General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/08, 12:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TacoBill
I think you have crappy luck with your Xcal2, and that sux.

For the mass majority of us, we have no issues to speak of with SCT. It simply stores the tune(s) and downloads it into our 'puter on demand, it's supposed to be that simple.

btw, Danny was able to convert a SCT tune file to Diablo. But, I think it came with a hefty price tag.
Yes, you are right. My luck with this thing does suck and Feces occurs, but you know what really sucks is SCT's lack of support. It may work for you or who ever may have one now but heaven forbid anyone to have to try and contact SCT. Which is my main beef with SCT. Here is a device that can cripple your car, or mine in previous instances, and they are not available nor do they return emails, phone calls and have no one as live support. I find it hard to continue to deal with a company like that.

Originally Posted by tom281
Brian, WTF is this about? Who did you purchase the tuner from, can't they help you? Sorry to hear about your problems man, that stinks. I don't recall seeing much of ANY tuner failures, it does seem strange to me.
I've been told that these things are pretty rugged and for the most part flawless. Mine was for a short period of time. This second one or the refurbished unit (not sure what I have) has been used once to upload and was in between my detailing micro fibre towels in my trunk. Not a overly hostile environment.

A couple of days ago I noticed my car stumbling slightly and thought that I'd reload the tune. Well I was lucky that it didn't erase my ECM. Took it to my tuner, luckily at Irwindale, and again it tried to erase my ECM. Finally got it to work in which the tuner started acting the same way it did when I returned it. This was on it's second use.

I could talk to my tuner but because I bought the device from Doug and now have Adam as my tuner SCT doesn't make it simple for any of us three. My main gripe is that they are unprepared to take the support calls. Which leads me to believe that either they are so overwhelmed and understaffed that the devices are generally bad and have many problems or they are completely unprepared and simply not used to have to deal with support calls.

It'd be different if I didn't ahve to spend 20-30 fruitless minutes on the phone for several days to be at the absolute beginning because no one ever answers the phone, or lost time because the "live support" is neither live nor support. I have no expectations of receiving a return email based on their current practices.
Old 8/26/08, 01:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Brian, have you tried searching the SCT forum for possible solutions/answers to your specific problem? Forum is now closed by SCT, but you may get lucky in the search.

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
Old 8/26/08, 01:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a photoshop

:eyebro w::confu sed:

Explanation (Still don't like it)
No. 4 for Rodgers? Railbirds and media at the practice might think it’s jarring enough to see quarterback Aaron Rodgers run up as a safety during a walk-through portion of practice. But to see him wearing a No. 4 jersey over his regular No. 12 while doing so is both humorous and ironic.

Several players during training camp have worn a blue No. 4 shell when they’ve changed position or moved to the other side of the ball during walk-throughs (i.e. an offensive player playing defense).

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 8/26/08 at 01:35 PM.
Old 8/26/08, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I will. It's at the top of my list post-graduation.
Old 8/26/08, 02:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
It'd be different if I didn't ahve to spend 20-30 fruitless minutes on the phone for several days to be at the absolute beginning because no one ever answers the phone, or lost time because the "live support" is neither live nor support. I have no expectations of receiving a return email based on their current practices.

Dang, sorry about your troubles man....... good luck.
Old 8/26/08, 02:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Only 5 more posts for Tom to hit the big 7k!
I am slowly but surely catching up to you....... and also pulling away from Leo who was a true post ***** for the first year or so he was here....
Old 8/26/08, 02:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I am slowly but surely catching up to you....... and also pulling away from Leo who was a true post ***** for the first year or so he was here....
That's what happens when your unemployed for a year and making 10 posts about something like MGW door locks.

FYI- I have one of the top two or three post per day averages at a whopping 6.97.

Last edited by LEO_06GT; 8/26/08 at 03:07 PM.
Old 8/26/08, 03:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
today is my day to beat-up on SCT.....

Brian, have you tried searching the SCT forum for possible solutions/answers to your specific problem? Forum is now closed by SCT, but you may get lucky in the search.

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
I will search.

But to me, it only helps to solidify my opinion. In 2007 they closed down an open forum in favor of a support system that waits 5 minutes then it even gets impatient and tells you there is no one to answer the "Live" Support.

But I will search
Old 8/26/08, 03:25 PM

Congrats Tom on hitting the big 7K posts!!

Yeah, yeah.. you'll catch up to me eventually, but you'll never be the Taco!
Old 8/26/08, 03:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Check out this news story.... I like how the reporter pours salt in the wound with the last sentence.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A man who grabbed a knife to try to get his two young children out of a locked car died when he fell on the blade, Charlotte police said.
The Charlotte Observer reported that 22-year-old Miguel Angel Rivera Lemus died Sunday afternoon at Carolinas Medical Center after being stabbed in the chest.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police were investigating but said Lemus' death appears to have been an accident.
Lemus and his wife had dropped by their apartment briefly before planning an errand when they realized they had locked their children and keys in the car, authorities said.
The woman searched for spare keys and Lemus grabbed a large butcher knife he hoped to use to pry open a window, police said. Lemus fell down six stairs and landed on the knife, police said.

The woman got the children out with the spare keys.
Old 8/26/08, 03:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
That's what happens when your unemployed for a year and making 10 posts about something like MGW door locks.

FYI- I have one of the top two or three post per day averages at a whopping 6.97.

LOL, as silly as it sounds, I've noticed that- you sure do have a top PPD average!

..............but you'll never be the Taco!

Not exactly sure if that's a bad thing.......

Old 8/26/08, 04:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

LOL, as silly as it sounds, I've noticed that- you sure do have a top PPD average!
Chicks like big PPD's.
Old 8/26/08, 04:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Chicks like big PPD's.
Old 8/26/08, 04:16 PM
Cobra Member

Ultimate blow
Old 8/26/08, 04:54 PM

Well that just sux. Poor dad was hauling too much azz down the stairs and ate it.

Not exactly sure if that's a bad thing.......

You got me.

I don't think anyone wanted to be me the first half of this year.

Chicks like big PPD's.
Chicks like big Postpartum Depression?

Old 8/26/08, 05:00 PM
Cobra Member

Jed, Jed I think this sweety has replaced my number gurl

Thanks Leo just what I needed

Can we say down right HOT

Last edited by NYNY53; 8/26/08 at 05:02 PM.
Old 8/26/08, 05:15 PM

it's official!

TacoBill 4 Prez!

Obama ain't got nuttin' on the Taco!
Old 8/26/08, 05:40 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
woot 7k for tom!

900's not bad, I dont really like the razors anyway, just not my style
Old 8/26/08, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
900's not bad, I dont really like the razors anyway, just not my style
I like them in 20's. Only problem with the ones for sale is that they're only 9" wide. I need at least 10" out back.. wait, that didn't sound right.. you know what I mean.

Here I am talking like I'm ready to buy new wheels.
Old 8/26/08, 05:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Here I am talking like I'm ready to buy new wheels.

Well while you're thinking about it, your car needs some Shelby wheels, but not razors........ try some CS68s or 69s. Those would look badass on the Torch.

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)