune as it feels 'unrefined' through the power band.

So yeah, spent around 3-4 hours cleaning and tinkering with the car.. it felt good!

Prepping for wash

Zaino beads baby!

after a some TLC

Bill the TR looks show ready! Speaking of shows did the SoCal peeps register for the Sunset FORD show in December? Bill hopefully you'll have your wheels & tires by then Peep pressure.

Jed
Old 11/1/08, 11:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by superfly s197
I like the idea of a Roush emblem in the corner. Hm...

The grill looks great Jed. Didn't know the car could look any better
Thanks Fly, yes there's no end to the spending.

Jed
Old 11/2/08, 01:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Jed-Billet grille looks great. I vote for no emblem.

Bill-Car looks clean as usual. Now get out and rack up those 500 miles so the real fun can begin.
Hurry up and get those CS69's.

Here's the ebay gauge vendor. Just shoot him an email asking for the gauge you want and he'll respond back with a price.
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/i...ceperformance/
Old 11/2/08, 01:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Glad to see you in the saddle again Bill. Car looks fantastic and sounds great.
Old 11/2/08, 04:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey 89Trooper, were you at the MOSI event last week?

Jonco, were you there? I think I saw your car but since I've never seen it up close I'm not positive. I went buy the one I thought was yours a couple different times but nobody was immediately around it so I didn't get to meet you if it was yours.
Old 11/2/08, 08:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Speaking of shows did the SoCal peeps register for the Sunset FORD show in December? Bill hopefully you'll have your wheels & tires by then Peep pressure.
I did! I think I may finally make my first show this year!

Wheels & tires.. I wish!

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Bill-Car looks clean as usual. Now get out and rack up those 500 miles so the real fun can begin.
Hurry up and get those CS69's.

Here's the ebay gauge vendor. Just shoot him an email asking for the gauge you want and he'll respond back with a price.
http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/i...ceperformance/
Dude, don't know what the weather is in Oakland (btw, how was the Madonna concert? ), but it's raining here in SoCal.
I want to put the miles on, but I gotta draw the line somewhere.

CS69's.. a pipedream at the moment.

Thanks for the link.
Old 11/2/08, 10:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I did! I think I may finally make my first show this year!

Wheels & tires.. I wish!

Dude, don't know what the weather is in Oakland (btw, how was the Madonna concert? ), but it's raining here in SoCal.
I want to put the miles on, but I gotta draw the line somewhere.

CS69's.. a pipedream at the moment.

Thanks for the link.
The weather sucks up here too. The wife and her sister enjoyed the show yesterday. I went to Pyramid Brewery with the other Sis-in-law and her boyfriend.
http://www.pyramidbrew.com/home.php

Hey Bill get rid of those truck mirrors asap.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...61#post5671661
Old 11/2/08, 11:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You call that rain?!

Looking good Jed. I kinda like the emblem idea.

Last edited by Ray Man; 11/2/08 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11/2/08, 02:01 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
she looks perfect as usual bill!

brian, you could sign up for one of the Meguiars classes on thusday nights, since you're in socal
Old 11/2/08, 03:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Packers drop to 4-4. It was a good game though. Atleast the Cowboys are losing.
Old 11/2/08, 03:31 PM

Leo, A47 mirrors a good deal, but me got no mo money.

4 more days to drop off, getting excited?
Old 11/2/08, 03:42 PM

Habu is up for MOTM!

Good luck!
Old 11/2/08, 03:44 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Packers drop to 4-4. It was a good game though. Atleast the Cowboys are losing.
Do they Packers still play football. I didn't know they still existed.

If I was Wade Phillips I'd cut Brad Johnson at halftime and and send him home on a different plane. He is far to old, slow, and weak to still be playing. What are they thinking?
Old 11/2/08, 03:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Leo, A47 mirrors a good deal, but me got no mo money.

4 more days to drop off, getting excited?
Tell me about it. That's the main reason I'm not going to the NHRA event or to the GTR open house.

Does a bear **** in the woods? Hell yeah I'm excited. Best part is Wednesday's my last day of work until the following Wednesday. So I'll have plenty of off time to thoroughly enjoy my new found horsepower.

So why aren't you out driving? We shouldn't see you on TMS unless your at work. Any other time you should be behind the wheel of the TR.
Old 11/2/08, 03:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Do they Packers still play football. I didn't know they still existed.

If I was Wade Phillips I'd cut Brad Johnson at halftime and and send him home on a different plane. He is far to old, slow, and weak to still be playing. What are they thinking?
Atleast the Packers are 2nd in their division and only one game behind the Bears which they still have to play twice. After today's game the Cowboys are going to find themselves in the cellar of the NFC east 2 games behind the Giants. Not to mention the Cowboys were Superbowl favorites.
Old 11/2/08, 03:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by habu
+1 Jed, Looks great.

You gotta show me how to do the whole porter cable thing. We talked about it and I'm still apprehensive 'cause I don't want to burn the paint. Still I have the spiderwebs and if it will help then I really ought to do it.

Did Randall cut you a break on the price ?
Sure I can show you I actually followed the vids that came on a DVD from Adams some of these vids are on their web site also. Wouldn't you know it a new generation of pads came out. Whats good about that is all of the gen 1 pads and the adapter is on sale aka closeout. Randall is a nice guy be he has to be one of the least responsive Adams sales guys out there. Everytime I try to use him he forgets about what I ordered. Funny I have better luck ordering from Stage 3 Motorsports that's in Arizona and I get it quicker + (no shipping) go figure. I can tell CS is not job one for him. The buffer I bought direct from Adams, you they are local , their shop is in Torrance you could order online then let them know you want to do a will call that's what I did.

Randall...

Jed
Old 11/2/08, 03:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Atleast the Packers are 2nd in their division and only one game behind the Bears which they still have to play twice. After today's game the Cowboys are going to find themselves in the cellar of the NFC east 2 games behind the Giants. Not to mention the Cowboys were Superbowl favorites.
Old 11/2/08, 03:58 PM

So why aren't you out driving? We shouldn't see you on TMS unless your at work. Any other time you should be behind the wheel of the TR.
Streets are pretty much dry, but never know if a big puddle lurks around a corner.

I'm actually at Kev's and staying here for dinner so no time to go home and cruise.

If the weather looks good this week, I'll take it to work.

I would like to check out your SC on Friday if time permits.
Old 11/2/08, 04:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Habu is up for MOTM!

Good luck!
Thanks man. I appreciate it. I was totally surprised. Had to wash the car today because I didn't have a side or rear 3/4 shot since I've bought the wheels . So I got pics now. They are all nice cars and I'm fortunate to be considered.

Tell me about it. That's the main reason I'm not going to the NHRA event or to the GTR open house.

Does a bear **** in the woods? Hell yeah I'm excited. Best part is Wednesday's my last day of work until the following Wednesday. So I'll have plenty of off time to thoroughly enjoy my new found horsepower.

Wait til Tues/Wed... I was dying, thinking of all the things that could go wrong, motor blowing...etc (this was right when Bill's died).... Not joking, I could have been talked out of doing it all togther I was that paranoid. Still Greg or Adam (who's doin the install did I miss that) whoever you decided on knows their **** and you'll be driving away in one awesome car !

Originally Posted by JedCranium
Sure I can show you I actually followed the vids that came on a DVD from Adams some of these vids are on their web site also. Wouldn't you know it a new generation of pads came out. Whats good about that is all of the gen 1 pads and the adapter is on sale aka closeout. Randall is a nice guy be he has to be one of the least responsive Adams sales guys out there. Everytime I try to use him he forgets about what I ordered. Funny I have better luck ordering from Stage 3 Motorsports that's in Arizona and I get it quicker + (no shipping) go figure. I can tell CS is not job one for him. The buffer I bought direct from Adams, you they are local , their shop is in Torrance you could order online then let them know you want to do a will call that's what I did.

Randall...

Jed
Well, I thought it was just me guess not. I'll have to see about getting one and then have Randall help me out at one of the R&Rs or something. I've seen the little movies on the Adams site but nothing compares to having hands on experience. The Meguiars thing isn't a bad idea at all.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)